collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Nicolò Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by Hookeysmith
[Today at 11:47:55 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Hookeysmith
[Today at 11:46:04 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by LeeB
[Today at 11:43:54 AM]

Kits 23/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 11:40:09 AM]

FFP by Drummond
[Today at 11:39:05 AM]

International Rugby by paul_e
[Today at 10:06:23 AM]

Games Moved for TV by olaftab
[Today at 09:19:58 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Nicolò Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by Hookeysmith
[Today at 11:47:55 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Hookeysmith
[Today at 11:46:04 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by LeeB
[Today at 11:43:54 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Hookeysmith

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Drummond

Re: FFP by Drummond
[Today at 11:39:05 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Drummond
[Today at 11:38:21 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 11:36:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: VAR  (Read 342122 times)

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: VAR
« Reply #1860 on: January 20, 2021, 10:00:07 PM »
That tosser of an ex referee doing a complete 180 after the game. "I've spoken to the governing body who have explained it to me. I understand now and I got it wrong"
What a load of utter shite. They told him to change his stance. Or else. What a pathetic human being. He had the chance there to really make a name for himself. Instead of him peddling the obvious bullshit explanation he could of said:
"well I've listened to their explanation but I believe they are wrong. Mings didn't play the ball deliberately and concede possession he was dispossessed by a player coming back from an offside position "
I've forgotten his name already but I guarantee I'd have remembered it if he'd had the balls to call out their bullshit.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 02:33:37 PM by The Edge »

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1861 on: January 20, 2021, 10:01:17 PM »
That Peter Walton is about as much use as a pair of sunglasses to a bloke with one ear.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1862 on: January 20, 2021, 10:02:43 PM »
That Peter Walton is about as much use as a pair of sunglasses to a bloke with one ear.
Damn it you've reminded me of his name. I really wanted to forget the gutless tosser.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1863 on: January 21, 2021, 09:21:43 AM »
I dread to think what shit Adrian Durham will come out with today about this, pretty sure it’ll be superior sky 6 shit about players and managers not knowing the rules.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1864 on: January 21, 2021, 10:08:34 AM »
That tosser of an ex referee doing a complete 180 after the game. "I've spoken to the governing body who have explained it to me. I understand now and I got it wrong"
What a load of utter shite. They told him to change his stance. Or else. What a pathetic human being. He had the chance there to really make a name for himself. Instead of him peddling the obvious bullshit explanation. He could of said:
"well I've listened to their explanation but I believe they are wrong. Mings didn't play the ball deliberately and concede possession he was dispossessed by a player coming back from an offside position "
I've forgotten his name already but I guarantee I'd have remembered it if he'd had the balls to call out their bullshit.

Sounds like the kind of shit spoken by a cult member. I understand now, it's me, I'm wrong.

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1865 on: January 21, 2021, 10:19:27 AM »
I dread to think what shit Adrian Durham will come out with today about this, pretty sure it’ll be superior sky 6 shit about players and managers not knowing the rules.
Jim White's being saying just that already. My blood pressure's just shot up again already.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #1866 on: January 21, 2021, 11:14:37 AM »
Don't think I've ever been so irate about an incident since Thierry Henry and his fucking free kick. Still raging.More so with the mealy mouthed "experts" explaining how it patently is a rule and any other narrative is irrelevant.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1867 on: January 21, 2021, 11:24:05 AM »
Jim White's being saying just that already. My blood pressure's just shot up again already.

Just seen Pep’s post game presser. Turns out he didn’t know that was the rule either.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1868 on: January 21, 2021, 11:28:07 AM »

Just seen Pep’s post game presser. Turns out he didn’t know that was the rule either.

It's because that's not really the rule! It just got reinterpreted last night.

The rule as written is to say that if a defender does a dodgy backpass which is intercepted by the striker, that's ok.

It was never written to mean a striker in an offside position can tackle the last defender with impunity!

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #1869 on: January 21, 2021, 11:51:28 AM »
The more I look at it, the more I wonder whether the linesman kept his flag down, as they have been doing all season in these offside situations, and then, when they scored, he lost his nerve about calling it offside.

If that's the case, then we've been done by the polar opposite of the Lansbury goal at Palace last season.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #1870 on: January 21, 2021, 11:57:25 AM »
What a load of utter shite. They told him to change his stance. Or else. What a pathetic human being. He had the chance there to really make a name for himself. Instead of him peddling the obvious bullshit explanation. He could of said:
Trump?

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1871 on: January 21, 2021, 11:57:44 AM »
I must admit I didn't understand why it's happening but I think it was Risso explained it's due to allowing VAR to be used so play is not stopped. However keeping the flag is another crazy situation because of VAR.

VAR is rubbish as well as the rules to accommodate it and it's spoiling too many things all at once. Also we're now seeing tweaks to the rule part way through a season and it does sometimes feel we are becoming guinea pigs. Ollie would have had maybe two more goals ti his name if the same thing happened this weekend.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1872 on: January 21, 2021, 12:03:22 PM »
All I can tell you is they talk about the clear and obvious error and intervention yet what exactly did Moss feed back to VAR in what he had seen. Andy Madderly on Var, from the info provided, despite the clear images, thought it was not enough to intervene and therefore he stood by and let the senior man Moss have his way so not to look as undermining him.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1873 on: January 21, 2021, 12:09:09 PM »
Match of the Day last night supporting the goal, but admitting the law needs changing - but I still feel it was misinterpreted due to the 'receives' definition.

if they DON'T make a change, or clarify this, then I don't see how it won't lead to change in the way some forwards play the line.  Imagine making a run in behind, but knowing you're offside, so you stop running, the flag stays down, the defender goes to get it, the second he touches it, you can tackle him - perhaps 30 or 40 years further upfield.  There will be no penalty for making fake offside runs that force defenders into retreating to get the ball.  I can see there being a bit of carnage for a few weeks as wiley forward try to benefit fro this.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1874 on: January 21, 2021, 12:13:15 PM »
On any set piece we should put a player close to the goal. The taker should shoot, a defender will try to block it, thus deliberately playing the ball and any ricochet or deflection can be seized upon.

It's bollocks and they know it. Wankers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal