collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

October 20, 2020, 12:29:57 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 890 | Comments: 14

[url=https://ibb.co/Wxcn...
October 14, 2020, 03:30:23 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 531 | Comments: 3

In December 1950 the directors...
October 05, 2020, 12:24:02 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1377 | Comments: 7

[url=https://ibb.c...
October 04, 2020, 12:05:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 565 | Comments: 4

All the machinations at the fo...
October 02, 2020, 04:50:53 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 543 | Comments: 0

Thereís an old saying, O...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matt Targett - signed  (Read 38193 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 24.01.21
Re: Matt Targett - signed
« Reply #495 on: August 29, 2020, 08:49:28 PM »
Iíve got no doubts they are struggling to bring players in

thatís just the nature of the beast at the moment
but Iím sure itís not for the want of trying

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #496 on: August 29, 2020, 10:20:20 PM »
Because we finished 17th, have no forwards of any note, the worst defence in the division, our keeper is out for at least a month in to the season and we have a couple of weeks until kick off yet we've added no one.

I'm almost 100 percent sure this situation isn't by design or our choosing.

But apart from that you are happy? Jesus, I really wonder why people bother to support us.

Because I have been and always will be in love with the club that I started supporting when I was 6, standing on the Holte End to watch a poor, midweek game against Watford as we slid towards relegation. The same team that I watched trounce Man Utd less than a decade later at Wembley with my old man, one of the happiest days of my life.

It doesn't make me oblivious to the problems we have or are having and I give credit just as fairly when it's due.

But what problems are we having? You are just assuming we are having trouble bringing players in with no proof of that whatsoever.

Playing devil's advocate, you could say the lack of signings is at least an indicator that may be the case.

Just saying, like.

Not necessarily. It doesn't really indicate we are having problems at all. Maybe that's just what some fans want to think.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #497 on: August 30, 2020, 12:52:44 AM »
Bar the odd Benteke one our permanent transfers have generally been a shambles since 2010 under countless managers and owners. Ironically one of the best ones was 2015 but we completely botched the key positions (Richards/Lescott/Gestede) so the other decent ones faded into the same gutless tripe served up by those. Pretty much all of them have done well since and would improve us considerably if we got them back.

Would be lovely to have a 95 transfer campaign again when we improve 3-4 positions in one window. Lots to do when you think how bad our striking options are compared to pretty much every other team.

January was a bit of a warning. Assuming we'd get a decent striker in on the last day and then Borja Baston was plucked from the depths of Suso's contact book.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
« Reply #498 on: October 18, 2020, 10:11:20 PM »
Iíve been one of his harshest critics but another player who has been excellent this season. Just looks really steady. And as part of this back four they all look very settled with a top keeper behind them all.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2021
« Reply #499 on: October 18, 2020, 10:17:14 PM »
One of his best performances for us tonight and I'm one of his biggest critics usually. Bit more aggression shown too.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 11.03.2021
« Reply #500 on: October 18, 2020, 10:27:38 PM »
Well done Matt.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 28.04.2021
« Reply #501 on: October 18, 2020, 10:29:05 PM »
He was very good against Liverpool as well where defence had to work hard.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #502 on: October 19, 2020, 09:07:39 AM »
Iíve been one of his harshest critics but another player who has been excellent this season. Just looks really steady. And as part of this back four they all look very settled with a top keeper behind them all.
Agreed - But I'd say his form has clicked into place since the Liverpool game. He was garbage against Sheff Utd and Fulham, but these last two games he's actually got his head down and performed. Thought he put a monumental performance in last night.

Well done Matty for making us eat humble pie - Long may it continue! UTV

Offline Tom Stewart

« Reply #503 on: October 19, 2020, 12:12:57 PM »
Hopefully the last few games will have stopped the ridculous clamour for Guilbert to be played at left back!

Keep up the good work Matty.

Online Nev

« Reply #504 on: October 19, 2020, 12:21:40 PM »
I'm neither enthused or pissed off with Targett and I like the fact he sometimes links well with Jack but there was a point in the game where he made a tackle, lost the ball then immediately put a block that encapsulated our approach as a team recently. Committed, stoic, determined and with ceaseless effort.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #505 on: October 19, 2020, 12:24:38 PM »
I'm neither enthused or pissed off with Targett and I like the fact he sometimes links well with Jack but there was a point in the game where he made a tackle, lost the ball then immediately put a block that encapsulated our approach as a team recently. Committed, stoic, determined and with ceaseless effort.

There were a few occasions last night when I had to do a double take to see it was him that had just done that, and I'm not one of his detractors.

I thought he was mustard last night.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #506 on: October 19, 2020, 12:29:01 PM »
All of the defence played well including Target. Iíd take him off free kick duty though. He must be great in training to keep getting the job. Has he made a keeper save one yet?

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 06.07.2021
« Reply #507 on: October 19, 2020, 12:45:41 PM »
All of the defence played well including Target. Iíd take him off free kick duty though. He must be great in training to keep getting the job. Has he made a keeper save one yet?

Agreed but when Hourihane doesnít play we are short of left footers.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
« Reply #508 on: October 19, 2020, 12:58:16 PM »
Have been very critical of Targett, but have to admit he is playing well this season. Very happy to be proven wrong.

Offline passport1

• Underneath their clothes people are sheep
« Reply #509 on: October 19, 2020, 01:47:56 PM »
Thought he played very well last night. I think when you bring quality in as we have this season there are often players who have struggled previously that raise their games. Seeing that with Trez also.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal