collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matt Targett - signed  (Read 23790 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
Re: Matt Targett - signed
« Reply #255 on: December 26, 2019, 05:15:49 PM »
The other day Dean Smith suggested Matt Targett could one day play for England. What I think he meant to say was he will again be playing in England when we play our next PL game. Because if he meant to say what he actually he said he needs to carted off to the fucking nut house. Matt Targett at 14m is a back up LB at best and I'm being mightly generous.

Offline KRS

« Reply #256 on: December 26, 2019, 05:17:29 PM »
Hes in a competition with Marv, Wes, Trez and AEG for being the worst signing of the summer. Absolute waste of space and money the lot of them.

Offline Risso

• GM : 13.02.2020
« Reply #257 on: December 26, 2019, 07:57:55 PM »
This lad is garbage.  Up there with Cissokho, and well, all of the rest of our less than stellar left backs of recent years. 

Offline Risso

« Reply #258 on: December 27, 2019, 09:51:43 AM »
On about 85 minutes, Targett gave the ball back to Norwich really casually, and Jack absolutely lost his shit with him. Proper bollocking.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #259 on: December 27, 2019, 09:59:40 AM »
At the minute I'd actually prefer Taylor in the team, which says it all really.

Online jwarry

« Reply #260 on: December 27, 2019, 10:41:38 AM »
The other day Dean Smith suggested Matt Targett could one day play for England. What I think he meant to say was he will again be playing in England when we play our next PL game. Because if he meant to say what he actually he said he needs to carted off to the fucking nut house. Matt Targett at 14m is a back up LB at best and I'm being mightly generous.

He also said his fitness was appalling when he arrived and even now he has to remind him of the level he needs to be at.  It does explain why hes slow and always blowing out his arse, but just maybe if he listens Deano might be right

Offline Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
« Reply #261 on: December 27, 2019, 11:11:09 AM »
On about 85 minutes, Targett gave the ball back to Norwich really casually, and Jack absolutely lost his shit with him. Proper bollocking.

I saw that Risso, I actually thought it was good leadership from Jack as it raises expectations, live on the field of play.  Something I think has been sorely missing this season.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #262 on: December 27, 2019, 12:07:18 PM »
As I said in the summer transfer thread before we signed him . I watched him a few times for Soton and his positioning was awful and he gave the ball away so much , so I thought I can not see anything to justify signing him for 7 or  8 million , the fact we signed him for the price we did is shocking and who ever sanctioned that needs a boot up the ass.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #263 on: December 27, 2019, 01:32:25 PM »
He just hit it without giving it much thought. Jack was making the point that he was in space so if he had kept a cool head, we could have kept possession, relieved the pressure and maybe have done something with it on the counter.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #264 on: December 27, 2019, 01:38:00 PM »
Hause is much better. Remember, he couldn't get in the Southampton team, that's the Southampton team that aren't very good and have spent most of the season in the bottom 3.

Terrible value for money as one day,  when we sell him, he'll go for around 2-3m.

Offline j66acd

« Reply #265 on: December 27, 2019, 02:00:41 PM »
When Mings is fit, move Hause yo left back and have Konsa and Elmo on the right hand side. More of a solid base to build from and all comfortable on the ball.

Online AsTallAsLions

« Reply #266 on: December 27, 2019, 02:02:18 PM »
When Mings is fit, move Hause yo left back and have Konsa and Elmo on the right hand side. More of a solid base to build from and all comfortable on the ball.

Elmo? Not in a million years for me. Was awful yesterday and never should he be playing ahead of Guilbert

Offline Risso

« Reply #267 on: December 27, 2019, 02:05:18 PM »
I didn't think Elmo was that bad.  Nothing special, but not a car crash.  Guilbert started the season quite well, but was spectacularly awful against Southampton.  I guess the trick with players like Guilbert is to spot when they're having a dip in form and get them out of the side, like Smith did yesterday.  A bit like Amavi when he was here.  Clearly talented, but very inconsistent.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #268 on: December 27, 2019, 02:05:42 PM »
The other day Dean Smith suggested Matt Targett could one day play for England.

Really?

What sport at?

Online AsTallAsLions

« Reply #269 on: December 27, 2019, 02:12:30 PM »
I didn't think Elmo was that bad.  Nothing special, but not a car crash.  Guilbert started the season quite well, but was spectacularly awful against Southampton.  I guess the trick with players like Guilbert is to spot when they're having a dip in form and get them out of the side, like Smith did yesterday.  A bit like Amavi when he was here.  Clearly talented, but very inconsistent.

He was poor against Southampton for sure, but then they all were. Elmohamady gives me no comfort in defence so I guess it comes down to personal preference, but I'd certainly prefer Guilbert as I think there's more to come from him. We know there's nothing more to see from Elmo. Sorry Elmo.