collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park.....SOLD  (Read 21081 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Villa Park.....SOLD
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2019, 01:30:35 PM »
When I went to the shop last week the dirty grey bits of concrete looked like they had been acid jet washed rather than cladding - although I could be wrong

Offline Hookeysmith

« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2019, 01:35:07 PM »
The Rwandan genocide was 25 years ago and is totally different to many of the other examples you've cited.

In what sense different Ger, as in significantly worse? 25yrs ago but absolutely current very very difficult repercussions, which are not all hidden from the public eye.

My point was not about Rwanda exactly or specific atrocities but more the fact that a Premiership football team is sponsored by a country that once implemented Genocide on some of its population.

Although it is reverse advertising the Paddy Power push at the moment (mainly to get rid of all the OTHER betting sponsors) has some merit if it does actually get far east betting sites removed.

I long for the days of honest sponsors like

Photocopiers
Yoghurt suppliers
Beer providers

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2019, 01:57:43 PM »
We should be sponsored by Cadbury. Absolutely massive company worldwide. Get it done Wes/Nassef.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2019, 02:40:39 PM »
The Rwandan genocide was 25 years ago and is totally different to many of the other examples you've cited.

In what sense different Ger, as in significantly worse? 25yrs ago but absolutely current very very difficult repercussions, which are not all hidden from the public eye.

My point was not about Rwanda exactly or specific atrocities but more the fact that a Premiership football team is sponsored by a country that once implemented Genocide on some of its population.

Although it is reverse advertising the Paddy Power push at the moment (mainly to get rid of all the OTHER betting sponsors) has some merit if it does actually get far east betting sites removed.

Photocopiers
Yoghurt suppliers
Beer providers

I don't really see how breweries are much more reputable than bookies if we are talking about acceptable shirt sponsors.

Offline luke95

« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2019, 02:44:24 PM »
We should be sponsored by Cadbury. Absolutely massive company worldwide. Get it done Wes/Nassef.

For the people that actually work there it's probably best we leave Cadbury well alone.

Offline Hookeysmith

« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2019, 03:39:48 PM »

Photocopiers
Yoghurt suppliers
Beer providers

I don't really see how breweries are much more reputable than bookies if we are talking about acceptable shirt sponsors.

Then I suppose no Yoghurt  for the lactose intolerant :)

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2020, 11:48:55 PM »

I think what he meant is that a country trying to rebuild itself possibly shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as out-and-out crooks.

There’s limited stuff I can say publically, but it’s not out of place in this list (for that reason at least) I’m very sorry to say.

eg https://www.channel4.com/news/rwandan-man-warned-about-threat-to-his-life

Is real/current , I can share more in DMs.

Now I’m safely back from East Africa, I can now mention this high profile killing in a police cell. https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/02/20/rwanda-ensure-justice-over-kizito-mihigo-death

Not apologising for digging this one up, I’m still appalled by the sportswashing of this regime using Arsenal & now also PSG.

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/visit-rwanda-signs-major-psg-sponsorship-rivals-existing-arsenal-deal/

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal