collapse collapse
Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season? by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 09:14:12 PM]

Other Games - 2021/22 by Bent Neilsens Screamer
[Today at 08:49:29 PM]

1970-71: Outposts of English football by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 08:46:04 PM]

Liverpool vs Aston Villa pre-match Thread by Toronto Villa
[Today at 08:29:20 PM]

Cameron Archer by Legion
[Today at 08:24:38 PM]

VAR by Ad@m
[Today at 08:23:56 PM]

The International Cricket Thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 08:07:36 PM]

f1 by Nunkin1965
[Today at 07:55:15 PM]

August 10, 2021, 03:37:52 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 3443 | Comments: 5

It will soon be three years si...
August 09, 2021, 02:47:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 5979 | Comments: 40

The Jack Grealish transfer mad...
August 08, 2021, 11:32:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 2935 | Comments: 9

So he chose success after all....
August 07, 2021, 01:22:40 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 2208 | Comments: 3

I well remember the day in Feb...
August 06, 2021, 06:39:59 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 2476 | Comments: 11

The new name for the 100 ball ...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wesley Moraes - On Loan  (Read 249750 times)

Offline jwarry

Re: Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed)
« Reply #2415 on: July 25, 2021, 07:11:16 PM »
I  the eternal optimist and happy to say the likes of Targett Konsa et al have come though when I still believed they would.  Iím still a big fan Of Kienan even though his stats are pathetic so I still think he will pull through. BUT Wesley Iíve seen nothing to even suggest heís good enough let alone worth £22m

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #2416 on: July 25, 2021, 10:19:11 PM »
Goldie is only in his element after a defeat.

And when we win? But you only see what you want to, right?

Tottenham PMT:
That was probably the most menacing we've looked as a team since Burnley away. Enjoyable win, but we really should have gave them a hammering with the chances we had.

On our day, we can turn it on against any team in the league.

On Wesley seeing as this is his thread.

Many pages ago:
I was heavily critical of his last two performances but credit where it's due, today he was unplayable. He raised his game from a generous 6 to an outstanding 9.5.

Keep it up.

Keep up with the fabrication though. I almost spilt the 1698 ale I'm drinking from laughing so hard! ;D

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #2417 on: July 25, 2021, 10:29:47 PM »
I  the eternal optimist and happy to say the likes of Targett Konsa et al have come though when I still believed they would.  Iím still a big fan Of Kienan even though his stats are pathetic so I still think he will pull through. BUT Wesley Iíve seen nothing to even suggest heís good enough let alone worth £22m

He looked liked he was finding his feet before his injury, a call up to the national team and a few decent performances.
At that point he was certainly worth more than twenty-two million.

Whether he can recover from that injury, time will tell.

Iíd be surprised if heís ever a regular for us again, but thatís probably because weíve moved on pretty bloody fast.

Good luck to him. Nobody deserved that tackle.

Online Ian.

• GM : 14.09.2022
« Reply #2418 on: July 25, 2021, 10:42:56 PM »
Goldie is only in his element after a defeat.

And when we win? But you only see what you want to, right?

Tottenham PMT:
That was probably the most menacing we've looked as a team since Burnley away. Enjoyable win, but we really should have gave them a hammering with the chances we had.

On our day, we can turn it on against any team in the league.

On Wesley seeing as this is his thread.

Many pages ago:
I was heavily critical of his last two performances but credit where it's due, today he was unplayable. He raised his game from a generous 6 to an outstanding 9.5.

Keep it up.

Keep up with the fabrication though. I almost spilt the 1698 ale I'm drinking from laughing so hard! ;D
Nice to know your happy.

Online john2710

« Reply #2419 on: July 25, 2021, 11:25:18 PM »
He has never looked worth the £22m we paid for him. It was a dreadful injury & heís done well to come back from it.

But the Premier League is no place to try to find your feet after 18 months out.

Offline john e

• GM : 20.02.2022
« Reply #2420 on: July 25, 2021, 11:52:19 PM »
Maybe not
but no matter how wealthy the owners are you simply canít go writing off £22 million pounds worth of investment before you fully know What youíve got

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #2421 on: July 26, 2021, 08:55:30 AM »
Not seen any of his performances since his return from injury.... Has he even looked like scoring a goal yet? What's the situation with the red card too - How many games is he out for now? Not the best decision he's made, when he's crying out for match fitness/form possibly more than any player in the squad!  :(

We got lucky that Ollie stayed fit for a whole season last year - We can't run that risk again with Wes and Keinan as our only backup. Get Tammy in I say

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2022
« Reply #2422 on: July 26, 2021, 09:21:35 AM »
I laid in to Wes enough.  I understand why he is frustrated and on a short fuse, what a terrible 18 months he's had.  Personally I'd cut our losses but if the coaches thing he can contibute in the future then I hope they're right.  I'd be delighted to see him make it.  But if we go into the new season with just Watkins & Wes/Keinan, then it's absolutely criminal.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2423 on: July 26, 2021, 09:54:18 AM »
I think after the Stoke debacle, that simply can't happen and the management know it. That's not to say that we should go and spend pots of money on an understudy, though. Someone who can play across the front line would be a better option. when Bert's back on the grass, he can play that central role, if needed.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2424 on: July 26, 2021, 03:11:32 PM »
I felt a bit sorry for him after the red card was shown. It was clearly a moment (or two) of madness but I wonder how much frustration of the past 18 months came out in that reaction. And by all accounts, he's worked pretty hard during what must have been a pretty lonely time for him.

Any challenge on him by an opponent that he feels excessive has the understandable risk of triggering him and I wouldn't blame him after what that thug Mee did without punishment.

Maybe it had nothing to do with that and Villa are closely monitoring his rehab, but maybe that needs to be tweaked regarding the mental/psychological side now that he's back playing first team football and open to increasing amounts of competitive challenges from the opposition.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 03:13:24 PM by eamonn »

Online Ian.

• GM : 14.09.2022
« Reply #2425 on: July 26, 2021, 03:16:15 PM »
I felt a bit sorry for him after the red card was shown. It was clearly a moment (or two) of madness but I wonder how much frustration of the past 18 months came out in that reaction. And by all accounts, he's worked pretty hard during what must have been a pretty lonely time for him.

Any challenge on him by an opponent that he feels excessive has the understandable risk of triggering him and I wouldn't blame him after what that thug Mee did to him without punishment.

Maybe it had nothing to do with that and Villa are closely monitoring his rehab, which may need to be tweaked regarding the mental/psychological side now that he's back playing first team football.
My thoughts to eamonn. This last 16 months or so have been quite rubbish and I would guess for him extremely frustrating, getting injured when he did, missing family and friends. Iím sure there are many people out there with quite a bit of pent up frustration.

It was silly I know, but some of the comments Iíve seen here and Twitter are very over the top too. I donít understand some of the nasty hateful things people write, especially after the heat of the moment.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2426 on: July 26, 2021, 03:27:54 PM »

Any challenge on him by an opponent that he feels excessive has the understandable risk of triggering him and I wouldn't blame him after what that thug Mee did to him without punishment.

Maybe it had nothing to do with that and Villa are closely monitoring his rehab, which may need to be tweaked regarding the mental/psychological side now that he's back playing first team football.
My thoughts to eamonn. This last 16 months or so have been quite rubbish and I would guess for him extremely frustrating, getting injured when he did, missing family and friends. Iím sure there are many people out there with quite a bit of pent up frustration.

It was silly I know, but some of the comments Iíve seen here and Twitter are very over the top too. I donít understand some of the nasty hateful things people write, especially after the heat of the moment.

A lot of people have long decided that they don't like him so any chance they get to call him shit gets jumped on (on twitter and facebook this is particularly true, I've seen a few openly racist comments mixed in as well). I was hoping there would be some sort of statement from him about the booking though, that nothing has been said by him or the club seems odd.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2022
« Reply #2427 on: July 26, 2021, 03:47:31 PM »
I don't expect a statement from a player when they get sent off, even less so in a pre-season game.  This demand for statements is a bit odd in my book.

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #2428 on: July 26, 2021, 03:47:37 PM »
Was he clattered in the challenge? I've not seen it.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #2429 on: July 26, 2021, 03:50:59 PM »
I laid in to Wes enough.  I understand why he is frustrated and on a short fuse, what a terrible 18 months he's had.  Personally I'd cut our losses but if the coaches thing he can contibute in the future then I hope they're right.  I'd be delighted to see him make it.  But if we go into the new season with just Watkins & Wes/Keinan, then it's absolutely criminal.

Is he better than Davies? We paid 22m for him, but I cannot see how is is worth that much. I hope he proves me wrong but we need another striker.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal