collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.
September 26, 2020, 01:15:18 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 736 | Comments: 19

[url=https://ibb.co/VpNq...
September 23, 2020, 08:37:01 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 286 | Comments: 1

Players in England first offic...
September 20, 2020, 01:40:06 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 663 | Comments: 5

The commentators in the nation...
September 19, 2020, 06:29:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 623 | Comments: 4

The big news since last season...
September 02, 2020, 10:10:15 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1046 | Comments: 14

After the deflating experience...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed)  (Read 162151 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed)
« Reply #1995 on: July 28, 2020, 08:45:34 AM »
was he lost?

Offline Villan82

« Reply #1996 on: July 28, 2020, 09:32:34 AM »
That New Year's day game at Burnley was season defining.

We lost two critical players to long-term injuries. A keeper who had probably been one of our players of the season up to that day and our new striker who had 5 goals for the season at the half-way point and who looked to be 'coming good'. Those injuries almost cost us our league status. But, we also won the game and that was a massive three points.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #1997 on: July 28, 2020, 09:44:20 AM »
I wouldn't expect to see him anywhere near match fit until Christmas.

I think you're probably right.

All the more reason to go all-out for a decent new striker.

Tammy would be nice. Reckon we should just bid 40m for him and be done with it.

I reckon wed probably get him

my Chelsea mate says hes not good enough for them being a top 4 side, misses to many chances
but would be ok for us apparently

patronising but probably true

My older brother whose in his early 60s, is a life long chelsea supporter, long story. But hes pretty similar about Tammy, likes his work rate but doesnt think hes quite good enough and that he misses to many chances.
Id love him back at VP. Think his goals when grealish was our, had as much to do with us not sinking without trace last year. Not sure if its just a romantic notion hoping to get him back, but I suppose if Chelsea say hes surplus to requirements, you never know.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1998 on: July 28, 2020, 10:58:53 AM »
The injury he had is 9-10months to recover from normally, with 7-8 months before you'd be training to any meaningful extent. On that basis if there's no complications he'll be involved in a lighter form of pre-season and be back full training by the time the season starts. If everything goes well we could see him on the bench in late october-early november.

He was jogging round the streets in Brazil about 2 months ago

Jogging is completely different to training when it comes to knee injuries. It's turning and lateral movement that you need to be careful with, that's the light training I mean, short sprints, side steps, etc. Then if he's ok with that it moves to light contact then full contact. that's a 5-6 week process, I assume the players have a short break now with pre-season starting in a week or 2 but maybe he can start when the rest of the squad does. It's hard to tell really but once there's photos of him training outside with the squad then we can see a timescale.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1999 on: August 17, 2020, 08:13:11 PM »
Getting tattooed in Brazil as we speak. No idea what that means but thought the lads were all called back to Bodymoor today. May or may not lend credence to the injury rumours.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2000 on: August 17, 2020, 10:32:26 PM »
Hope he's being a good Dad to his childer. Plenty of time for tattoos when he's packed the kids off to uni and is a retired man at 40.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2001 on: August 17, 2020, 10:45:22 PM »
He's miles away from coming back if he isn't even in the country.

Would start with light training and then gradually build up and that's normally two months.

Also need to stop putting on stupid amounts of pressure when he does get back and start playing. Kodj was never the same force after his injuries in 2017 and McGinn wasn't himself either apart from the very end of the season.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #2002 on: August 18, 2020, 08:45:57 AM »

Would start with light training and then gradually build up and that's normally two months.

Also need to stop putting on stupid amounts of pressure when he does get back and start playing. Kodj was never the same force after his injuries in 2017 and McGinn wasn't himself either apart from the very end of the season.

That's what I thought.

Such a brutal injury. Ben Mee is an absolute berkshire.

Offline The Edge

• GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #2003 on: August 18, 2020, 08:57:03 AM »

That's what I thought.

Yeah I agree about Ben Mee he's a piece of work. Liverpool fans hate him as he done one of their players with the same tackle/assault and that player was out for a whole season. Can't recall his name though unfortunately.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2021
« Reply #2004 on: August 18, 2020, 09:07:55 AM »
When I was a youngster, players committing tackles like that would live to regret it.  Players kept long memories of wrongdoings.  There would be little quarter given and little asked provided the 'hard but fair' scenarios were applied.  Ben Mee and his ilk are/were sneaky.

I once had the misfortune of refereeing a friendly charity game involving the Albion Old Stars in which Johnny Giles was playing and the scars around the back of his knees spoke to me of retribution.  For those that never saw Giles play, he was a very,very good footballer but a sneaky, dirty bastard.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #2005 on: August 18, 2020, 09:09:34 AM »
When I was a youngster, players committing tackles like that would live to regret it.  Players kept long memories of wrongdoings.  There would be little quarter given and little asked provided the 'hard but fair' scenarios were applied.  Ben Mee and his ilk are/were sneaky.

I once had the misfortune of refereeing a friendly charity game involving the Albion Old Stars in which Johnny Giles was playing and the scars around the back of his knees spoke to me of retribution.  For those that never saw Giles play, he was a very,very good footballer but a sneaky, dirty bastard.

That's twice now he's been mentioned this morning! ;)

But yes, you're absolutely right.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2021
« Reply #2006 on: August 18, 2020, 09:26:46 AM »

That's what I thought.

Yeah I agree about Ben Mee he's a piece of work. Liverpool fans hate him as he done one of their players with the same tackle/assault and that player was out for a whole season. Can't recall his name though unfortunately.

It was Joe Gomez

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2007 on: August 18, 2020, 10:20:42 AM »
if Wes can't play again are we insured?

Offline ChicagoLion

« Reply #2008 on: August 18, 2020, 10:36:36 AM »
if Wes can't play again are we insured?
It is normal practice except when Tim and Micah are involved.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 15.08.2021
« Reply #2009 on: August 18, 2020, 11:20:27 AM »
Ive honestly thought for a while that we might not see him again. That video of him training a couple of months back looked painful to watch. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal