collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed)  (Read 146440 times)

Offline FatSam

Re: Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed)
« Reply #1185 on: November 25, 2019, 11:47:44 PM »
Has Wes an assist for us yet this season ? We simply have to strengthen our options up top in Jan.

I think he has 2 assists

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1186 on: November 25, 2019, 11:49:47 PM »
1 assist against Norwich afaik.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 06.02.2021
« Reply #1187 on: November 25, 2019, 11:59:02 PM »
Heís getting better, and stronger but he needs to work harder, especially as heís not contributing goals for the team. He doesnít join the team in responding to the triggers to press the opposition.

Early days and itís a shame we are so light we canít give him a break out of the limelight.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1188 on: November 26, 2019, 12:02:29 AM »
I thought he had a decent game. Shame he didn't put that one away at the end as he's gone a few games without scoring now.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #1189 on: November 26, 2019, 12:15:45 AM »
Not good.enough. Everyone around me was saying same thing as we walked out...a new striker is needed in Jan. He did improve 2nd half but missed a sitter. With our midfield we are crying out for a poacher.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #1190 on: November 26, 2019, 12:27:17 AM »
Ran all night, just canít finish a gilt edged chance for shit.
apart from the two identical chances he scored against Arsenal and Norwich..we seem so quick to write him off.. 4 in 14 ain't great, but it's a whole lot better than none in 14 for the £40m striker in the opposition tonight. He will get better we have sod all else to replace him with and he working his bollocks off.. he deserves a bit of slack
This.

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #1191 on: November 26, 2019, 12:49:27 AM »
He worked hard tonight, and did OK in linking the play up when he dropped deeper, but unfortunately he just doesn't look like he'll ever really be an effective striker.  He has no pace, no movement off the ball, no aerial ability and no real skill on the ball.  Hard to know really where the improvement is going to come from.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #1192 on: November 26, 2019, 06:51:31 AM »
the guy who sits beside me, said that the Newcastle centre Forward cost £40+ million, they must feel robbed, judging by his performance last night.

I thought he did okay, he should have scored his chance last night, but we had a few other chances that other players should also have scored.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1193 on: November 26, 2019, 07:25:31 AM »
Lazy? He absolutely ran his bollocks off. I get some of the criticism but calling him lazy on the back of that effort tonight is daft.

At times he wouldn't even jump in for a cross. He was moaning and groaning again after every challenge on him.

I don't think he was that great to be honest. Joelinton looks a lot worse find you!

Offline Risso

« Reply #1194 on: November 26, 2019, 09:33:18 AM »
Not being as expensive or as crap as Joelinton isn't much of a recommendation.

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #1195 on: November 26, 2019, 09:53:29 AM »
I think Wes has done pretty well considering he's a young player in his first season in English football. His performance against Everton showed he at very least has the potential to be a very good Premier League striker. Ideally we'd have another forward who could share the responsibility of being our main outlet for goals - no idea who is likely to be available, but a loan signing in January would certainly help.

Online Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
« Reply #1196 on: November 26, 2019, 10:17:09 AM »
I think he did well last night, other than that miss.

Personally, I think he does better with someone playing off him, and El Ghazi seems to be the one doing that in our set up. As long as there's someone close by, i.e. he's not left isolated, then he can offer a lot. He's definitely different to the players Dave W mentioned as they were all capable of creating something from nothing, however, I believe his time will come and with increased confidence and fitness it'll come.

He went looking for the ball last night and it was good to see him coming deeper with other players in an advanced position as a consequence, that definitely beats him ploughing a lonely furrow miles away from anyone.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1197 on: November 26, 2019, 10:32:48 AM »
I've got to admit he's pretty crap and we are just making little excuses here and there for him and highlighting small bits of decent play. A center forward needs to do a lot more, he just doesn't look dangerous, defenders aren't and won't be scared of him. I'm not sure what you'd say his qualities are and that isn't good for a £20m+ player.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1198 on: November 26, 2019, 10:39:12 AM »
I'm not sure what you'd say his qualities are and that isn't good for a £20m+ player.

That's the big issue for me.  If he was really quick, or got into good goal scoring positions you could argue he just needed time.  Other than dropping deep and chesting the ball down a lot, I'm not sure what he really offers.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #1199 on: November 26, 2019, 10:47:10 AM »
I'm not sure what you'd say his qualities are and that isn't good for a £20m+ player.

That's the big issue for me.  If he was really quick, or got into good goal scoring positions you could argue he just needed time.  Other than dropping deep and chesting the ball down a lot, I'm not sure what he really offers.

Agree, I am unimpressed thus far. Moments of quality but few enough to be concerned. It doesn't help that his body language is so awful at times, I wonder what impact that has on the rest of the team.

Also, for such a big lad, he doesn't win much in the air.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal