collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Theme From An Unmade Silent Movie  (Read 15130 times)

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
Re: Theme From An Unmade Silent Movie
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2022, 08:35:00 AM »
Had it as my ringtone for as long as I can remember, when my phone rings I like to listen to it for a few seconds before answering. Yes I know I need to get out more but it holds such happy memories for me.

My ringtone as well, many happy memories. It will be the music played as I shuffle off this mortal coil. (ps I love classical music but can't stand the present tune)

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2022, 10:41:15 AM »
I realise I'm in a minority of one, but I like the walk out music. I've even got it in my liked songs on Spotify.

TFAUSM on the other hand. Played it the other day and wasn't impressed.

Oh I like the piece of music, I just don't like it blasted out of tinny speakers at ten million decibels.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2022, 10:44:27 AM »
You're right, the speakers are shite.  I can't even hear the words to David Bradleys poem in the upper Holte.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2022, 10:44:50 AM »
It’s been the ringtone on my phone for years.
It takes me back, I love it.

My villa youth with my grandfather. Love it

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2022, 11:07:13 AM »
Sweet Caroline has to be the most inexplicably popular bag of shite i've ever heard. Fucking awful.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2022, 01:32:38 PM »
Sweet Caroline has to be the most inexplicably popular bag of shite i've ever heard. Fucking awful.

Yeah, was novel at the start but now completely overplayed shite. Even heard it during the recent NFL game at Wembley.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2022, 01:32:56 PM »
Had it as my ringtone for as long as I can remember, when my phone rings I like to listen to it for a few seconds before answering. Yes I know I need to get out more but it holds such happy memories for me.

My ringtone as well, many happy memories. It will be the music played as I shuffle off this mortal coil. (ps I love classical music but can't stand the present tune)

The good news is they're bringing it back as the 'entrance music', the bad news is they'll be playing it backwards.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2022, 01:57:51 PM »

Yeah, was novel at the start but now completely overplayed shite. Even heard it during the recent NFL game at Wembley.

Yeah, it's a good song but totally overplayed now, even if it does give one the opportunity to sing 'Fuck the Blues'.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2022, 02:25:10 PM »

Yeah, it's a good song but totally overplayed now, even if it does give one the opportunity to sing 'Fuck the Blues'.
I believe it's played at a great deal of games of any sport in the USA...a generic "feelgood" anthem.
It's been Reading's theme since the 90s, we picked it up during our Championship years, then it went "viral", as the kids say.
Whenever I hear it now I think of the day we got promoted and the team joining in the singing with the fans from their hotel balcony.
It was perfect for us then.
Doesn't mean much to us in the here and now.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2022, 03:05:19 PM »
An unpopular one but I have never been into the playing of of Hi Ho Aston Villa. We can do better, surely?

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2022, 03:29:38 PM »
Just watched a re-run of our 1999 3-1 Worthington Cup quarter final win against West Ham at the Boleyn Ground. The Villa fans sing a stirring The Bells are Ringing.
This should be our anthem.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2022, 03:37:02 PM »
An unpopular one but I have never been into the playing of of Hi Ho Aston Villa. We can do better, surely?

Nor me. It's traditionally a Wolves one, so no idea why we picked it up.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2022, 04:08:28 PM »
As a piece of music it is dirge (mind you, so is HEITS, or the original GRITS), it just triggers memories for me, but that sort of thing is a personal reaction so totally understand why it means nothing for others.

Don't get me started on Hi Ho Silver Lining. Nobody knows the words to it so they have to pipe it through for the four words that the fans sing along to. All that and it's a Wolves song. If you listen to the words it pretty much describes their fans.

Offline Rico

« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2022, 04:23:29 PM »
Holte Enders in the Sky is shit!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2022, 04:27:03 PM »
We've been using HHSL on and off for a fair while. It was one of the post match songs at Wembley in '96 for example.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal