collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Realistic Expectations  (Read 113432 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Realistic Expectations
« Reply #660 on: March 24, 2021, 11:17:03 AM »
Given today's murmurings about FFP getting the heave-ho, I now have completely unrealistic expectations.

Chelsea fans on Twitter are getting very excited about this. Little do they know.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #661 on: March 24, 2021, 11:54:08 AM »
Yep, I think europe may be a season too early for us. It would have been great for the fans but we'd need a better squad than we have now. Let's just take one season at a time and go for it next year.

Agree. We’ve got a decent, more experienced, team now. A few tweaks to the first team are required in the summer and a strengthening of the overall squad before we can make a decent showing in Europe.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #662 on: March 24, 2021, 12:45:13 PM »
Given today's murmurings about FFP getting the heave-ho, I now have completely unrealistic expectations.

Ooh...

Offline 260475

« Reply #663 on: April 18, 2021, 03:04:38 PM »
Cashed out my top ten finish bet last week, for an ok profit on the basis that we've gone into snooze mode to the end of the season. Could even see a drubbing or two before the end.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #664 on: April 18, 2021, 10:57:59 PM »
I think that was a good move, I'd not be wholly surprised if we didn't win another game this season.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #665 on: April 19, 2021, 12:25:15 AM »
I expect us to compete for the title next year.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #666 on: August 04, 2021, 12:46:08 PM »
Re examination of this thread. And maybe that move of Grealish has given us all a reality check unfortunately.
The competition and playing catch up to get where we want to be
So it's a bitter pill to sell a highly skilled and very influential player remains to be seen how things will go this season and onward however we can take positively from Leicester City as one example who sold Kante, Mahrez , Maguire and Chilwel in recent seasons and have more latterly solidified there position in competing in league fir champions League and in the cups and won the FA cup.
Dean Smith is a positive coach who will use the existing squad to look to better the position that last season
I think realistically a push to top 6 to top 8.

Even with sale of Grealish I think it's realistic given our players to finish top half 10 or above and better last season

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #667 on: August 04, 2021, 12:48:42 PM »
Top half is optimistic right now. Feel we're probably 16-12th bracket as it stands.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #668 on: August 04, 2021, 12:50:44 PM »
Top half is optimistic right now. Feel we're probably 16-12th bracket as it stands.

It will be down to Dean. That’s the biggest thing for me in all of this. But we can be better all round if he uses the players well. If not he’ll be fired. He knows the clock is ticking and he has to perform. His record without Jack is awful which is why in my opinion he wanted Jack type players like ESR and will likely get Cantwell.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #669 on: August 04, 2021, 12:53:43 PM »
I really have no idea. On the plus side the opposition won't know either now we have no Ratboy. On the minus side, players have to settle in a revamped midfield/way of playing etc... how much you spend on replacements doesn't really come into it. I'm going for a safe place above or below last season

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #670 on: August 04, 2021, 12:54:09 PM »
I think it'll be down to how we start the season now. The timing of this is fucking shit and could easily fuck us up for a month or 2 whilst we work out a new way of playing. If that happens then I'm with Ads and think it'll mean we end up taking a step or 2 backwards.

The alternative is that the coaches have been planning for it all summer and manage to get a 'backs to the wall' attitude into the squad by focusing on proving him wrong for wimping out of the challenge.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #671 on: August 04, 2021, 12:54:50 PM »
I think we can make top half, last season we didn't have the squad depth to rotate players but I'm happy with the signings of better quality players so far. Without Grealish we may well perform better as a team because opposition teams as West Ham demonstrated that once they marked Jack out of the game we didn't have any other way to play.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #672 on: August 04, 2021, 01:01:17 PM »
I think it'll be down to how we start the season now. The timing of this is fucking shit and could easily fuck us up for a month or 2 whilst we work out a new way of playing. If that happens then I'm with Ads and think it'll mean we end up taking a step or 2 backwards.

The alternative is that the coaches have been planning for it all summer and manage to get a 'backs to the wall' attitude into the squad by focusing on proving him wrong for wimping out of the challenge.

Not having to take free kick every two minutes and having some up tempo ballers in Bailey and Buendia who provide off the ball movement , pass and progress with the ball quickly and actually shoot rather than go round the houses with Jack dribbling is a wonderfully new way to look at things!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #673 on: August 04, 2021, 01:12:13 PM »
Below:
Man City
Man U
Liverpool
Chelsea
Leicester
Arsenal