collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 10:04:08 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:55:30 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:53:19 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 09:47:38 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 09:46:25 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 09:45:15 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Realistic Expectations  (Read 113833 times)

Offline sirlordbaltimore

Re: Realistic Expectations
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2019, 05:18:03 PM »
Interesting in the initial polling that a Europa league spot appears out of our reach. Wolves managed it so I do wonder how that perspective will change as the summer progresses and the squad evolves?

They did have a far better team when they got promoted then we currently have. That's why they won the league.

We need to do more work on recruitment for sure. But we shouldn't go mental and start changing the whole side clearly. Maybe 4-5 new starters are needed though IMHO. Starting with two fullbacks

Online jwarry

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2019, 05:31:13 PM »
Dean said his aim is to finish No1...... 💪🤗

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2019, 05:51:36 PM »
Yep, fuck consolidating. We're not a promoted club. We're the returning power back from the quagmire, and we're really quite fucked off about it.

Let them all worry about us. Liverpool, the absolute choking nonentities, lost a game this season and so deservedly didn't win the league. We know what we have to do. I expect that we'll draw a couple, but apart from that I foresee an unchallenged re-coronation. We will receive apologies, in writing and full page ads in the quality press, from the rest of the 'Premier League' clubs to Aston Villa for daring to think that they deserved to share a pitch with us. UEFA will invite us to its G14 meetings, or whatever the fuck they're called, and we will respond by disbanding UEFA.

This will be followed in short order by Nassef Siwiris writing a letter to the boards of the 'top six', inviting them to enter the sea, pockets-first. We will then write to twelve clubs in the Midlands and North-West of England, inviting them to provide us with a justification for allowing them to play against us in a revised league format.

Richard Keys will then be burned and catering will be provided.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2019, 05:58:07 PM »
Yep, fuck consolidating. We're not a promoted club. We're the returning power back from the quagmire, and we're really quite fucked off about it.

Let them all worry about us. Liverpool, the absolute choking nonentities, lost a game this season and so deservedly didn't win the league. We know what we have to do. I expect that we'll draw a couple, but apart from that I foresee an unchallenged re-coronation. We will receive apologies, in writing and full page ads in the quality press, from the rest of the 'Premier League' clubs to Aston Villa for daring to think that they deserved to share a pitch with us. UEFA will invite us to its G14 meetings, or whatever the fuck they're called, and we will respond by disbanding UEFA.

This will be followed in short order by Nassef Siwiris writing a letter to the boards of the 'top six', inviting them to enter the sea, pockets-first. We will then write to twelve clubs in the Midlands and North-West of England, inviting them to provide us with a justification for allowing them to play against us in a revised league format.

You'll do for me, SE.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2019, 06:52:18 PM »
At the moment I'd be happy with 13-17th but I'll see how we deal in the transfer market yet.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2019, 07:15:16 PM »
Well I for one am glad that our owners, board and manager think a little more positively than we do.

We have a head coach that has a football philosophy and will not change - the quality of squad will to compete at this level.

Can't wait. And i bet Deano can't either

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2019, 07:52:07 PM »
Dean said his aim is to finish No1...... 💪🤗

Right, I don't want to put any undue pressure on him, or put anyone else on a downer, but...
If we don't win the Cup and/or the league next season, come the start of 20/21 we'll have won each one only once in a century.

Like I said, no pressure, Dean...

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2019, 08:24:59 PM »

Absolute genius. I vote for you as next FIFA president

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2019, 08:49:12 PM »

Absolute genius. I vote for you as next FIFA president

Me too, but no backhanders unless they are shared out, and defo no finals in obscure countries. 

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2019, 08:53:44 PM »
Me too, but no backhanders unless they are shared out, and defo no finals in obscure countries. 

Agreed, tough shit Wales and Scotland.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2019, 09:00:06 PM »
See no reason why we can't do as well as Watford and Wolves.

Wolves were fortunate that they built a Premier League team while still in the Championship.

Good recruitment is going to be absolutely crucial.  Fulham showed chucking millions of pounds at it doesn't guarantee saying up.  It's a balancing act to bring in players who will improve as AND the right characters.  Deano has built a strong spirit here, and that will be vital moving forward.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 09:04:24 PM by BC Villain »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2019, 09:04:33 PM »
During the first half of tonight's game the commentator for BT Sport Ian Darke pointed out that Arsenal "Only spent seventy million pounds in the summer". Welcome to the Premier League.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2019, 09:06:38 PM »

Wolves were fortunate that they built a Premier League team while still in the Championship.
Fortunate, or smart?
Here is a view from the Grauniad about this season:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/29/football-league-teams-of-the-season-2018-19-championship-league-one-two
1 Villa player in their Championship team.
Do we have a mountain to climb?

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2019, 09:08:44 PM »

Fortunate, or smart?
Here is a view from the Grauniad about this season:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/29/football-league-teams-of-the-season-2018-19-championship-league-one-two
1 Villa player in their Championship team.
Do we have a mountain to climb?

Both.  Smart enough to know and fortunate to be able to do it.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2019, 09:42:42 PM »

I tell you what, that's more of a manifesto than you'll ever see from the Brexit Party!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal