collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Here's to the departing old boys. Thanks for helping us up.  (Read 24320 times)

Offline Brassneck

Re: Here's to the departing old boys. Thanks for helping us up.
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2019, 09:03:53 PM »
Have a read of the Richards thread around the time that West Ham were supposedly wanting to sign him.  Most would have shipped him anywhere and been happy to pay 90% of his wages.  It is inconceivable to imagine a PL side would have been interested in Richards after the season he had just had, let alone double his wages. At the time was not even starting games for Villa (except when the 2nd string played against Luton in the Caribo cup).  He couldn't get into a Championship side, let alone command a £70,000 weekly salary from a PL side.

Let's not try to re-write history about poor old "injury hit" Micha.  He was a disgrace and if he looks in the mirror, he will know it.

I don't hate him either - I'm just glad his gone and thankful that the drain on our under the cosh resources did not prove more costly in terms of FFP.

Yes he is gone and rightly should be forgotten but let's not blame a succession of managers for his own actions.

Offline danno

Re: Here's to the departing old boys. Thanks for helping us up.
« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2019, 09:37:09 PM »
Was Moyes in charge at West Ham at that time?  He signed a geriatric Patrice Evra, could see him going in for Richards.

The few articles that have come out always seem to be very pro Richards, so they've either been leaked by his agent or maybe possibly he just wasn't a massive twat?

I'm saying that because Bruce wasn't afraid to publicly condemn McCormack, so why wouldn't he call Richards a disgrace too?

I'm more inclined to believe he does have a knee problem and that he was frozen out as a result. You can't force your way into a team Championship or otherwise if the manager decides you're never going to play.

I have no sympathy for him or for us, as we got burned by our own stupidity. I suppose that's why I'm less rabid about him, he signed his contract, played shit, got dropped, got paid.  Much like the previous bomb squadders.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal