collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Promoted Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 79768 times)

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: Promoted Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #495 on: June 02, 2019, 05:10:14 PM »
“The only disappointment with Villa Park is that the corners of the ground are open”

Fuck off.

This. Fuck off again.
Then come back, and fuck off some more.

Fuck Off

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #496 on: June 02, 2019, 08:12:40 PM »
“The only disappointment with Villa Park is that the corners of the ground are open”

Fuck off.

This. Fuck off again.
Then come back, and fuck off some more.

Fuck Off

Oh and while you're at it fuck off

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #497 on: June 03, 2019, 12:43:26 AM »
Four cough, FFS.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #498 on: June 03, 2019, 09:56:27 AM »
I'm with everyone suggesting the fucking off!

Revisiting the glorious game over the weekend again, I'm on the telly clear as day when they zoom in on Deano celebrating the first goal!!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #499 on: June 03, 2019, 10:11:11 AM »
Villa Park would be much improved with a redeveloped North wrapping round in unison with thebTrinity Road and Witton Lane.

The acoustics and sound would be trapped. The ground would be louder, look better and be more intimidating for away support inside the ground.

Online DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #500 on: June 03, 2019, 10:30:54 AM »
Villa Park would be much improved with a redeveloped North wrapping round in unison with thebTrinity Road and Witton Lane.

The acoustics and sound would be trapped. The ground would be louder, look better and be more intimidating for away support inside the ground.

I would knock the Witton down too though and re-build it with bigger concourse.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #501 on: June 03, 2019, 10:43:33 AM »
If there was any major rebuild the Alexandra stadium could be used post commonwealth games while it still has 40,000 seats.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #502 on: June 03, 2019, 11:06:48 AM »
I've just watched the Dean Smith one....goosebumps

Compare and contrast with Lampard in the dressing room after their semi-final win. I have no axe to grind with Lampard (politics aside) or Derby, but the difference does highlight that a bit of distance from the troops, even in victory, is probably a more sensible approach.

Or I could be talking nonsense again.

Think you're right. Given Derby's beef with Leeds starting from January beating them was what they wanted and that felt a mini play off final win with their celebrations.

It was similar to us beating Liverpool in FA cup semi final and mass celebrations after. Yes a brilliant day but we then had the tourist look on cup final day and it showed on the pitch from first minute. Same for Derby although obviously closer game.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #503 on: June 03, 2019, 06:53:14 PM »
There were a lot of Derby fans there for a big day out. We turned meaning business.

Final day was a long one as I went there and back. Left my house at 5.30am and got home at 2am on Tuesday.  I also managed a 2 day hangover to follow.

We were in the North Star on the Finchley Road at 10am before a wander down to Swiss Cottage. H+Vers on show everywhere.

It was good fun. We also had the German and Italian contingents there after the match as well.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #504 on: June 03, 2019, 07:46:32 PM »
There were a lot of Derby fans there for a big day out. We turned meaning business.

Final day was a long one as I went there and back. Left my house at 5.30am and got home at 2am on Tuesday.  I also managed a 2 day hangover to follow.

We were in the North Star on the Finchley Road at 10am before a wander down to Swiss Cottage. H+Vers on show everywhere.

It was good fun. We also had the German and Italian contingents there after the match as well.

Good to briefly meet you!

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #505 on: June 03, 2019, 08:14:02 PM »

Good that it was brief?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #506 on: June 03, 2019, 08:23:24 PM »

Good that it was brief?

There's only one Sexual Ealing, and so many men...

Offline spartacuss

« Reply #507 on: June 04, 2019, 01:00:00 PM »
Some statto at the match reminded me that Villa's Wembley record during the past (declining!) nine years is not too shabby. 6 appearances in 9 years is an average of once every 18 months - fairly respectable outside of the clusterfuck at the top of the Prem League.

And our winning  percentage, in that time, is 2 out of 6 or 33%, which compares quite favourably with the right-wing distraction and divide project known by the 'B' word where 36% of the electorate or 26% of the population decided that people in the UK will have their social and economic lives fucked-over - long-term, big-time - even more than before the vote.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 01:09:09 PM by spartacuss »

Online Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #508 on: June 04, 2019, 01:00:47 PM »

I was at the Cottage after the game too but you would only know me as the guy who stood on the table and took the group photo!

Online DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #509 on: June 04, 2019, 06:18:45 PM »

I was at the Cottage after the game too but you would only know me as the guy who stood on the table and took the group photo!

Ah yes, I remember you! Any chance of a PM to share the photo?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal