collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Idiots Wading In.  (Read 7978 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Idiots Wading In.
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2019, 11:59:43 AM »
The title of your post says it all.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 12:20:29 PM »
I don’t see why people think that Bielsa did it grudgingly. Whilst Smith said in his post match interview that he had suggested it, he said that Bielsa agreed and he gave him credit for that.

I don’t think that Bielsa is particularly ‘dirty’. I think that there is just a South American cultural thing about the ‘dark arts’ as we would call them demonstrating cunning.

There is very much a South American cultural thing in that respect. As shown over the years by the likes of Maradona and Suarez. They even have a word for it. 'Viveza', which basically means doing whatever is needed to gain an advantage.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2019, 12:41:48 PM »
I don’t see why people think that Bielsa did it grudgingly. Whilst Smith said in his post match interview that he had suggested it, he said that Bielsa agreed and he gave him credit for that.

I don’t think that Bielsa is particularly ‘dirty’. I think that there is just a South American cultural thing about the ‘dark arts’ as we would call them demonstrating cunning.

There is very much a South American cultural thing in that respect. As shown over the years by the likes of Maradona and Suarez. They even have a word for it. 'Viveza', which basically means doing whatever is needed to gain an advantage.

...or as we call it - cheating

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2019, 02:26:47 PM »

...or as we call it - cheating

Applauds

It is nothing else but that - if one of our players did what the likes of Bamford did then I would want him out

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2019, 09:05:52 AM »
Is the thread title what Mark E Smith would have called the next Fall album?

Was listening to Matt Cooper (a Leeds fan)on TodayFm the other day and he started off describing the scene by saying that Kodjia "fouls himself" (! Presumably not meaning that he "did a Lineker") and that the whole thing about Villa putting tye ball out of play earlier was ridiculous as Villa were hemmed-in with nowhere to go anyway. He then gave his guest, "former Aston Villa striker Tony Cascarino" the chance to comment, unfortunately "Cas" was his usual inarticulate, illogical self, who preferred to talk about how nuts Bielsa was when Cascarino played in France. I don't know how him and Merson get gigs as analysts, they're such boneheads.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2019, 09:31:19 AM »
I generally like Matt Cooper but, one day I got into the car and he was half way through an interview with someone, I don't know who but he was from the music world and they were discussing the merits of the music from some UK city or other it may have been Manchester I can't remember.  For some reason or other the musical history of Birmingham briefly cropped up in the conversation to which Matt Cooper said 'have there ever been any good hands from Birmingham?' and they both started laughing.  This got my back up so when I got home I emailed him providing him with a long list Birmingham's musical heritage asking him to put the record straight and added that I await his apology.  I'm still waiting for both.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2019, 10:28:33 AM »
Why do all these clueless idiots keep wading into this Leeds debacle. 

I’ve had countless people saying to me ‘play to the whistle.’  These same people have seen 30 seconds of tv news coverage on the incident and no coverage of Hourihane putting the ball out so no context whatsoever.  Quite apart from the fact that we kind of get the playing to the whistle, but It’s the sneaky bastard feign to put the ball out and not doing so that caused us to lose it.

Add to these people every no mark pundit having their say.  Josh Warrington the unbiased boxer, Saunders, Fat Sam (he always hated us), Noel Whelan, Merson being ignorant about why we played a full strength team, Charlie fcukin Adam, Danny fcukin Murphy, and alll the rest of the shithouses.  The thing I hate the most are the likes of Talkshite giving the impression that these opinions are gospel.

God I hate social media (this place excepted).
Great rant. I hadn't realised just how much anti-villa sentiment there was out there until the Leeds fiasco. We really do seem to ruffle a lot of feathers don't we? The best comments i heard were from ex- Leeds player Danny Mills. Unexpectedly fair i thought.  But you know what. Fuck em all. We're Aston Villa.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2019, 11:28:07 AM »
It's because we are massive. Nobody would give a fuck if there was a controversial incident in a match involving some no marks like Southampton, Swansea or Small Heath.

Fuck the fuckers.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2019, 01:51:09 PM »
Bielsa sent his team out to kick fucking lumps out of Grealish, just like every other shithouse club has tried all season.

The sooner we climb out of this ewer, the better.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2019, 05:05:16 PM »
Bielsa sent his team out to kick fucking lumps out of Grealish, just like every other shithouse club has tried all season.

Yes, yes and thrice yes. 

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2019, 05:40:58 PM »

Indeed, the championship is one hell of a big jug to clamber out of.  ;)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2019, 08:01:21 PM »
Ads is probably feeling a bit sheepish after that typo.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2019, 08:05:58 PM »
He ought to be lambasted.

Offline TB

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2019, 09:01:25 PM »
In fairness, I'm not sure wether he considered the ramifications.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2019, 10:09:25 AM »
Probably feeling a bit penned in, with all the criticism.

His posts usually raise the baa though...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal