collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bolton game in jeopardy?  (Read 8542 times)

Online FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
Re: Bolton game in jeopardy?
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2019, 09:25:35 PM »
A magical letter sent to the mail, from a Bolton fan , blowing smoke up the arse of everything small Heath. So fake it was embarrassing to read , they lapped it up of course.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2019, 09:29:13 PM »
Thought I would write a few lines to you. Firstly, an explanation. I am a Bolton supporter and have been going to watch my team for at least 50 years now. We have seen all the so called big teams at Bolton during that time, and been lucky enough to beat a few of them as well. As I'm getting on a bit now I can say I've been to a good few away grounds and I have been to St Andrews on more than one occasion.

I have also been to Villa Park frequently as well. Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, you name it I have been there at some point. I feel the main difference between Birmingham and Villa is the people. By that I mean Birmingham supporters on the whole come from within the City and are working class and that shows in the type of atmosphere they create. Villa supporters tend to come from outside the region as well because of their history.

It's so easy to support teams with a successful past like Man U up my way and Villa down yours. So when it was written in the stars that Birmingham needed to beat us or draw and rely on Leicester to beat Doncaster. It was no surprise to me the kind of delirium Birmingham fans would bring to our stadium.

But I have to say the support we witnessed that day was far and above anything I had seen before. To be two nil down and still passionately singing for your team is something else entirely. The noise and the famous anthem they sang was simply superb and I must admit it made me shiver a little. Absolutely fantastic what a set of fans exist at Birmingham, they certainly do not deserve be in the position they were in last Saturday.

Normally I would not care a jot if we were playing a side and it meant if we beat them they got relegated, because you normally finish where you deserve to be. The table never lies. But Saturday when Birmingham got the first I found myself inexplicably hoping the equaliser would come and we all knew the roof would come off the stadium if it did. I have to say you did leave it a little late.

The noise generated when that goal went in was something else and it will stay with me for a very long time. Because it is very rare you see fans in the position Birmingham were in giving their side the kind of backing they provided on Saturday. It took us ages to get to the motorway and we had a great time with Blues fans on the way. It was as if they had won the league, and I dread to think what they would be like if ever that happened.

I remember watching the League Cup Final between Birmingham and Arsenal and they said Blues fans were among the noisiest ever to visit the new Wembley stadium. Well by the evidence of last Saturday you can see why. It leaves me only to wish you all the best for the future and say the Championship would be worse off without Birmingham and its exceptional supporters. They of all sets of fans deserve a winning team and investment in their famous club. That club really is a sleeping giant in the true sense of the word. I think we kid ourselves at Bolton that we could be a future Giant. But at Birmingham you really do possess one the league's true potential giants.

All the Best

A Bolton Season Ticket Holder for many years.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2019, 09:34:23 PM »
Thought I would write a few lines to you. Firstly, an explanation. I am a Bolton supporter and have been going to watch my team for at least 50 years now. We have seen all the so called big teams at Bolton during that time, and been lucky enough to beat a few of them as well. As I'm getting on a bit now I can say I've been to a good few away grounds and I have been to St Andrews on more than one occasion.

I have also been to Villa Park frequently as well. Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, you name it I have been there at some point. I feel the main difference between Birmingham and Villa is the people. By that I mean Birmingham supporters on the whole come from within the City and are working class and that shows in the type of atmosphere they create. Villa supporters tend to come from outside the region as well because of their history.

It's so easy to support teams with a successful past like Man U up my way and Villa down yours. So when it was written in the stars that Birmingham needed to beat us or draw and rely on Leicester to beat Doncaster. It was no surprise to me the kind of delirium Birmingham fans would bring to our stadium.

But I have to say the support we witnessed that day was far and above anything I had seen before. To be two nil down and still passionately singing for your team is something else entirely. The noise and the famous anthem they sang was simply superb and I must admit it made me shiver a little. Absolutely fantastic what a set of fans exist at Birmingham, they certainly do not deserve be in the position they were in last Saturday.

Normally I would not care a jot if we were playing a side and it meant if we beat them they got relegated, because you normally finish where you deserve to be. The table never lies. But Saturday when Birmingham got the first I found myself inexplicably hoping the equaliser would come and we all knew the roof would come off the stadium if it did. I have to say you did leave it a little late.

The noise generated when that goal went in was something else and it will stay with me for a very long time. Because it is very rare you see fans in the position Birmingham were in giving their side the kind of backing they provided on Saturday. It took us ages to get to the motorway and we had a great time with Blues fans on the way. It was as if they had won the league, and I dread to think what they would be like if ever that happened.

I remember watching the League Cup Final between Birmingham and Arsenal and they said Blues fans were among the noisiest ever to visit the new Wembley stadium. Well by the evidence of last Saturday you can see why. It leaves me only to wish you all the best for the future and say the Championship would be worse off without Birmingham and its exceptional supporters. They of all sets of fans deserve a winning team and investment in their famous club. That club really is a sleeping giant in the true sense of the word. I think we kid ourselves at Bolton that we could be a future Giant. But at Birmingham you really do possess one the league's true potential giants.

All the Best

Blimey. Don't do drugs kids.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2019, 09:35:36 PM »
Takeover confirmed, we're on!

is there such a thing as a new takeover bounce ?

Doug Ellis 2 Norwich 1

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2019, 09:35:51 PM »
Laughable isn’t it.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2019, 09:35:57 PM »
Delaying the inevitable, the buyer has been made bankrupt twice before. Don’t hold your breath Trotters fans.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2019, 10:13:34 PM »
That letter is the biggest pile of pish I have had the misfortune to waste a couple of minutes of my time reading.  Big club? Come from inside the City but we don't?  You daft northern ******. A sleeping giant?  You should write comedy for a living, perhaps your hearing aid was on a high setting when they visited.  Clearly, you missed the assault on Jack Grealish or the seat throwing at Villa fans a couple of seasons ago?  I sincerely hope we fucking smash Bolton and send them back to the third division.  Dean Smith should read that letter out before the game as a motivating factor.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2019, 10:31:44 PM »
Delaying the inevitable, the buyer has been made bankrupt twice before. Don’t hold your breath Trotters fans.

I heard him on sky earlier he hasn’t paid any of the debts off yet as he hasn’t done any due diligence.  This one has still got legs.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2019, 10:32:02 PM »
It’s written by a Bolton ST holder of many years. He’s only saying what he’s experiencing. 

Only joking. It’s a pathetic nose thinking he’s furthering their cause and at the same time attempting to belittle us. It’s such a shit attempt  it’s actually hilarious.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2019, 10:34:46 PM »
Is it just me?

The takeover is subject to approval by the English Football League (EFL) and Bassini has twice been declared bankrupt and was previously banned from football for three years for alleged financial misconduct.

But given that Shaun Harvey, the EFL chief executive, said earlier this month that there was “no reason” why Bassini would not pass their owner and directors’ test given that he has no active disqualifications, the buy-out seems likely to be ratified, despite widespread concern among supporters.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2019, 10:44:15 PM »
It’s written by a Bolton ST holder of many years. He’s only saying what he’s experiencing. 

Only joking. It’s a pathetic nose thinking he’s furthering their cause and at the same time attempting to belittle us. It’s such a shit attempt  it’s actually hilarious.

It's a full house on Small Heath Bullshit Bingo.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2019, 10:52:41 PM »
He missed out "having the name of the city". Poor show.

Online shirley_villan

« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2019, 12:35:29 AM »
That ‘letter’ never stops being hilarious. Let’s not forget their fucking club published it on their website!

Offline geolex

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2019, 05:27:31 AM »

All the Best

Blimey. Don't do drugs kids.

Strange how  seems to know where the fans apparently come from and  calls it the famous anthem..
They have now obviously reached the point where they know they cant debate with us and are reverting to pretending to be from other clubs ...sad so very sad

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2019, 06:44:42 AM »
It missed bearing the name of the city, taking 500,000 to Bruges and it must have killed the "Bolton" fan to miss out KRO SOTV at the end. Hilarious then and hilarious now!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal