collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Callum O'Hare and Mitch Clark  (Read 35602 times)

Online tomd2103

Re: Callum O'Hare and Mitch Clark
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2019, 11:45:11 PM »
I'll be amazed if we don't trigger an extension for Clark as well, by all accounts he's been excellent at Port Vale and is a genuine candidate for their player of the season. On top of that Clark is one of those rare players who looks at home in about 5-6 positions, even if we only see him as a squad player having that sort of versatility on the bench is a massive benefit.

Was on a course with a Port Vale fan the other week and asked him about Clark.  Said he looks a good player who can play on the right and left, and said he could easily see him playing Championship level.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2019, 01:06:22 AM »
Green contract expires June, according to this...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andre-green/profil/spieler/309841

Yep, I pointed that out last time this conversation came up, that's why I remember it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2019, 01:16:55 AM »
I'm not gonna check who made that faux pas, but I bet it was me.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2019, 06:40:12 AM »
Can you imagine if Bournemouth thought like this and recalled Mings or Man U with Tuanzebe. Leave them be for the season.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2019, 09:45:52 AM »
Can you imagine if Bournemouth thought like this and recalled Mings or Man U with Tuanzebe. Leave them be for the season.

Not sure many are suggesting they should be recalled now Dave, just that hopefully they will be a part of the squad going forward. 

Online paul_e

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2019, 10:24:39 AM »
There is a difference as well, we've paid a huge fee and wages in full for the loanees we have so contractually they can't be recalled, that's probably not the case with our youngsters (but as I said before I think it would be the wrong thing to do regardless).

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2019, 02:50:34 PM »

Not sure many are suggesting they should be recalled now Dave, just that hopefully they will be a part of the squad going forward. 

The very first post on this thread suggested bringing them back early.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2019, 02:52:48 PM »
So not many then  ;)

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2019, 06:02:21 PM »
I was talking today to someone involved at Carlisle. He said there were many scouts looking at Callum yesterday. He sees him as a top league one player but not good enough for Championship.

It sounds like Callum may be leaving this summer.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2019, 12:00:31 PM »
If we get promoted a lot of these lads (including the Russian, Jake Doyle etc.) will see their slim chances of involvement at Villa practically evaporate. Even Green, El Ghazi, Davis etc. would be doing well to be bit-part players at PL level.

Hopefully we can get a lot of the promising players loans to clubs higher-up the chain, ie top of League One and solid Championship clubs.

I'm a big fan of RHM but can see why in a struggling League Two side his goal return will not be too impressive but I don't think he should be written off on that basis. He should be learning at a team with the best platform possible for him to thrive, not just a a club who are happy to take him because the manager (Calderwood) used to work and coach RHM at Villa.

Online paul_e

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2019, 03:07:08 PM »
So, Mitch Clark has been released, he's posted a thank you on instagram.

I think that's a shame, he looks like he could be a good player but probably suffers a bit from being a bit of a utility player.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2019, 03:41:05 PM »
Massive shame. Seems odd. Do we really have a wealth of other youth players coming through?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2019, 03:41:53 PM »
I always liked the look of Clark. Have a feeling that could come back to haunt us. Still, good luck to him.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2019, 05:30:55 PM »
Harvey knibbs also sent farewell message today too

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2019, 06:01:54 PM »
Just seen this on Instagram, and was wondering if it's true;

theavfcfaithful
I would like to address my sincere condolences to the following players, Harry McKirdy, Jordan Cox, Kelsey Mooney, Harvey Knibbs, Mitch Clark, Jordan Lyden, Corey Blackett-Taylor, Alex Prosser
I've been waiting to post this for a while, but waited in respect to the players themselves, it finally got confirmed today that their journeys at Aston Villa have come to an end 💜

I wish you lads all the best, great crop of youngsters who are bound to come back and haunt us one day at VP, like we've seen in the past and I'm sure a few of these will be mistakes.. Good luck on your careers and onwards and upwards 🦁
#AVFC #UTV

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal