collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Chap
[Today at 09:29:17 AM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by darren woolley
[Today at 09:28:50 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Baldy
[Today at 09:26:37 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Clampy
[Today at 09:21:40 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Baldy
[Today at 09:19:49 AM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Max Villan
[Today at 09:17:32 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by nigel
[Today at 08:39:02 AM]

NSWE Investment by IFWaters
[Today at 08:36:11 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Callum O'Hare and Mitch Clark  (Read 35614 times)

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
Re: Callum O'Hare and Mitch Clark
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2020, 06:33:05 PM »
Tough situation. This time of the year, we’d normally know what division we're in.

If we’d gone down, I’d imagine we’d look at Callam as a potential replacement for Jack.

If we’d stayed up, maybe Jack stays and Callum doesn’t get any game time.

As we stand, we just don’t know, so offering a bumper contract would be silly if the latter (hopefully) happens.

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2020, 07:41:34 PM »
Would be sorry to lose him, looks very talented.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2020, 08:01:24 PM »
I think we'll come to regret it if we let him go.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2020, 08:05:32 PM »
He's 22, still nowhere near the first team and turning down new deals. If he goes it's hardly our fault.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2020, 09:19:05 PM »
He's 22, still nowhere near the first team and turning down new deals. If he goes it's hardly our fault.

Exactly.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2020, 10:32:48 PM »
He's joined yet another one we loaned out too late.

Good he's getting the experience now but he's already 22, should've been going out on season long loan at 19-20. The ideal time was when he start the FA cup defeat to Peterborough. Instead we kept him for some reason and he barely made the bench rest of the season.

Seems a pretty easy decision for him, he's a regular at Coventry and they're pretty likely to be in championship so got more chance of regular game there than here even if he comes back and we go down.

Oh and the thought of being in same division as Coventry again needs to be drummed into the players for another stay up at all costs mentality.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2020, 10:40:02 PM »
2 trips to the Sty ffs.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2020, 11:00:54 PM »
I wish him the best of luck....elsewhere.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2020, 11:01:22 PM »

Exactly.

Yep, Purslow said at the Trust Q&A earlier this year that "22-year-old footballers on a payroll at Aston Villa need to be in the first team" so it wouldn't surprise me if we've offered him a conditional contract, subject to which division we're in.  He's nowhere near good enough for the Prem at the moment.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2020, 11:12:40 PM »
Even if he isn't good enough for the Premier League, he's good enough to justify a fee. Letting players with a resale value get into the last year of their contract is poor business sense, regardless of whether he would ever have been good enough to become a first team regular. At the very least, I'd like us to have been able to sell him to someone with a sell-on fee, so we don't feel like total twats if he turns out to be the new Johan Cruyff.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2020, 11:22:35 PM »
Even if he isn't good enough for the Premier League, he's good enough to justify a fee. Letting players with a resale value get into the last year of their contract is poor business sense, regardless of whether he would ever have been good enough to become a first team regular. At the very least, I'd like us to have been able to sell him to someone with a sell-on fee, so we don't feel like total twats if he turns out to be the new Johan Cruyff.

You can't make a player sign a new deal, and we couldn't have had a sell-on fee agreed for a player who would be out of contract.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #146 on: June 04, 2020, 11:35:12 PM »
Let’s not forget that he was 19-21 when we were in the Championship yet never really threatened the first team - sure he’ll have a decent career but looks like he won’t be doing that at Villa.

I agree with Purslow at 22 you should be in the mix

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #147 on: June 04, 2020, 11:38:52 PM »
Will it go to a tribunial or have the rules changed on that?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2020, 11:45:00 PM »

You can't make a player sign a new deal, and we couldn't have had a sell-on fee agreed for a player who would be out of contract.

I'm not on about getting him to sign a deal now, I meant previously. Sign young, promising, players to long-term deals before they get to this stage. Or, if he didn't sign a contract last year, sell him. Better to get some fee than nothing.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2020, 11:45:48 PM »

I'm not on about getting him to sign a deal now, I meant previously. Sign young, promising, players to long-term deals before they get to this stage. Or, if he didn't sign a contract last year, sell him. Better to get some fee than nothing.

And then get pelters for selling one of our brightest prospects.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal