collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 266601 times)

Online kippaxvilla2

Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #630 on: November 04, 2021, 05:17:52 PM »
Dean confirmed he’s trained today and is available for selection tomorrow.  No really he said it.

Offline nigel

« Reply #631 on: November 27, 2021, 09:04:45 PM »
This lad is going to be one heck of a player.
When Gerrard waxes lyrical about him after one week, then Ian Wright, on motd, starts mentioning him he has to be going in the right direction

Offline john2710

« Reply #632 on: November 27, 2021, 09:21:06 PM »
Six months ago I couldn't see what he brought to the team. But what a development since then. Great work ethic, carries the ball forward & never wastes possession. I can't recall him making a misplaced pass.

He's only going to get better.

All he needs now is a song...

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #633 on: November 27, 2021, 09:23:47 PM »
Six months ago I couldn't see what he brought to the team. But what a development since then. Great work ethic, carries the ball forward & never wastes possession. I can't recall him making a misplaced pass.

Yep I was the same. I hoped there was more to come, but I didn’t see much other than him playing in quite a controlled way. I’m delighted to be wrong, he’s come on so much.

Offline nigel

« Reply #634 on: November 27, 2021, 09:28:08 PM »

Yep I was the same. I hoped there was more to come, but I didn’t see much other than him playing in quite a controlled way. I’m delighted to be wrong, he’s come on so much.

When he first broke through he looked like a kid,
He’s beefed up this season and certainly holds his own now

Offline Villan82

« Reply #635 on: November 27, 2021, 11:09:49 PM »
In the team on merit. And will learn from the manager.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #636 on: November 28, 2021, 10:18:49 AM »
probably been asked before and I’m probably gona look an idiot
Buy why is his nickname JJ

Also something else you probably all knew his father was a boxer and fought Ricky Hatton twice and lost both times on points so says my iPhone

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #637 on: November 28, 2021, 10:51:08 AM »

Also something else you probably all knew his father was a boxer and fought Ricky Hatton twice and lost both times on points so says my iPhone

He also drew with future word champion Junior Witter, who was always kept well away from Hatton. I don't think I'm ever going to say anything bad about the Ramseys.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #638 on: November 28, 2021, 01:04:42 PM »

He also drew with future word champion Junior Witter, who was always kept well away from Hatton. I don't think I'm ever going to say anything bad about the Ramseys.

Yes I’d imagine they’d be pretty handy

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #639 on: November 28, 2021, 01:10:26 PM »
I may be getting a bit ahead of myself but I'm beginning to see shades of Sid in Ramsay.  The way he sees and does the simple things quickly, drives at the opposition defence. tough and in the side as a regular at a very young age.  Big shoes to fill mind but I think he has it, hope so.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #640 on: November 28, 2021, 04:11:56 PM »
I'll hold my hands up; I was wrong about Jacob Ramsey - I didn't see much in him last season, but he's now developing into an all-round midfielder who can do a bit of everything.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #641 on: November 28, 2021, 04:25:20 PM »
I may be getting a bit ahead of myself but I'm beginning to see shades of Sid in Ramsay.  The way he sees and does the simple things quickly, drives at the opposition defence. tough and in the side as a regular at a very young age.  Big shoes to fill mind but I think he has it, hope so.
I think similarly Dave!
Just needs to develop a left foot that can peel an orange in his pocket! ;-)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #642 on: November 28, 2021, 06:40:54 PM »
Range of passing and scoring record are the 2 things he needs to improve in order to draw that sort of comparison; but I'm being super-critical because I rate JRamsey highly.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #643 on: November 29, 2021, 02:09:42 AM »
Looked a good player to me last season as an impact sub. He would often brighten things up by passing the ball more quickly than the player he had replaced.

Yes, he's filled out a bit and looks like a regular starter now. He just needs to add a McGinn-style goals factor.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #644 on: November 29, 2021, 09:46:12 AM »

When he first broke through he looked like a kid,
He’s beefed up this season and certainly holds his own now
The game passed him by quite a lot last season.  You could see he had quality and energy but he just wasn't quite ready.  This season, almost from his first game, he's been one of our best players.  Chuk should learn from this rather than listening to poison from his agent.  He's being developed fine and will get chances this season, but it won't all happen overnight.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal