collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:38:25 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

Brian Evans by maidstonevillain
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Jacob Ramsey by AV84
[Today at 12:12:05 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 12:04:41 AM]

Matty Cash - Polish international by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:03:00 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:02:34 AM]

Press-ing on triumphantly by dave.woodhall
[April 18, 2024, 11:47:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 276263 times)

Offline Fred Crump

Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2020, 09:12:56 AM »
I was very impressed, particularly first half. Although there’s obviously lots of development still to be done , if we can successfully integrate him into the team, that will be a major plus

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2020, 09:28:43 AM »
Looked good, even if Lansbury and Nakamba could probably have offered him more support in his first start.
Be interesting to see a midfield 3 of him Luiz and Mcginn if the opportunity allows.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2020, 09:29:04 AM »
I felt he had a steady debut, very aware.  I would sooner he start this way as opposed to bursting on to the scene with a MOTM performance which he may not be able to sustain but still be expected to.  So many players of all clubs have gone that way and then sank without trace.  Nice and steady every time and grow into it then hopefully we shall see a very, very good player.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2020, 09:31:32 AM »
I know that I don't pay that much attention at times, but until last night I didn't know that there are two Ramseys ....oops :)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2020, 09:35:12 AM »
Me neither. Most impressed with the one that played last night. Looks the real deal.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2020, 09:37:20 AM »
Very tidy, I thought. Sharp passing, found good positions to receive the ball. Used it well. Looks like he could develop into a very useful player.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2020, 09:49:13 AM »
I know that I don't pay that much attention at times, but until last night I didn't know that there are two Ramseys ....oops :)

3, Jacob breaking into the seniors, Aaron just moved up to the U23s and Cole is in the U13s I think and is also very highly regarded.

A lot of people seem to think Aaron will breakthrough pretty quickly as well so he could well be around the first team this time next year.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2020, 09:51:52 AM »
Very tidy, I thought. Sharp passing, found good positions to receive the ball. Used it well. Looks like he could develop into a very useful player.

I don't think last night was the sort of game to really show him at his best either. Burton were lined up to defend the edge of their box for most of the game which meant there wasn't much room for our players to find. For the U23s and on loan Ramsey has shown he likes to drift into the box late and find pockets of space. You could see he was trying last night but the gaps just weren't there.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2020, 09:57:33 AM »
I thought he did really well. Coming in as a young central defender or midfielder against seasoned pros is really difficult, I think wingers and strikers it is sometimes a bit easier because you can make runs and try things where there is less jeopardy and look better, but Ramsey was composed on the ball, stronger than I thought he would be and happy to take a few challenges and not hide from it, with the rest of the side far from match sharp too. Ideally could do with him playing regularly in the championship for someone to bring him on further. Got forward into some threatening positions too. Looks a player.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2020, 10:13:59 AM »
I liked what he did, what he tried and if we can continue to produce that sort of quality from the academy we're on to a winner.

Plus he's not even the  best in his own family!

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2020, 10:37:32 AM »
Harsh, he might be. Little brothers are annoying.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2020, 11:00:13 AM »
3, Jacob breaking into the seniors, Aaron just moved up to the U23s and Cole is in the U13s I think and is also very highly regarded.

A lot of people seem to think Aaron will breakthrough pretty quickly as well so he could well be around the first team this time next year.

Cheers, it would be great if all 3 added to the distinguished place the Ramsey name has in the Villa pantheon.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2020, 11:07:14 AM »

Worth mentioning that Aaron is captain of England U17's and more of a defensive midfielder.

Jacob looked comfortable on the ball and made some good runs, while also looking a little green. Happy for him to be involved with the first team or sent on loan to a championship team where he can be a regular.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2020, 12:12:54 PM »

Worth mentioning that Aaron is captain of England U17's and more of a defensive midfielder.

Jacob looked comfortable on the ball and made some good runs, while also looking a little green. Happy for him to be involved with the first team or sent on loan to a championship team where he can be a regular.

Aaron looks a great prospect, a bit of Luiz about him in that he plays a more defensive role but looks to be very creative and could probably cover all of the normal centre mid roles.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2020, 12:14:07 PM »
Of the three brothers, Jacob has the most potential.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal