collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: London Lions  (Read 4310 times)

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: London Lions
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 03:00:36 PM »
Sound idea. I’d swap that for the invite we’ve just had from the neighbours for drinks and nibbles tomorrow night. Sod being sociable.

...about 15 minutes into Woofles's visit......

Neighbour - "..No....we're not really into music"

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 03:24:30 PM »
Shandy drinkers of the world unite.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 03:37:44 PM »
no democracy or referendum for the London Lions.

The way of the future.

Can confirm the Six Yard Box is the place to be when Villa games are on (and it's not too Baltic).

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 04:17:05 PM »
Firstly, apologies to the mods if this is in the wrong bit.

Last week when I was exiting a grim boozer to go back to the office after a lunchtime livener a man on the street spotted that I was wearing a claret & blue scarf and said that he assumed that it was West Ham but he hoped that it was Villa. The man was not David Cameron.

We stopped for a quick chat and he said that I ought to join the London Lions. I've never been a great joiner of things, but having looked into it, I'm thinking of doing so.

I believe that some of the patrons here are members - is it any good? I think the thing that holds me back is that I'm not that blokey - I mean I'm not Truman Capote, but I'm very much not Jeremy Clarkson either. To give a sense of scale, I do join in with Hi-Ho Aston Villa, HEITS and the new Allez song. I don't with SOTC. I'm a bloke Lib Dem.

Additionally, I can be a bit of a berk on here so I'd be very happy to swerve anyone who I've upset over the years so do pipe up if you have a W postcode and have been biding your time (you'll never get me. Never.)

I have met a few people I’ve upset on here and there’s never been a problem in real life. I think you’d be very unlucky to meet someone on here who actually wants to fill you in.

That goes for the sex cult too, obvs.

U aint met me u little slug u die

Gulp.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 06:10:52 PM »
They seem to be on Twitter via @avfclondonlions. They are showing The Sheff Utd game at Bar Kick in Shoreditch.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 09:28:01 PM »
Paddy, why don't you join us at Brentford next week (fulfilling Olaftab's prophecy above)? Pub tbc but probably one we have used north of the A4 towards Northfields not too far from where you live. I think it's the Globe but not certain. We'll confirm once Kingthing has made an executive decision - no democracy or referendum for the London Lions.

Good idea. PMd.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2019, 10:33:20 PM »
back in the day the  originals would be  at VP and on the 9:48pm train back - meant having to miss the last 5 /10 mins  and catch the bus specials back to Corp Street

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2019, 12:34:05 AM »
back in the day the  originals would be  at VP and on the 9:48pm train back - meant having to miss the last 5 /10 mins  and catch the bus specials back to Corp Street

That journey reminds me of the 1986 semi v Oxford. Shit game, poor result - as you say had to leave before the end - and shit journey home. The only plus was in those days midweek kick off was at 7.30

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2019, 01:08:23 AM »
I don’t make It to pub watching but when I’ve mentioned H&V to London Lions in the past I’ve often not had much of a response.
I think your biggest confession here is that you didn’t join us to take part in the holy sacrament that was the Peter Withe book launch last year?
If you were at the Simon Inglis / Richard Whithead literary lions event in ?2003 you may be exempt from your Hail Marys.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2019, 04:49:31 AM »
I suppose a completely different type of fan nowadays- much easier in my youth to get the match you could decide on the day and the cost not restrictive like now.  How I miss my 70’s/early 80’s with the originals

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2019, 08:42:18 AM »
Has the Six Yard Box moved from Elephant to Peckham?  Chatting to Olof's Beard yesterday and he suggested so.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2019, 09:06:50 AM »
Has the Six Yard Box moved from Elephant to Peckham?  Chatting to Olof's Beard yesterday and he suggested so.

Moving in a couple of weeks I think, to newly gentrified Peckham. I’ve only been there once, to see the Saturday evening game at Boro. There were dozens of Villa in there, none of whom I knew. They were all a bit younger than me and Pat. And there was a single Boro fan there...

And there were a few people on here who were at the Simon Inglis and Richard Whitehead evening.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2019, 09:33:37 AM »
Kingthing and the rest of West London Lions are the best bunch of lad's to form a supporters club we have a great laugh and time at matches you will enjoy it brilliant supporters club.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2019, 09:34:24 AM »
I thought I was a member of the London Lions until me and Pat McMahon went to watch the Boro game at the 6 yard box at Elephant and Castle and discovered that the tables were “reserved for the London Lions” and a load of Villa fans we’d never met before arrived. Kingthing runs the “proper” West London Lions club though. We’ve even got a smart flag. Darren Woolley will probably Black Ball you though if you apply....

Love it Chico lol

Offline mamuu

• GM : 27.02.2022
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2019, 09:39:07 AM »
I remember the London Lions of the 90s with great fondness (well, apart from the minibus back from Prenton Park in 94). When i was travelling with them it was Tim running it i think. Days Donna and co and Alan Robinson sorting out the tickets.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal