collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: London Lions  (Read 4312 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
London Lions
« on: February 05, 2019, 10:10:27 PM »
Firstly, apologies to the mods if this is in the wrong bit.

Last week when I was exiting a grim boozer to go back to the office after a lunchtime livener a man on the street spotted that I was wearing a claret & blue scarf and said that he assumed that it was West Ham but he hoped that it was Villa. The man was not David Cameron.

We stopped for a quick chat and he said that I ought to join the London Lions. I've never been a great joiner of things, but having looked into it, I'm thinking of doing so.

I believe that some of the patrons here are members - is it any good? I think the thing that holds me back is that I'm not that blokey - I mean I'm not Truman Capote, but I'm very much not Jeremy Clarkson either. To give a sense of scale, I do join in with Hi-Ho Aston Villa, HEITS and the new Allez song. I don't with SOTC. I'm a bloke Lib Dem.

Additionally, I can be a bit of a berk on here so I'd be very happy to swerve anyone who I've upset over the years so do pipe up if you have a W postcode and have been biding your time (you'll never get me. Never.)

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
Re: London Lions
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 10:16:39 PM »
I think Kingthing is your man. And gardener.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 10:26:57 PM »

Thanks Woofles.

The thing is though, if I'm going to join something just because somebody stops me on the street and suggests it, shouldn't I hold out for a sex cult?

Unless...

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 10:31:02 PM »

Thanks Woofles.

The thing is though, if I'm going to join something just because somebody stops me on the street and suggests it, shouldn't I hold out for a sex cult?

Unless...

Sound idea. I’d swap that for the invite we’ve just had from the neighbours for drinks and nibbles tomorrow night. Sod being sociable.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 10:33:24 PM »
Was that man Pat McMahon? Don't trust him as he will lead you astray to a very decent pub nearby.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 10:39:10 PM »
Was that man Pat McMahon? Don't trust him as he will lead you astray to a very decent pub nearby.

To admit that we were both Villa was sordid enough. To mention H&V on the first encounter would be like practising the Mason's handshake on a naked amputee. 

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 10:43:40 PM »
How can you hope to get in a half decent sex cult if you don't  know that Masonic identification rituals are primarily verbal?  Or in the case of Phil The Greek, secret car collisions.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 10:48:28 PM »
How can you hope to get in a half decent sex cult if you don't  know that Masonic identification rituals are primarily verbal?  Or in the case of Phil The Greek, secret car collisions.

And this from the man who wouldn't even let me APPLY to join his own sex cult.

Offline brian green

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 10:52:11 PM »
It's  very exclusive.  No Lib Dems.  (It goes back to Jeremy Thorpe).

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 10:54:31 PM »
It's  very exclusive.  No Lib Dems.  (It goes back to Jeremy Thorpe).

Ha!

Offline brian green

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 11:08:48 PM »
I will see if I can get you in on  Spectator Only ticket.  Not promising anything.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 11:38:13 PM »

Last week when I was exiting a grim boozer to go back to the office after a lunchtime livener a man on the street spotted that I was wearing a claret & blue scarf and said that he assumed that it was West Ham but he hoped that it was Villa. The man was not David Cameron.

We stopped for a quick chat and he said that I ought to join the London Lions. I've never been a great joiner of things, but having looked into it, I'm thinking of doing so.

I believe that some of the patrons here are members - is it any good? I think the thing that holds me back is that I'm not that blokey - I mean I'm not Truman Capote, but I'm very much not Jeremy Clarkson either. To give a sense of scale, I do join in with Hi-Ho Aston Villa, HEITS and the new Allez song. I don't with SOTC. I'm a bloke Lib Dem.

Additionally, I can be a bit of a berk on here so I'd be very happy to swerve anyone who I've upset over the years so do pipe up if you have a W postcode and have been biding your time (you'll never get me. Never.)

I have met a few people I’ve upset on here and there’s never been a problem in real life. I think you’d be very unlucky to meet someone on here who actually wants to fill you in.

That goes for the sex cult too, obvs.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 11:52:34 PM »

I have met a few people I’ve upset on here and there’s never been a problem in real life. I think you’d be very unlucky to meet someone on here who actually wants to fill you in.

That goes for the sex cult too, obvs.

U aint met me u little slug u die

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2019, 07:31:41 AM »
I thought I was a member of the London Lions until me and Pat McMahon went to watch the Boro game at the 6 yard box at Elephant and Castle and discovered that the tables were “reserved for the London Lions” and a load of Villa fans we’d never met before arrived. Kingthing runs the “proper” West London Lions club though. We’ve even got a smart flag. Darren Woolley will probably Black Ball you though if you apply....

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2019, 02:51:57 PM »
Paddy, why don't you join us at Brentford next week (fulfilling Olaftab's prophecy above)? Pub tbc but probably one we have used north of the A4 towards Northfields not too far from where you live. I think it's the Globe but not certain. We'll confirm once Kingthing has made an executive decision - no democracy or referendum for the London Lions.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal