collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876292 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #5520 on: September 27, 2022, 09:28:13 AM »
It's the World Cup, and Mings does a good job for England, regardless.

That performance last night suggests otherwise. It was comedic, he looked like fucking Boris Johnson bumbling around in a charity match.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5521 on: September 27, 2022, 09:30:02 AM »

That performance last night suggests otherwise. It was comedic, he looked like fucking Boris Johnson bumbling around in a charity match.

Go and have a cup of coffee mate, then try that again!

Offline LeeB

« Reply #5522 on: September 27, 2022, 09:36:45 AM »

Go and have a cup of coffee mate, then try that again!

Jaysus, what a fucking div.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5523 on: September 27, 2022, 09:56:18 AM »
Mings has always been very good for England and is in great form for us.  I think Southgate must spooked by the captaincy and dropping from the team and of course the anti-Mings agenda from opposition fans and some of the press.

It's a shame as I have no doubt he'd do a better job than Maguire right now.  Tomori may do better than both, but he hasn't had the opportunity to show it at international level yet - which is almost negligence on Southgate's part.

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #5524 on: September 27, 2022, 07:07:41 PM »
Listening too talksport this morning and someone mentioned about Ming's being terrible, wasn't sure if I heard it correctly, but since found out it's the one and only Danny mills, what complete and utter knob

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #5525 on: September 27, 2022, 07:25:32 PM »
Mills is a moron.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #5526 on: September 28, 2022, 05:48:04 AM »
Baffled at how Danny Mills of all people can call a fellow professional terrible on live radio.

He should have dealt with when he told Mings to "man up" last year.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5527 on: September 28, 2022, 08:47:19 AM »
Baffled at how Danny Mills of all people can call a fellow professional terrible on live radio.

He's a pathetic presenter.  With that said quite a lot of our fans seem to agree with him.  I just don't get the hate, we've always been a better team with him in it and for me his plus points far outweigh the lapses he sometimes has.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5528 on: September 28, 2022, 09:24:20 AM »
 Mills is sh*t as is souness,  but thankfully most right mnded Villa fans are firmly behind Tyrone.
There appears to be an increasing concern surrounding the way Mings is being treated by some in the media, by england (the fa of which southgate is merely a yes man and mouthpiece) and from his own manager/backroom team within Villa.
Imo our manager's issues didn't just start in the pre-season with stripping Mings of the captaincy and dropping him. They started with about 10 games to go last season when he stated he would be reviewing the captaincy with this season in mind. Without being aware of the timeline I believe the england snub has since followed without any real explanation that I'm aware of. Has our manager since come out in the media to advocate Mings being recognised internationally again? Has he done that for any of our dropped internationals?
Mings' form has been good overall in 2022 and would see him walk into most other international sides other than england. I wonder why that would be? 

Offline LeeB

« Reply #5529 on: September 28, 2022, 09:27:15 AM »
Mills is sh*t as is souness,  but thankfully most right mnded Villa fans are firmly behind Tyrone.
There appears to be an increasing concern surrounding the way Mings is being treated by some in the media, by england (the fa of which southgate is merely a yes man and mouthpiece) and from his own manager/backroom team within Villa.
Imo our manager's issues didn't just start in the pre-season with stripping Mings of the captaincy and dropping him. They started with about 10 games to go last season when he stated he would be reviewing the captaincy with this season in mind. Without being aware of the timeline I believe the england snub has since followed without any real explanation that I'm aware of. Has our manager since come out in the media to advocate Mings being recognised internationally again? Has he done that for any of our dropped internationals?
Mings' form has been good overall in 2022 and would see him walk into most other international sides other than england. I wonder why that would be? 

It is odd, I think he's possibly played his best football for us this calendar year

Offline frank black

« Reply #5530 on: September 28, 2022, 09:29:37 AM »
Still a great player for us and we would certainly struggle to get better than him, given our mid table (hopefully) season. He needed some competition for his spot and has reacted brilliantly to losing the captaincy.

It’s trendy to hate him.

Offline Risso

« Reply #5531 on: September 28, 2022, 09:43:22 AM »

I hope that last sentence isn't a thinly veiled accusation of racism, because if it is, it's bollocks. I can't stand Southgate as much as the next man, but he's picked Walker, Sterling, Trippier, Bellingham, James, Saka, Guehi, Toney etc. If it's not a hint at racism, I fail to see the point you're making.

And when do club managers ever try to tell international managers who to pick?

Offline Dick Edwards

« Reply #5532 on: September 28, 2022, 09:47:55 AM »
I don't understand the hate for Tyrone by other clubs fans nor by the media. He's a good Premier League defender. If he's cut out the brain farts from his game I'd suggest he's worthy of being in the international picture. Who's clearly better than him in his position? Maguire certainly isn't on current form and I'd certainly prefer Tyrone to John Stones any day of the week.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5533 on: September 28, 2022, 10:14:18 AM »
He's hated by racists. They can tolerate Black players because they have to, but Black players who actually speak about racism are a bridge too far. See also Colin Kaepernick.

Offline Risso

« Reply #5534 on: September 28, 2022, 10:19:15 AM »
He's hated by racists. They can tolerate Black players because they have to, but Black players who actually speak about racism are a bridge too far. See also Colin Kaepernick.

You're probably right, but that doesn't mean that Gareth Southgate is a racist for not picking him. He's just a shit football manager who doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal