collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 875851 times)

Offline Joe S

• GM : 09.05.2024
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #4875 on: May 28, 2022, 07:18:29 AM »
Neigh, the two-faced arsehole will do.

This didn't get the ripple of applause it deserved Dave. It made me chuckle, great response hehe.

Offline john2710

« Reply #4876 on: May 28, 2022, 07:56:00 AM »
Tyrone Mings is the perfect role model every parent should want their children to grow up to be, Gareth Southgate far from it, the two-faced arsehole.

I remember we used to have a Q&A article in the programme, where a player was asked about his favourite things. Southgate's favourite animal was, unsurprisingly a horse & his favourite drink was water.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #4877 on: May 28, 2022, 08:00:19 AM »
Tyrone Mings is the perfect role model every parent should want their children to grow up to be, Gareth Southgate far from it, the two-faced arsehole.

I remember we used to have a Q&A article in the programme, where a player was asked about his favourite things. Southgate's favourite animal was, unsurprisingly a horse & his favourite drink was water.

I’m sure there’s a leading a horse and water joke in there.

The Squaddies vhs is the best source for favourite drinks of Villa players in the mid 90’s. Sure it will be YouTube.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #4878 on: May 28, 2022, 08:07:07 AM »

The Squaddies vhs is the best source for favourite drinks of Villa players in the mid 90’s. Sure it will be YouTube.
It is

Offline LeonW

« Reply #4879 on: May 28, 2022, 08:10:50 AM »

It is

YouTube has it’s uses for sure. It’s ridiculous and likely wouldn’t get made now.

Offline Joe S

• GM : 09.05.2024
« Reply #4880 on: May 28, 2022, 08:27:46 AM »
I remember that video, loved it at the time.
The full thing exists on You Tube too:

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4881 on: May 28, 2022, 09:35:26 AM »
I remember that video, loved it at the time.
The full thing exists on You Tube too:

They were clearly sensitive to what was going on back home for Savo

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4882 on: May 28, 2022, 11:21:42 AM »
The thing with Mings is that he's a good player with every attribute you'd want for him to be one of the very best defenders in the country, but his mistakes let him down. The one thing he and Konsa have never had is real top notch competition for their places. Well now they have, so it's up to them to improve and maintain standards accordingly. Which is exactly how it should be.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #4883 on: May 28, 2022, 11:41:32 AM »
Hahaha, the differences in answers. Forgot how popular ribena was!

Good man, Spinksy, most relatable response.

On a serious note, sad to think of the alcohol addiction that two of those players suffered, God and Gary Charles.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #4885 on: June 13, 2022, 02:40:59 PM »
The thing with Mings is that he's a good player with every attribute you'd want for him to be one of the very best defenders in the country, but his mistakes let him down. The one thing he and Konsa have never had is real top notch competition for their places. Well now they have, so it's up to them to improve and maintain standards accordingly. Which is exactly how it should be.

Missed this at the time but the other important thing to remember is that when he joined us he'd played about 15-20 games as a central defender so he came into a premier league campaign, as the leader of our defence, with less than a full season of experience.

Personally I think last season, for him personally, was a good year and particularly a good 2nd half to the season. Unfortunately it coincided with a collapse in Konsa's form so as a team we didn't really benefit. He's now hit 150 appearances as a centre-half and the extra experience is starting to show in my opinion. I don't really understand why so many Villa fans want him gone now.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #4886 on: June 13, 2022, 04:36:02 PM »

Missed this at the time but the other important thing to remember is that when he joined us he'd played about 15-20 games as a central defender so he came into a premier league campaign, as the leader of our defence, with less than a full season of experience.

Personally I think last season, for him personally, was a good year and particularly a good 2nd half to the season. Unfortunately it coincided with a collapse in Konsa's form so as a team we didn't really benefit. He's now hit 150 appearances as a centre-half and the extra experience is starting to show in my opinion. I don't really understand why so many Villa fans want him gone now.
I honestly think a lot of these views are from fans who don't watch the games or are more influenced by their mates / comments on Twitter than the reality.

I agree he was really good in the second half of the season.  In my view the critisism he gets is way out of proportion to the errors he makes and a lot of people seem to forget just what an important player he has been for us.

I remain a big fan of Mings and look forward to seeing what he can do with a decent DM in front of him and a quality partner next to him, both of who can take off some of the pressure of distribution off him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4887 on: June 13, 2022, 04:59:56 PM »
Well both Mings and Konsa now know with the signing of Carlos that their places aren't pretty well guaranteed, like they have been for the last two years.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #4888 on: June 13, 2022, 05:17:42 PM »
Well both Mings and Konsa now know with the signing of Carlos that their places aren't pretty well guaranteed, like they have been for the last two years.
Which is great.  I still have faith in Konsa to come good, but doubt he'll play much before Christmas.  Chambers is a pretty decent back up too.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #4889 on: June 13, 2022, 06:24:54 PM »

I honestly think a lot of these views are from fans who don't watch the games or are more influenced by their mates / comments on Twitter than the reality.

I agree he was really good in the second half of the season.  In my view the critisism he gets is way out of proportion to the errors he makes and a lot of people seem to forget just what an important player he has been for us.

I remain a big fan of Mings and look forward to seeing what he can do with a decent DM in front of him and a quality partner next to him, both of who can take off some of the pressure of distribution off him.

Agree with all that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal