collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 875820 times)

Offline Cropley10

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #4500 on: January 16, 2022, 04:08:30 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me if Gerrard looks for an upgrade in the summer.

I think it's obvious that SG has seen enough in certain areas, a tough,quality true central DM has been obvious for over a season now ( but they are
Digne is a major upgrade at LB and much as I like Matty, he needs major work on his crossing consistency,particularly with the wingback's importance in our system now( one great cross today but awful the rest)

Tyrone should have maybe flattened Fred for their 2nd, but hey ho ----he is our leader on the pitch though and you live or die by spur of the moment decisions like that ---brilliant run for the goal though!

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #4501 on: January 16, 2022, 05:05:50 PM »
I’m genuinely intrigued as to who this mythical Mings upgrade is? Come on let’s have some realistic names.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #4502 on: January 16, 2022, 05:10:35 PM »

I think it's obvious that SG has seen enough in certain areas, a tough,quality true central DM has been obvious for over a season now ( but they are
Digne is a major upgrade at LB and much as I like Matty, he needs major work on his crossing consistency,particularly with the wingback's importance in our system now( one great cross today but awful the rest)

Tyrone should have maybe flattened Fred for their 2nd, but hey ho ----he is our leader on the pitch though and you live or die by spur of the moment decisions like that ---brilliant run for the goal though!

I've seen this a few places and I don't get it at all, if Mings throws himself at that he has a tiny chance of winning the ball but realistically is giving them a dangerous free kick and risking a booking/sending off. He doesn't deserve any blame for his part in the 2nd, it was simply an unhit pass from Sanson who was falling over as he played the ball.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #4503 on: January 16, 2022, 05:18:32 PM »
Not his biggest fan, but has been playing very well recently and was excellent yesterday.

Offline nigel

« Reply #4504 on: January 16, 2022, 05:28:34 PM »

I've seen this a few places and I don't get it at all, if Mings throws himself at that he has a tiny chance of winning the ball but realistically is giving them a dangerous free kick and risking a booking/sending off. He doesn't deserve any blame for his part in the 2nd, it was simply an unhit pass from Sanson who was falling over as he played the ball.

You could have bet your mortgage on him receiving a red card.
And then he’d have been moaned at for not standing off.
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #4505 on: January 16, 2022, 05:45:26 PM »
I really don’t know how anyone can blame Mings for that second goal. He was tremendous yesterday.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4506 on: January 16, 2022, 06:20:10 PM »
I really don’t know how anyone can blame Mings for that second goal. He was tremendous yesterday.

Agreed. And if you are going to do that you better tell us how fucking ace he was with that run for the first goal.

Offline colin69

« Reply #4507 on: January 16, 2022, 06:23:48 PM »
He makes the odd error but still love him.
The bloke behind me was moaning constantly about him throughout the game…I just don’t get it.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #4508 on: January 16, 2022, 06:34:46 PM »
He just needs to move the ball forward quicker than he does most of the time. However, this may occur because those in front of him are not moving or getting into positions for him to be able to pass to them. If the ball is passed forward quicker it gives the opposition less time to get their defensive system sorted out.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #4509 on: January 16, 2022, 06:57:45 PM »
He just needs to move the ball forward quicker than he does most of the time. However, this may occur because those in front of him are not moving or getting into positions for him to be able to pass to them. If the ball is passed forward quicker it gives the opposition less time to get their defensive system sorted out.
👍

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #4510 on: January 16, 2022, 07:00:19 PM »
Wasn't either McNaugth or Evans pretty shit before they clicked, stand corrected if wrong,?

Online trinityoap

« Reply #4511 on: January 16, 2022, 07:18:30 PM »
McNaught took a bit of time to settle but did not do too badly in the end.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #4512 on: January 16, 2022, 07:21:03 PM »
McNaught never impressed me,I mean what did we ever win with him, should have sold him asap

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #4513 on: January 16, 2022, 08:53:13 PM »

It's Mings so some have to try to find a way to blame him. If he'd dived in and it hadn't worked, everyone would be saying he shouldn't have been reckless.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 10:22:24 PM by Olof's Beard »

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #4514 on: January 16, 2022, 09:02:47 PM »
Never in a million years at fault for the second goal.  He stepped out to engage Fred, not his man, by the way, and stopped Fred from advancing towards goal.  He didn't dive in.  Fernandez waltzed past Luiz, who wasn't concentrating and smashed the ball home.  Some people need to watch the game as a whole and not individual passages.  Yes, Mings could have flattened Fred but then we give a stupid free kick away on the edge of the box and Mings gets booked or sent off, when we don't have another centre back available. Sanson set it all up with a poor pass and the water bottles got a hammering because he was really pissed with himself.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal