collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Kits 23/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:09:09 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by sid1964
[Today at 10:07:04 AM]

International Rugby by paul_e
[Today at 10:06:23 AM]

Nicolò Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by john e
[Today at 10:00:02 AM]

FFP by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 09:39:25 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by aj2k77
[Today at 09:29:53 AM]

Games Moved for TV by olaftab
[Today at 09:19:58 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Kits 23/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:09:09 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Risso
[Today at 10:08:20 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by sid1964
[Today at 10:07:04 AM]

Re: International Rugby by paul_e
[Today at 10:06:23 AM]

Re: Nicolò Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by john e
[Today at 10:00:02 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 09:52:01 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by chrisw1
[Today at 09:44:42 AM]

Re: FFP by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 09:39:25 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 871655 times)

Offline Nii Lamptey

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #2850 on: July 09, 2020, 11:16:09 PM »
Mings needed a Gary Cahill shepherding him through this season. As it stands, his value is through the floor now.

How the hell he got an England callup is beyond me now, when the likes of Conor Coady up the road at the Dogheads has never had a sniff?!

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2851 on: July 10, 2020, 05:22:15 AM »
Time to change the thread title, awesome ? Is he bollocks

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #2852 on: July 10, 2020, 05:29:40 AM »
Mings needed a Gary Cahill shepherding him through this season. As it stands, his value is through the floor now.

How the hell he got an England callup is beyond me now, when the likes of Conor Coady up the road at the Dogheads has never had a sniff?!

Agree on the Cahill point entirely but that Coady's looked a right carthorse at times this season against pace so I dont reckon he's the answer in any way shape or form at that level either.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2853 on: July 10, 2020, 08:11:39 AM »
If anyone comes up with our money back then I’d drive him to his new team personally. At this level he’s a walking liability. Always trying to over play, gets caught out and his positional sense leaves a lot to be desired.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2854 on: July 10, 2020, 08:13:06 AM »

Is Coady Irish?

Offline Luke8

« Reply #2855 on: July 10, 2020, 10:52:55 AM »
I get it’s on the back of a poor performance and demoralising defeat but, my word, he really isn’t that bad.

He’s comfortably a Premier League defender in my opinion and certainly not someone we want to be without next season through choice, whichever division we are in.

Of course he has made mistakes, and put in some poor performances, but he is also playing in an average team who for a lot of the season were far too open and putting so much pressure on our defence. He has also had very limited consistency - in terms of partnering all three other defenders at different points of the season and two different formations.

Throw on top of that he is trying to lead an very inexperienced defence and that’s with the fact that actually, in terms of number of games played, I believe he was our least experience defender at the start of the season.

Has he been great this season? Not at all, but we would be worse off without him and I’m certain that he would look more than comfortable at this level in a better team.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2856 on: July 10, 2020, 11:00:30 AM »

Is Coady Irish?

No, English.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #2857 on: July 10, 2020, 11:12:20 AM »
I get it’s on the back of a poor performance and demoralising defeat but, my word, he really isn’t that bad.

He’s comfortably a Premier League defender in my opinion and certainly not someone we want to be without next season through choice, whichever division we are in.

Of course he has made mistakes, and put in some poor performances, but he is also playing in an average team who for a lot of the season were far too open and putting so much pressure on our defence. He has also had very limited consistency - in terms of partnering all three other defenders at different points of the season and two different formations.

Throw on top of that he is trying to lead an very inexperienced defence and that’s with the fact that actually, in terms of number of games played, I believe he was our least experience defender at the start of the season.

Has he been great this season? Not at all, but we would be worse off without him and I’m certain that he would look more than comfortable at this level in a better team.
He's been poor in spells and has a blunder in him almost every game. It's probably not helped by the fact almost every team we play has significantly more possession and therefore goal attempts against us which increases the likelihood of a fuck up.

He started well and has gradually declined.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #2858 on: July 10, 2020, 11:33:27 AM »
He has cost us points this season. The fall off from his England cal-up noticable.In fact it was at Molineux where I mentioned it to my son. Didn't tackle or move like he had been.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #2859 on: July 10, 2020, 11:35:35 AM »
Mings is far from bad, the trouble is he’s nowhere near as good as he (or his agent more to the point) seems to think he is. The England call up has given him a misplaced sense of importance, which we should look to manipulate when negotiating his transfer fee. In short, he’s the Martin Keown of the modern age.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2860 on: July 10, 2020, 11:38:12 AM »
Mings is far from bad, the trouble is he’s nowhere near as good as he (or his agent more to the point) seems to think he is. The England call up has given him a misplaced sense of importance, which we should look to manipulate when negotiating his transfer fee. In short, he’s the Martin Keown of the modern age.

Keown was a brilliant defender.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2861 on: July 10, 2020, 11:42:38 AM »
Mings has got all the attributes to be one of the best English defenders for a generation.  Height, strength, speed and skill.  Unfortunately, he can't concentrate for an entire game, thinks he's better than he is, and doesn't appear to have that put your body on the line bravery that really top defenders seem to have.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #2862 on: July 10, 2020, 11:44:44 AM »
I’m not denying that, however he (Keown) had the benefit of playing alongside brilliant players at Arsenal and Everton - my analogy is based more on the fact that he (like Mings) saw himself as too good for the Villa at the time, which is probably true now given our situation and performances this season.  I fully expect Mings’ career to flourish when he has better players alongside him, because that sure makes a hell of a difference.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 11:46:53 AM by Des Little »

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2863 on: July 10, 2020, 11:53:08 AM »
I’m not denying that, however he (Keown) had the benefit of playing alongside brilliant players at Arsenal and Everton - my analogy is based more on the fact that he (like Mings) saw himself as too good for the Villa at the time, which is probably true now given our situation and performances this season.  I fully expect Mings’ career to flourish when he has better players alongside him, because that sure makes a hell of a difference.

Yep, fair enough. Although Keown was a dog of war in a way that Mings will never be. At least Mings is a handsome devil.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #2864 on: July 10, 2020, 11:54:10 AM »
Mings has got all the attributes to be one of the best English defenders for a generation.  Height, strength, speed and skill.  Unfortunately, he can't concentrate for an entire game, thinks he's better than he is, and doesn't appear to have that put your body on the line bravery that really top defenders seem to have.

I agree, concentration is the key with him. When he’s right he looks top class both on and off the ball but when he’s not he costs us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal