collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 10:44:59 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by eamonn
[Today at 10:38:10 PM]

Re: FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876307 times)

Offline VillaBoy_23

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #2745 on: June 05, 2020, 10:45:47 PM »
If you believe the murder wasn’t racially motivated, that America is egalitarian or that we don’t have our own issues with institutional racism then you’re at best ignorant and deluded and at worst a part of the problem. I’m immensely proud of Tyrone (who has proven time and again to be a stand up role model) and think that any sanction from the club would be nothing short of reprehensible.

Who said anything about a sanction?  You just made that up.

The rest is opinion.

In terms of a sanction I was speaking hypothetically.

When presented with enough evidence it becomes more than an opinion.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2746 on: June 05, 2020, 10:51:37 PM »
What criminal activity was he involved in as the forged bill has been proven to be absolute bollocks.

This was not just about a fake $20 bill in its entirety as you're led to believe by what you've told in the media. No one will know fully until the police realise their version of the story, but it's widely reported that Floyd was:

"According to the toxicology report, Floyd had fentanyl and methamphetamine in his system when he died, as well as cannabis compounds and morphine" as well as a video showing him drop a 'packet of white substance' just prior to being searched. The police were there for a reason.

Again, I do not condone the fact he was killed whatsoever. But to claim it was racist, at this stage, is false.

Unless I'm mistaken, the punishment for the ingestion of proscribed pharmaceuticals is *checks notes* fuck all, as opposed to summary execution. Still though, you carry on twitching your curtain. It must be terrible being you.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:53:35 PM by Sexual Ealing »

Offline Rory

« Reply #2747 on: June 05, 2020, 10:55:07 PM »
What criminal activity was he involved in as the forged bill has been proven to be absolute bollocks.

This was not just about a fake $20 bill in its entirety as you're led to believe by what you've told in the media. No one will know fully until the police realise their version of the story, but it's widely reported that Floyd was:

"According to the toxicology report, Floyd had fentanyl and methamphetamine in his system when he died, as well as cannabis compounds and morphine" as well as a video showing him drop a 'packet of white substance' just prior to being searched. The police were there for a reason.

Again, I do not condone the fact he was killed whatsoever. But to claim it was racist, at this stage, is false.

Unless I'm mistaken, the punishment for the ingestion of proscribed pharmaceuticals is *checks notes* fuck all, as opposed to summary execution. Still though, you carry on twitching your curtain. It must be terrible being you.

Why did you change the last three words? I thought it was a beautiful turn of phrase.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2748 on: June 05, 2020, 10:56:30 PM »

Why did you change the last three words? I thought it was a beautiful turn of phrase.

I didn't want a ban!

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #2749 on: June 05, 2020, 11:03:01 PM »
I wrote to Tyrone after the way he conducted himself when playing for England - standing proud in the face of adversity - I was proud of him and let him know it
I was equally proud to receive a hand written note from him to me and junior, thanking us for supporting him . Top man in my books - as an aside, junior received a signed shirt and letter from Anthony Joshua, when Anthony heard he had been severely beaten by two blokes after a televised boxing bout - jnr was badly kicked in the head and had his one hand completely smashed whilst trying to protect his face - what did the police do? Told him to " fuck off back to Formby " He spent days in hospital having his hand " reconstructed"

Shit, I'm sorry to hear about your son mate. I hope he's feeling better, and you're keeping well, pal.

Offline Rory

« Reply #2750 on: June 05, 2020, 11:03:29 PM »
I thought any offence given was outweighed by the beauty of the language  ;D

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2751 on: June 05, 2020, 11:04:24 PM »

"According to the toxicology report, Floyd had fentanyl and methamphetamine in his system when he died, as well as cannabis compounds and morphine" as well as a video showing him drop a 'packet of white substance' just prior to being searched.
The police were there for a reason.

Where? I've seen that widely repeated, but not officially reported.

The video I've no idea. The toxixology you can see here apparently. Some more conservative site are stating that the official report was the drugs and his age caused the death and not the knee to the neck although this isn't the case. Both state homicide with drugs being minimal not to have an effect on death.

Offline Rory

« Reply #2752 on: June 05, 2020, 11:04:34 PM »
I wrote to Tyrone after the way he conducted himself when playing for England - standing proud in the face of adversity - I was proud of him and let him know it
I was equally proud to receive a hand written note from him to me and junior, thanking us for supporting him . Top man in my books - as an aside, junior received a signed shirt and letter from Anthony Joshua, when Anthony heard he had been severely beaten by two blokes after a televised boxing bout - jnr was badly kicked in the head and had his one hand completely smashed whilst trying to protect his face - what did the police do? Told him to " fuck off back to Formby " He spent days in hospital having his hand " reconstructed"

Shit, I'm sorry to hear about your son mate. I hope he's feeling better, and you're keeping well, pal.

Seconded.

Offline kieron

« Reply #2753 on: June 05, 2020, 11:04:57 PM »

Why is it false? There is absolutely nothing in your post to that point which suggests it wasn't racist. Or am I missing something?

I'll turn that back to you, pws. What suggests that this was racist?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2754 on: June 05, 2020, 11:05:58 PM »
I didn't ask the question.

Offline kieron

« Reply #2755 on: June 05, 2020, 11:09:59 PM »
keiron - you're not getting it.

If this was the first time a black person was killed by a cop in America you might have a point. But black people are disproportionally murdered by the police in America. It's an undisputable fact.

Whether this particular death was racially motivated or not is missing the point entirely. But seeing a black man murdered in cold blood by a white policeman is symbolic of the issue.

No, I am getting it. I'm getting that we're fed, by the media, selection information to suit a narrative and the masses automatically believe what they're told. Again, the officer that killed George deserves and will go to jail, hopefully for a very long time. A white man killed a black man, yes. What if it was a black cop killing a white man? The race is irrelevant. The relevance is that one human murdered another. 

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2756 on: June 05, 2020, 11:11:16 PM »
It's really hard to reply without risking a ban but if you don't see this as yet another example of american police being systemically racist then you're fucking blind. It's gone on for years, it's fucking vile and it is well past time they fix this shit.

The problem is fixing it will take years because you have a country that was built on slavery and when slavery was banned they just switched to double standards making it far more difficult for black citizens to 'live the american dream' driving neighbourhoods into poverty and then treating the people living their as criminals for being poor. Malcolm X and MLK made a difference for a little while but everything since has reopened the vast divide in opportunity with the majority of black americans trapped in the poorest neighbourhoods with the worst prospects. The protests are global because whilst the specific issues of police brutality aren't common elsewhere the environment that created the problem still is. Look at the gang culture and  knife crime problems in the UK and you see it laid out as clear as can be, society has failed the black community all over the world, I don't care what the trigger was this time, the message is just and any decent person should be backing them on it.

#alllivesmatter and all the related bollocks needs to get in the fucking sea.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #2757 on: June 05, 2020, 11:11:23 PM »

I wouldn't say he dropped anything. He's already cuffed at that point, I believe. Something falls out of his pocket as he slides to the floor. It could be almost anything.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2758 on: June 05, 2020, 11:12:02 PM »
No it’s not irrelevant, because you cannot view it as a single event in isolation.

Offline kieron

« Reply #2759 on: June 05, 2020, 11:15:42 PM »
If someone can advise this forum, based on evidence, how this murder was racist, I'm all ears.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal