collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876218 times)

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #2715 on: June 05, 2020, 09:43:05 PM »
If he was to be fined, or the club was fined, I believe his stance in this protest is valid and justified. It needs to stop, enough is enough.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2716 on: June 05, 2020, 09:46:59 PM »
One bloke is collecting and posting videos of police brutality during the protests, he's up to over 300. And that's just the stuff caught on video. It absolutely is indicative of a significant element of US police forces.

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #2717 on: June 05, 2020, 09:47:25 PM »
No.

A whole system predicated on discrimination predicated on race - apartheid.

Vs

A whole system where discrimination predicated on race is illegal. Where a specific incident of disgusting police behaviour has resulted in a murder charge and rightfully so. Said attack may have been racially motivated or may have been a cop that was an areshole to all races. Either way the individual is bad, but the system has him up for murder.

Not even close to parallel.

Done discussing. Just an opinion and not a topic I am affected by enough to have a big debate over.

I like Tyrone, and probably shouldn't have said anything. I respect different opinions and regret expressing mine here.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2718 on: June 05, 2020, 09:56:19 PM »
When you see Police mostly get off from shooting a black person "accidentally" as they thought he had a gun. Look at Philandro Castille killing. Officer pulled him over because he was black and a suspect he was looking for was black. Totally complied with all instructions. Supplied the information he had a firearm so they were aware and not surprised by it. Policeman panics, shoots into the car from point blank 7 times hitting Philandro 5 times and literally missing the child in the back seat by inches. He then proceeded to not try first aid and literally left him to bleed out whilst threatening the in shock wife. He only gets charged with Manslaughter and gets off.

Other Police start getting targeted and ambushed so they are all on heightened alert which then indirectly leads to the killing of Justine Diamond. She reports a potential crime, Police come and can't see anything. They then hear a loud noise by the car and both draw their weapons. She surprises them and one shoots one bullet fatally killing her. He happens to be a black officer. They both try to save her with CPR but ultimately fail . He is charged with Second Degree intentional Murder and get convicted of Third Degree murder and jailed.

Yes white folks die at the hands of the Police with two in the last 5 years in a similar way to Lloyd. And white police do sometimes get jailed for killing black people. But it is rare and the cases of Philandro and Justine show the discrepancies.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2719 on: June 05, 2020, 09:59:46 PM »
Done discussing. Just an opinion and not a topic I am affected by enough to have a big debate over.

Not being confrontational here, but that bit in bold, isn't that effectively the problem for society as a whole?

I'm white, male and middle class. I've had a privileged upbringing and don't really want for anything in life.

I've never been subjected to racial discrimination, either, but I know that if i was, to the extent that black people are - not just in the US, but here too - I would be mad as fuck over this stuff.

The problem is that too many of those people who aren't impacted by it just turn their cheek and walk away from it, like many awful things which happen in life.

No, it doesn't impact me. Does that make it anything other than absolutely abhorrent?

No, it doesn't, and maybe it's time more people who don't get personally impacted by things like this started getting really, really angry about it?

Offline kieron

« Reply #2720 on: June 05, 2020, 10:01:56 PM »
I'm with ASHTON. Absolutely zero evidence that this murder was racially motivated whatsoever. The cop(s) will go to jail, hopefully for a long time, and rightly so. Whether it was racially aggravated at this stage is completely undetermined, irrespective of the world-wide commotion about the event.

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned George Floyd was an innocent man. I suggest you do some research, first.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2721 on: June 05, 2020, 10:03:41 PM »
There's not been a single conviction in the UK for a death in police custody since the 1950's, and even that murder was scaled down to assault.

It's not our problem my arse. It may just be your opinion, but when state it on a forum expect it to be challenged when it's so blatantly wrong.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #2722 on: June 05, 2020, 10:08:10 PM »
I'm with ASHTON. Absolutely zero evidence that this murder was racially motivated whatsoever. The cop(s) will go to jail, hopefully for a long time, and rightly so. Whether it was racially aggravated at this stage is completely undetermined, irrespective of the world-wide commotion about the event.

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned George Floyd was an innocent man. I suggest you do some research, first.

Jesus christ. So having a criminal record means the police can kill you 13 years later?

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2723 on: June 05, 2020, 10:08:16 PM »
Risking infection in a protest whilst minging on about risking it in the job he is paid handsomely is somewhat contradictory.

Only if you equate playing a game of football with innocent people getting murdered by the police.

False dichotomy.

The incident, which is reprehensible, happened in a different country. In that different country the actions were illegal and have resulted in a murder charge.

It is not clear that the appalling behaviour was racially motivated, or just plain appalling behaviour either way it is bad.

Didn't happen here and not indicative of Britain, British policing. To be honest not even indicative of US policing in general.

Why is the protest pointless though?

Because it relates to events in another country, and will effect no change there. I don't condone the event which was horrible, but it is illegal there and being dealt with. But the protest in Birmingham will achieve nothing and is irrelevant. A protest in Birmingham Alabama I see the point of.

There are hundreds of counties worse than the US for police brutality, where are the protests? 

This is bollocks. Of course it makes a point. The incident in America is just raising a long standing World Wide issue. It’s everywhere, I see it all the time on Social Media. The words - them, those, blacks, why, who, all relating to a person who’s not white. We’re all the same but we’re not. That’s the problem.

This protest is about years and years of discrimination, persecution, abuse, victimisation, bullying...the list goes on and on.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #2724 on: June 05, 2020, 10:09:15 PM »
These pig ignorant views are exactly why these protests are needed.

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #2725 on: June 05, 2020, 10:11:56 PM »
When you see Police mostly get off from shooting a black person "accidentally" as they thought he had a gun. Look at Philandro Castille killing. Officer pulled him over because he was black and a suspect he was looking for was black. Totally complied with all instructions. Supplied the information he had a firearm so they were aware and not surprised by it. Policeman panics, shoots into the car from point blank 7 times hitting Philandro 5 times and literally missing the child in the back seat by inches. He then proceeded to not try first aid and literally left him to bleed out whilst threatening the in shock wife. He only gets charged with Manslaughter and gets off.

Other Police start getting targeted and ambushed so they are all on heightened alert which then indirectly leads to the killing of Justine Diamond. She reports a potential crime, Police come and can't see anything. They then hear a loud noise by the car and both draw their weapons. She surprises them and one shoots one bullet fatally killing her. He happens to be a black officer. They both try to save her with CPR but ultimately fail . He is charged with Second Degree intentional Murder and get convicted of Third Degree murder and jailed.

Yes white folks die at the hands of the Police with two in the last 5 years in a similar way to Lloyd. And white police do sometimes get jailed for killing black people. But it is rare and the cases of Philandro and Justine show the discrepancies.

Horrible. Illegal. Not for a second saying the US has no issues, or here. But the US is not even in the top 100 countries for police brutality. Look at the Philippines. Look at China, Russia.

Look at police brutality in Hong Kong. Not seen any marched against it. If there were they would probably also be pointless.

I guess my main point badly expressed was that if you are going to go to protests then moaning about smaller risks from work is annoying. I regret bringing it up and will leave it at that. I am autistic, I sometimes don't get the strength of feeling involved in such things.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2726 on: June 05, 2020, 10:13:24 PM »
These pig ignorant views are exactly why these protests are needed.

Exactly.

Offline kieron

« Reply #2727 on: June 05, 2020, 10:14:25 PM »

Jesus christ. So having a criminal record means the police can kill you 13 years later?

I didn't say anything about his vast prior criminal record, but maybe I should have been clearer, which is a fair challenge.

However, you don't just think the police chucked him on the floor for no reason, or do you? Because that's what the media and this 'outage' will have you believe. The police were doing their job, and for a reason. They killed him, without good reason and they will be served justice (if all's good in the world), but they were there at that time for a reason, because he was engaged in criminal activity, the same as any white, black, brown, green, blue, pink man could have been, too.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #2728 on: June 05, 2020, 10:16:27 PM »

I tell you something.
There are some extraordinary people on this site sometimes.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #2729 on: June 05, 2020, 10:16:41 PM »
What criminal activity was he involved in as the forged bill has been proven to be absolute bollocks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal