collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876980 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #2700 on: June 05, 2020, 08:48:45 PM »
At least we've had the perfect example of why these protests are so important.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #2701 on: June 05, 2020, 08:50:55 PM »
There was absolutely no point protesting against apartheid outside South Africa.

Emotive nonsense. Aparteid was an abomination, but the US is one of the most egalitarian nations on earth.
Yeah, looks it.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #2702 on: June 05, 2020, 08:51:00 PM »
There was absolutely no point protesting against apartheid outside South Africa.

Emotive nonsense. Aparteid was an abomination, but the US is one of the most egalitarian nations on earth.

Are you trying to say, all lives matter?

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #2703 on: June 05, 2020, 08:51:45 PM »
Because it relates to events in another country, and will effect no change there. I don't condone the event which was horrible, but it is illegal there and being dealt with. But the protest in Birmingham will achieve nothing and is irrelevant. A protest in Birmingham Alabama I see the point of.

There are hundreds of counties worse than the US for police brutality, where are the protests?
Nobody at any of the protests outside the US think they're going to change Trump's mind or the US police's mindset.  That's not the point at all.  It's about solidarity and standing up against something you know to be wrong.

Change Trump's mind how? Trump condemned the event and rightfully so. The policeman is charged with murder and rightfully so.

What would you have Trump do? Kangaroo court? Tolerate riots?

Not a fan of Trump but struggle to see your point.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2704 on: June 05, 2020, 08:54:45 PM »
Saying nothing more on this as don't feel strongly enough to argue.

Apparently this was false news.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #2705 on: June 05, 2020, 08:54:49 PM »
I can't put it any clearer than I did.  No-one protesting outside the US thinks they're going to change Trump's mind.  That's not the reason they're doing it. So your point about it being pointless is, well, pointless.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

« Reply #2706 on: June 05, 2020, 08:58:47 PM »

A subject you just can't be bothered talking about five minutes, and a point that seems to have sailed right over your head. 

No, more a case of wasting time and energy discussing anything when you make such irrelevant jumps in context. It's the Godwin principal in motion.

I despise racism, but see no point in these particular protests in the UK. This does not mean U support aparteid and the assertion us frankly obnoxious to the point where I won't waste time discussing with you.

It's a football site and in future I will stick to that like I have most of the last umpteen years.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #2707 on: June 05, 2020, 09:02:32 PM »
It's a football site and in future I will stick to that like I have most of the last umpteen years.

Based on your previous "those Traore, Veretout and Gueye wasters will never amount to anything" history I'm not sure that's much better.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2708 on: June 05, 2020, 09:03:52 PM »

A subject you just can't be bothered talking about five minutes, and a point that seems to have sailed right over your head. 

No, more a case of wasting time and energy discussing anything when you make such irrelevant jumps in context. It's the Godwin principal in motion.

I despise racism, but see no point in these particular protests in the UK. This does not mean U support aparteid and the assertion us frankly obnoxious to the point where I won't waste time discussing with you.

That's twice you've said you won't discuss an exact parallel.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2709 on: June 05, 2020, 09:04:02 PM »

Hmm, I just spent 15 minutes trying to check your claim that you work in South Africa and they have just changed the law that prevented prosecution of the murderers of White farmers. I can find lots on The Myth of the White Genocide though but nothing on that law. Obviously it might not have been widely reported or I'm searching for the wrong thing so come back to ask for any help you have of finding that law to find you have removed that line from your post. So can you point me to websites or document that show the law please?

I'm not saying farmers are not being murdered and I can see that both the HRW and Genocide Watch have condemned the inadequacies of the SA Government in protecting the farmers there and the lack of support from other countries on this issue, just nothing on a law change to make it essentially legal to kill a white farmer.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

« Reply #2710 on: June 05, 2020, 09:19:41 PM »

It is more like the change to not prosecuting for holding small levels of cannabis. Still illegal, but less likely to end in any prosecution.

Doesn't change aparteid being wrong. It's a complicated country.

Offline papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #2711 on: June 05, 2020, 09:29:01 PM »
I miss Brassneck.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2712 on: June 05, 2020, 09:31:10 PM »
Risking infection in a protest whilst minging on about risking it in the job he is paid handsomely is somewhat contradictory.

Only if you equate playing a game of football with innocent people getting murdered by the police.

False dichotomy.

The incident, which is reprehensible, happened in a different country. In that different country the actions were illegal and have resulted in a murder charge.

It is not clear that the appalling behaviour was racially motivated, or just plain appalling behaviour either way it is bad.

Didn't happen here and not indicative of Britain, British policing. To be honest not even indicative of US policing in general.

And yes, if you can not socially distance in a protest you shouldn't be whining about doing so at workm

This is the bit you want to withdraw to the background in this debate. The protests are very specifically to do with how it is indicative of US policing torwards that community.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

« Reply #2713 on: June 05, 2020, 09:36:03 PM »

It is not an exact parallel, it is a ridiculous comparison.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2714 on: June 05, 2020, 09:38:54 PM »

It is not an exact parallel, it is a ridiculous comparison.

Discrimination based on race.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal