collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 875812 times)

Offline Villafirst

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #2385 on: November 14, 2019, 08:59:19 PM »
Montenegro nearly scored twice in that First half - poor defending from the centre backs.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2386 on: November 14, 2019, 09:19:13 PM »
Southgate is from the same mould as David Platt. While most ex-villans have fond memories of playing for Englands finest football club twats like them try to distance themselves and pretend like it never happened.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2387 on: November 14, 2019, 10:38:12 PM »
He did want to leave us for Middlesbrough after all.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2388 on: November 14, 2019, 10:48:11 PM »
He wanted to leave us for Chelsea, but couldn't. I've never really blamed him for criticising our ambition. We were all saying the same thing at the time. As for why he eventually ended up at Middlesbrough, I think there was something more than met the eye there. It seems too odd that as many as five Villa staff ended up there. I reckon Gregory may have been a difficult man to work under.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #2389 on: November 14, 2019, 11:11:03 PM »
He wanted to leave us for Chelsea, but couldn't. I've never really blamed him for criticising our ambition. We were all saying the same thing at the time. As for why he eventually ended up at Middlesbrough, I think there was something more than met the eye there. It seems too odd that as many as five Villa staff ended up there. I reckon Gregory may have been a difficult man to work under.

Wasn’t it around the time that Gibson had taken over at Boro? He threw his cash around so I imagine that he was paying much more than Villa were at the time. But as you say there is probably more to this and certainly Southgate and Ugo (rip) haven’t said anything.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #2390 on: November 15, 2019, 08:01:42 AM »
The way Southgate left Villa was very nasty.  My opinion of him is very similar to his opinion of Villa.  Ditto David Platt, but to return to the thread, the shot of Tyrone as he left the dug out after yesterday's game spoke volumes.  He is a very intelligent guy and it is very easy to read his body language.  A potential giant of a player.  An national treasure confined to the role of understudy.  A conversation between Raheem and Tyrone on the subject of the player we rescued from Crystal Palace midfield mediocrity would be worth listening to.

Online Clampy

« Reply #2391 on: November 15, 2019, 09:25:45 AM »
Montenegro nearly scored twice in that First half - poor defending from the centre backs.

I don't think even the best of sides could manage not to let the opposition have a shot or two on goal.

As for Tyrone, he was maybe harshly dropped but his time will come again. He'll probably play him on next time out now that we've virtually qualified.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #2392 on: November 15, 2019, 10:22:14 AM »

I don't think even the best of sides could manage not to let the opposition have a shot or two on goal.

That's true but in this instance it wasn't just a shot on goal it was atrocious central defending against a very poor team.  A chasm between the two central defenders allowing a forward to run into.  A better forward would have punished England.

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #2393 on: November 15, 2019, 10:38:02 AM »
The way Southgate left Villa was very nasty.  My opinion of him is very similar to his opinion of Villa.  Ditto David Platt, but to return to the thread, the shot of Tyrone as he left the dug out after yesterday's game spoke volumes.  He is a very intelligent guy and it is very easy to read his body language.  A potential giant of a player.  An national treasure confined to the role of understudy.  A conversation between Raheem and Tyrone on the subject of the player we rescued from Crystal Palace midfield mediocrity would be worth listening to.
I'm glad he didn't play after his possible groin problem last game. At the time looked similar to the play off final injury that forced him off. Maybe not selected to protect his 'injury'? We need him against Newcastle, more so if Engels is still injured.

Online The Edge

« Reply #2394 on: November 15, 2019, 10:43:45 AM »
I'm glad he didn't play after his possible groin problem last game. At the time looked similar to the play off final injury that forced him off. Maybe not selected to protect his 'injury'? We need him against Newcastle, more so if Engels is still injured.
Good point.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2395 on: November 15, 2019, 03:55:05 PM »
He did want to leave us for Middlesbrough after all.
He didn't really want to leave us - he jsut did not believe that Doug had the ambition for Villa to win anything.
Having said that, if we'd not capitulated in the 2000 FAC final, he might have led us on to greater things.

I like Southgate: he always gave 100% and seems pretty authentic.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #2396 on: November 15, 2019, 05:46:07 PM »
Southgate left for more money. Boro were throwing it around at the time.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2397 on: November 15, 2019, 06:14:46 PM »
Southgate left for more money. Boro were throwing it around at the time.
He had been tapped up by Chelsea and asked to leave for ambition.  If I recall correctly Chelsea pulled out, but because he had kind of burn't his Bridges he took the next offer.  And at that time Boro were far more ambitous than us. 

Offline rooboy316

• GM : 27.09.2024
« Reply #2398 on: November 16, 2019, 10:02:26 AM »

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #2399 on: November 17, 2019, 03:54:56 PM »
Starts today against Kosovo.

Please don't get injured.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal