collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 893458 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #5010 on: August 06, 2022, 09:32:52 PM »
Then God help us.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #5011 on: August 06, 2022, 09:37:28 PM »
Then God help us.

Well we'll need his help if the evidence of today is anything to go by.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #5012 on: August 06, 2022, 09:47:00 PM »
He's the best defender we've got until Carlos proves otherwise.
100% this - he’s proved more in a villa shirt than pretty anyone else in the squad.  Hes flawed but everyone else is too. 

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5013 on: August 06, 2022, 09:49:08 PM »
Mings isn't good enough for us to improve upon what we've been so far.

All hail the conquering Gerrard. Achiever of 14th place, and runner-up to St Johnstone. We're lucky to have him.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #5014 on: August 06, 2022, 09:59:47 PM »
Then God help us.

England international centre-back, giant in the air, threat from set pieces and one of the best defenders we have had this decade, if not the best.

Why are you doubling down so hard?.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #5015 on: August 06, 2022, 10:01:37 PM »
Then God help us.

England international centre-back, giant in the air, threat from set pieces and one of the best defenders we have had this decade, if not the best.

Why are you doubling down so hard?.

It's the Johnson/Murdoch/Dacre playbook.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #5016 on: August 06, 2022, 10:10:07 PM »
Needs to start against Everton. Should have started today.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #5017 on: August 06, 2022, 10:29:34 PM »
Apart from his playing ability Tyrone Mings is an outstanding role model in his private and public life.  He is a natural leader by example and a credit to the game.  We are lucky to have him as a Villa player.  I suspect that his high profile and reputation are among the reasons why Steven Gerrard resents him so much.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5018 on: August 06, 2022, 10:30:16 PM »
Apart from his playing ability Tyrone Mings is an outstanding role model in his private and public life.  He is a natural leader by example and a credit to the game.  We are lucky to have him as a Villa player.  I suspect that his high profile and reputation are among the reasons why Steven Gerrard resents him so much.

Utter nonsense.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #5019 on: August 06, 2022, 10:32:54 PM »
I’d rather have Mings making the odd mistake whilst attacking every ball and organising the defence than the way Konsa has played pretty much since crowds came back.

Whilst Carlos is settling in I’d much rather see him alongside Mings

Offline cdward

« Reply #5020 on: August 06, 2022, 10:42:48 PM »

Utter nonsense.

Agreed, utter nonsense.
 Mainly because I think you are doing a disservice to SG as a person.

I think we can all agree Mings is a great example of a decent human being and professional.
But I have been impressed with Gerrard’s professionalism and maturity as our manager. He carries himself well, and knows how to act in club duties. To say that he is resentful of a senior player at the club, after the career that Gerrard has had is just nonsense.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #5021 on: August 06, 2022, 10:48:26 PM »

Utter nonsense.

Agreed, utter nonsense.

I think we can all agree Mings is a great example of a decent human being and professional.
But I have been impressed with Gerrard’s professionalism and maturity as our manager. He carries himself well

I agree. He carries himself brilliantly. If points were awarded for press conferences, in-house interviews and photo opportunities we'd be in the Champion's League without question. The problem is all the football manager stuff that he's not so good at.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #5022 on: August 06, 2022, 10:52:23 PM »

Utter nonsense.

Agreed, utter nonsense.

But I have been impressed with Gerrard’s professionalism and maturity as our manager. He carries himself well

I agree. He carries himself brilliantly. If points were awarded for press conferences, in-house interviews and photo opportunities we'd be in the Champion's League without question. The problem is all the football manager stuff that he's not so good at.

Agree. Especially with every hack and pundit turning the narrative to Liverpool he has always shot them down  on that.

He gets Villa unlike some who managed us (DOL Houliier) ut so did Bruce and McLeish and Turner and for different reasons were found wanting.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #5023 on: August 06, 2022, 10:57:59 PM »

Utter nonsense.

Agreed, utter nonsense.
 Mainly because I think you are doing a disservice to SG as a person.

But I have been impressed with Gerrard’s professionalism and maturity as our manager. He carries himself well, and knows how to act in club duties. To say that he is resentful of a senior player at the club, after the career that Gerrard has had is just nonsense.

Yes frustrated ex player vibes
Like Roy Keane.
Mings probably isn't scared of either of them or over enamored how they commuicate which will annoy  given their status and attitude to winning.

But not really here for debate on this one and if people really think it's nonsense then so be it
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 11:03:05 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #5024 on: August 06, 2022, 11:11:01 PM »
I dunno, starting Mings maybe we'd have been tighter at the back, but to be honest, it's the total and utter lack of invention, pace, guile and creativity of the forward six that concern me most.

Abject fucking rubbish.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal