collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kortney Hause (on loan at Watford)  (Read 129969 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Kortney Hause - here for good
« Reply #675 on: December 28, 2020, 10:49:00 PM »
I didn't think we were fluid at all in our distribution from the back and only Mings has the passing range to bypass the midfield with a quick transition down the left. Twice House was ponderous on the ball and eventually gave it away cheaply.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #676 on: December 28, 2020, 11:18:57 PM »
I can only fault Hause for his distribution. Defensively he’s really sound but he lacks the ability that Mings has to find a forward or hit an area where a forward can run into.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #677 on: December 28, 2020, 11:48:31 PM »
Hause  has really lifted his game andshould keep his place on merit.

On this seasons form Mings is not as good a player as either Konsa or Hause, he should definitely not waltz straight back into the team. A spell on the sidelines might make him think a little about working on cutting out the sloppy parts of his game that prevent him from being an excellent defender. As is he  reminds me of  Richard Dunne (great for 95% of a game but the 5% is a red card or goal gifted to the opponent all too often).

Offline Dick Edwards

« Reply #678 on: December 29, 2020, 09:37:05 AM »
At the very least, Hause is a more than able deputy to come in at centre half when Mings or Konsa is injured or suspended.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #679 on: December 29, 2020, 09:53:12 AM »
I like Hause, think defensively he has been sound. But you can see where we've missed Mings and his better ability to move the game on.

Eh? We scored two goals against Palace after he got sent off! And we created 10 chances today against a good Chelsea side.  We certainly haven't missed his brain farts like he had against Leeds and Brighton.

Big call for Deano against Utd. Does he retain Hause or bring back Mings? I think he will go with the latter

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #680 on: December 29, 2020, 09:58:35 AM »
I can only fault Hause for his distribution. Defensively he’s really sound but he lacks the ability that Mings has to find a forward or hit an area where a forward can run into.

I agree Bren, it’s his one weakness and good teams/ coaches will exploit it by trying to press to ensure he is generally the one bringing the ball out which will give them a 5050 chance of getting the ball back.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #681 on: December 29, 2020, 10:01:45 AM »

I agree Bren, it’s his one weakness and good teams/ coaches will exploit it by trying to press to ensure he is generally the one bringing the ball out which will give them a 5050 chance of getting the ball back.

Well if they have been exploiting it, it hasn't worked so far.  Unlike exploiting Mings, which definitely has.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #682 on: December 29, 2020, 10:10:04 AM »
What did we pay for him, £3m? He’s now a Premier League centre half, his value is 5 or 6 times that now at least.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #683 on: December 29, 2020, 10:10:32 AM »

Is Mings all that great on the ball either? Better than Hause for sure but he dawdles on the ball far too long for me.

Unfortunately for Hause, I do think Smith will bring Mings straight back in.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #684 on: December 29, 2020, 10:16:50 AM »

Is Mings all that great on the ball either? Better than Hause for sure but he dawdles on the ball far too long for me.

Unfortunately for Hause, I do think Smith will bring Mings straight back in.

The long balls he plays down the left to find the runs from McGinn have been a real feature of this season. He does occasionally dither if the pass isn’t on but generally retains possession. It’s a great position to be in having genuine competition for places as a few weeks ago I didn’t think Hause had it in him.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #685 on: December 29, 2020, 01:07:32 PM »
I think you have to be deliberately ignoring the many times Mings has played passes down the wing, probably to justify slagging him off, to suggest it isn't a feature of his play and that it wasn't missed yesterday.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #686 on: December 29, 2020, 01:29:12 PM »
I think you have to be deliberately ignoring the many times Mings has played passes down the wing, probably to justify slagging him off, to suggest it isn't a feature of his play and that it wasn't missed yesterday.

There was a stat the other day that showed he’d made about 4x as many key passes as Konsa and Hause put together.

I get bored of the stick Mings gets, let’s just be happy that we have at least 3 very capable centre halves.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #687 on: December 29, 2020, 01:46:20 PM »

There was a stat the other day that showed he’d made about 4x as many key passes as Konsa and Hause put together.

I get bored of the stick Mings gets, let’s just be happy that we have at least 3 very capable centre halves.

it wouldn't surprise me, he plays a hell of a lot of passes into Jack in the 'inside left' channel that start us on an attack. Yes he makes a few mistakes but a lot of them are massively exaggerated and some comments, such as one accusing him of earning his 2nd yellow by trying to overplay, don't even resemble reality.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #688 on: December 29, 2020, 01:53:14 PM »
Anyway, the excellent form of Hause may help with another potential issue, namely cover for Matt Targett.

I think we could do a lot worse than use Mings in that position if needed now we know we can trust Hause.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #689 on: December 29, 2020, 02:02:35 PM »
I like Hause, think defensively he has been sound. But you can see where we've missed Mings and his better ability to move the game on.

Eh? We scored two goals against Palace after he got sent off! And we created 10 chances today against a good Chelsea side.  We certainly haven't missed his brain farts like he had against Leeds and Brighton.
Luckily yesterday we had Jack in there with the brain fart to make up for it. Maybe it’s to keep Martinez on his toes once in a while.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal