collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kortney Hause (on loan at Watford)  (Read 128963 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Kortney Hause - here for good
« Reply #630 on: January 01, 2020, 01:30:24 AM »
We signed players with an average value ifb£10m this summer. Hause was cheap.

Overall £10m doesn't buy much these days at all. The game has changed a lot since we were last up here.

Exactly.  A lot has been made of how much we spent last summer, but we didn't really have much of a choice given so many players left.  We were almost starting from scratch.

Offline frank black

« Reply #631 on: January 20, 2020, 06:28:43 PM »
Where do you stand on this fella. Overall I can see the attributes but he makes me very nervous. Distribution being erratic

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #632 on: January 20, 2020, 06:48:59 PM »
Very very clumsy. I think he needs to be taken out of the team

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #633 on: January 20, 2020, 06:54:31 PM »
A backup player at the moment in the squad due to change of system and Engels and Chester not fully fit.

A player I think who will be a squad player next year if we stay up as cover for left back and centre half and probably a bit more involved if the dreaded happens.

Online KRS

« Reply #634 on: January 20, 2020, 07:07:23 PM »
I was a big fan of his last season as he created an excellent solid partnership with Mings, but unfortunately he is fast becoming the epitome of our defence over the last few years...mistake after mistake after mistake. He’s a car crash at the moment based on his last few performances, so he either needs to up his game or be dropped.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #635 on: January 20, 2020, 07:28:06 PM »
For me, it's 2 bad performances (the last 2 games) and one of those was v Man City where most played poorly.

He is what he is and was never going to be Bobby Moore.  However, he brings strength and height and has a very high stat regarding duals won.  We are far more stable in defence and look a lot safer defending set pieces with Hause there.  Let's get the defence right before worrying about distribution.  Best option available for me at present, especially being left footed.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #636 on: January 20, 2020, 07:32:12 PM »
I like him. Plenty of obvious attributes as Brassneck mentioned, still young enough to get better, left-footed and cover in two positions. Probably will make the odd mistake in his first season in the Premier League or even a run of them. For £3m he's a bargain and will only get better.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #637 on: January 20, 2020, 09:52:03 PM »
For me, it's 2 bad performances (the last 2 games) and one of those was v Man City where most played poorly.

He is what he is and was never going to be Bobby Moore.  However, he brings strength and height and has a very high stat regarding duals won.  We are far more stable in defence and look a lot safer defending set pieces with Hause there.  Let's get the defence right before worrying about distribution.  Best option available for me at present, especially being left footed.

Should be ideal v Watford and the likes of Deeney but centre halves in a back three need to be a lot more comfortable on the ball. Particularly given our problems in midfield. Hause is not remotely comfortable stepping into midfield with the ball.

Problem is Engels is far too slow for the RCB position but could be an option in the middle to release Mings to the left. I don't think Smith has much faith in Chester, surely he would have been given a chance by now if he did.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #638 on: January 21, 2020, 01:32:30 AM »
I like him generally, and think as he plays more he will improve. If we drop, him and Engels could be a good pairing, as could he and Konsa. Hes not a starter every week in the prem, nor is Konsa. I think we are a really good defender light playing this formation, but it is not as pressing as other areas. Well worth keeping as a squad player though. In a 4-3-3 I prefer him to Taylor at left back too.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #639 on: January 21, 2020, 12:01:35 PM »

Should be ideal v Watford and the likes of Deeney but centre halves in a back three need to be a lot more comfortable on the ball. Particularly given our problems in midfield. Hause is not remotely comfortable stepping into midfield with the ball.

Problem is Engels is far too slow for the RCB position but could be an option in the middle to release Mings to the left. I don't think Smith has much faith in Chester, surely he would have been given a chance by now if he did.
I don't think Engels is as slow as people seem to think he is.  It's a bit of an odd article but the attached has him as having been recorded as one of the quickets players in the league this season.  I suspect it's a bullshit way of measuring, but even so he can't be that slow to even be in the mix?

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/revealed-six-fastest-players-premier-league

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #640 on: January 21, 2020, 12:09:03 PM »

I don't think Engels is as slow as people seem to think he is.  It's a bit of an odd article but the attached has him as having been recorded as one of the quickets players in the league this season.  I suspect it's a bullshit way of measuring, but even so he can't be that slow to even be in the mix?

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/revealed-six-fastest-players-premier-league

The goal conceded against Leicester? was shocking.  I think it was our very own Dave Woodhall who described Engles as if he were running through treacle or something similar.

Besides, Mings is doing great in that position and why would you want to shift two thirds of the defence around just because Hause hasn't distributed well in his previous 2 games?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #641 on: January 21, 2020, 12:24:13 PM »
I was only commenting on the speed thing.  I'm thinking he was carrying a knock against Southampton.

I wasn't suggesting he play in Mings role, just commenting he may not be too slow as right centre back if required.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 12:26:24 PM by chrisw1 »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #642 on: January 21, 2020, 12:47:18 PM »

The goal conceded against Leicester? was shocking.  I think it was our very own Dave Woodhall who described Engles as if he were running through treacle or something similar.

"Southampton’s first was the result of Bjorn Engels seeming to be running through treacle rather than on grass"

Offline papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #643 on: December 26, 2020, 05:32:57 PM »
A superb performance today and since he was recalled in Konsa's absence. A big factor in keeping a clean sheet.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #644 on: December 26, 2020, 05:36:02 PM »
He's been great since getting back in.  That's what competition for places shuld be about. If he can stay fit he could play the rest of the season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal