collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kortney Hause (on loan at Watford)  (Read 129967 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Kortney Hause - here for good
« Reply #660 on: December 28, 2020, 08:39:50 PM »
Deserves his acolades, he would head a fucking comet in our box.

Ha! As I just said on the Match thread, for all his poor distribution he more than made up for it with his heading. Chelsea put a lot of crosses into the box and 9 times out of ten he was on the end of it. Great defending.

We ended up not having a choice, but you could certainly argue that today was the perfect game for him over Mings

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #661 on: December 28, 2020, 08:42:01 PM »
Absolutely.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #662 on: December 28, 2020, 09:12:41 PM »
Deserves his acolades, he would head a fucking comet in our box.

Ha! As I just said on the Match thread, for all his poor distribution he more than made up for it with his heading. Chelsea put a lot of crosses into the box and 9 times out of ten he was on the end of it. Great defending.

We ended up not having a choice, but you could certainly argue that today was the perfect game for him over Mings

Is that games where you don't want your central defenders to get caught with the ball and give the opposition a goal-scoring chance?!

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #663 on: December 28, 2020, 09:17:45 PM »
Did very well defensively but his distribution was let’s be generous and say agricultural. This is where Mings has to come back in for me as he has that in his locker. Hause is a great back up though.

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #664 on: December 28, 2020, 09:26:20 PM »
Did very well defensively but his distribution was let’s be generous and say agricultural. This is where Mings has to come back in for me as he has that in his locker. Hause is a great back up though.

Agreed. It is true that Mings does drop the odd mistake here and there which can lead to chances but his forward passing is what the other two lack. I thought we suffered in that regard today with too many turnovers.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #665 on: December 28, 2020, 09:41:09 PM »

Agreed. It is true that Mings does drop the odd mistake here and there which can lead to chances but his forward passing is what the other two lack. I thought we suffered in that regard today with too many turnovers.

Mings isn't great in the air either, Hause wins everything

Offline Risso

« Reply #666 on: December 28, 2020, 09:45:58 PM »

I'd settle for Hause just playing the ball to either Luiz or McGinn if it means we don't have to watch Mings titting about giving away chances.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #667 on: December 28, 2020, 09:46:25 PM »
Well mings wilk be on bench next game as neither konsa or hause should be dropped

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #668 on: December 28, 2020, 09:47:02 PM »
Played really well. Should have buried that header first half though.

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #669 on: December 28, 2020, 09:52:36 PM »

Mings isn't great in the air either, Hause wins everything

To be fair to Tyrone fbref has him down as winning 80% of his aerial duels this season, which is also 6th in the league, just shy of Hause on 80.6%. Ezri is only on 62.7% for reference.

Offline Risso

« Reply #670 on: December 28, 2020, 09:55:53 PM »
No way on earth should Hause be dropped.  He's come in and done really well over a number of games and now it should be up to Mings to try to force his way back in. 

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #671 on: December 28, 2020, 10:08:16 PM »
No way on earth should Hause be dropped.  He's come in and done really well over a number of games and now it should be up to Mings to try to force his way back in. 

I get what you're saying defensively for sure, I really like Hause in the air and Konsa's positional sense is exceptional. I just see Mings as very important to the way we play going forwards, especially down that left hand side.

The fact that Mings had completed 43 progressive passes while Hause and Konsa had only completed 10 combined before today says a lot I think. Mings' passing is one of the most underrated parts of our side in my opinion. His ability to play the ball at pace through the lines to players on the half turn or into the channels to Watkins is a big asset and helps us progress up the pitch. I thought some of Hause's wayward passes today turned over possession too cheaply and invited Chelsea onto us again which contributed to a slightly disjointed performance.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #672 on: December 28, 2020, 10:28:02 PM »
Good and strong defender, seems to really enjoy defending as an art and was commanding.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #673 on: December 28, 2020, 10:35:53 PM »
I like Hause, think defensively he has been sound. But you can see where we've missed Mings and his better ability to move the game on.

Offline Risso

« Reply #674 on: December 28, 2020, 10:42:18 PM »
I like Hause, think defensively he has been sound. But you can see where we've missed Mings and his better ability to move the game on.

Eh? We scored two goals against Palace after he got sent off! And we created 10 chances today against a good Chelsea side.  We certainly haven't missed his brain farts like he had against Leeds and Brighton.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal