collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Leon Bailey - signed by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:31:35 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Gareth
[Today at 09:31:25 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by dave.woodhall
[Today at 09:25:33 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:21:03 AM]

Lucas Digne - Signed by VillaTim
[Today at 09:18:49 AM]

Champions League Contention by rob_bridge
[Today at 09:13:41 AM]

Diego Carlos by rougegorge
[Today at 08:59:15 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Drummond
[Today at 08:55:54 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kortney Hause (on loan at Watford)  (Read 130432 times)

Offline walsall villain

Re: Kortney Hause - Signed on Loan
« Reply #435 on: May 15, 2019, 10:56:56 AM »
I'd definitely be starting Hause at left back ahead of Taylor at Wembley.  Taylor absolutely refuses to ever, ever, ever attempt a cross.  If he can knock it back to absolutely anybody behind him, he always will.  One of the two weak spots we need to fix for the final, the other being the wide right player up front.

Agree on Hause at LB. Play Kodjia wide left and move El Ghazi to wide right?
Can’t see Hause starting as he’s not had much game time. Taylor is a problem though.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #436 on: May 15, 2019, 02:00:52 PM »
I'd definitely be starting Hause at left back ahead of Taylor at Wembley.  Taylor absolutely refuses to ever, ever, ever attempt a cross.  If he can knock it back to absolutely anybody behind him, he always will.  One of the two weak spots we need to fix for the final, the other being the wide right player up front.

That's not quite true, he played 1 cross that I remember last night, seem to remember it going about 15-20 yards further than it needed to.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #437 on: May 15, 2019, 10:41:04 PM »
I think Hause is just a better player than Taylor.  Better option in their box at corners, as well as ours of course. 

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #438 on: May 16, 2019, 12:27:38 AM »
I think Hause is just a better player than Taylor.  Better option in their box at corners, as well as ours of course. 

A fucking road cone is better than Neil Taylor

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #439 on: May 16, 2019, 09:19:39 AM »

Hause played LB when we beat them 4-0.

Offline frank black

« Reply #440 on: May 16, 2019, 09:24:59 AM »
He surely got to play after Taylor’s recent performances.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #441 on: May 16, 2019, 10:52:15 AM »
Taylor's been OK defensively, which is a big improvement on his early horror shows this season, but he has absolutely no confidence once he gets past the half way line.  He attempts a cross maybe once in every twenty opportunities, but nearly always turns around and looks for a player behind him to lay it off to.  So many attacking opportunities break down because of him, it drives me mad.  Hause is a much better full back, and just fits in much better alongside Mings.  I can't see Smith dropping Taylor though.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #442 on: May 16, 2019, 11:11:39 AM »
West Brom were happy to let Taylor have the ball anywhere in their half....says it all really.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #443 on: May 16, 2019, 11:18:05 AM »
West Brom were happy to let all our players have the ball if it meant they didn't have to advance three yards further from their own goal line, the negative bellends.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #444 on: May 16, 2019, 11:18:23 AM »
Taylor's primary role is as a defender and he's done fine. He played loads during our unbeaten run with hardly any complaints. Hause hasn't played in a while and a Wembley Final is an unforgiving place to return.

Offline achilles

« Reply #445 on: May 16, 2019, 12:05:24 PM »
Taylor's been OK defensively, which is a big improvement on his early horror shows this season, but he has absolutely no confidence once he gets past the half way line.  He attempts a cross maybe once in every twenty opportunities, but nearly always turns around and looks for a player behind him to lay it off to.  So many attacking opportunities break down because of him, it drives me mad.  Hause is a much better full back, and just fits in much better alongside Mings.  I can't see Smith dropping Taylor though.

Totally agree, Taylor gets a nose bleed when he approaches the 18yd box but Smith won't drop him.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #446 on: May 16, 2019, 12:08:55 PM »
He won't you're right.  But having Hause to come on if we find ourselves chasing the game could be invaluable with his strength and height.

Offline danno

« Reply #447 on: May 16, 2019, 12:12:22 PM »
Taylor wasn't the only player to freeze in the final third, but he was our only defender not to concede possession cheaply in his own half. I'm not a fan but I think he's done ok and built up an understanding with El Ghazi, dropping him would be harsh imho.

Offline Bully2345

« Reply #448 on: May 16, 2019, 12:19:40 PM »
Maybe Taylor is given instructions not to cross it. Just a thought

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #449 on: May 16, 2019, 12:19:48 PM »
West Brom were happy to let Taylor have the ball anywhere in their half....says it all really.

This is the real problem, teams have realised that he's unwilling to even try to shoot or put crosses over so they don't worry about him getting the ball, which makes it easier to get men to Grealish, McGinn and AEG who would all benefit massively from a left back who had to be closed down.

The Baggies did it in both legs but so have a few other sides in the last couple of months. However, as Drummond says, maybe this isn't the time to make the change. Whatever happens in the final I doubt we'll see Taylor as a regular next season and I don't think replacing him with Hause will be the difference between winning and losing in that game so leaving things as they are might be the best course. Oddly if we were playing west brom next I'd definitely bring Hause in and I'd have started him on Tuesday but I don't see the same aerial threat from Derby.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal