collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 01:56:15 PM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:53:30 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 01:52:56 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Ian.
[Today at 01:48:55 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by SaddVillan
[Today at 01:44:57 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 01:31:49 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:23:49 PM]

Diego Carlos by OCD
[Today at 01:21:52 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 01:56:15 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:55:19 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:55:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Pete3206
[Today at 01:54:32 PM]

Re: Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:53:30 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 01:52:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Ian.
[Today at 01:48:55 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 01:47:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kortney Hause (on loan at Watford)  (Read 130318 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Kortney Hause - Signed on Loan
« Reply #330 on: March 03, 2019, 03:31:00 PM »
I seem to recall Ugo having a nightmare debut at home to Norwich. If it wasn't his actual debut it was certainly one of his earliest games for us.

It was definitely his debut.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #331 on: March 03, 2019, 05:21:23 PM »
I think he fits in well, because he's absolute shite.

This sums up the posts from a couple of weeks ago. Just after he joined us and played his first match.

I might have been the only one that cut him any slack that day. It does prove not to judge a player one way pr the other based on what could be a very isolated incident or circumstance.

He’s not played in ages and looked exactly as you would expect tossed into a game where we are already playing shit. Let’s not go overboard on a bad debut. The whole team is fucking mince right now.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #332 on: March 03, 2019, 07:58:47 PM »
I stand by what I said at the time:

As I said on the match thread, I preferred him to Taylor, neither of them offer anything positive going forward but at least Hause got his positioning right and didn't let his winger dominate the game. Longer term I want a proper left back who can defend but also get forward and provide width but for now I'll take one that can do half of the job effectively.

He's doing a very good job in the defensive side of the game (and to be fair he's looking better going forward now) but I still think he's a centre back doing a job rather than an out and out modern fullback.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #333 on: March 03, 2019, 08:45:14 PM »
He just gets better and better each game he plays.

Offline mike

« Reply #334 on: March 03, 2019, 09:04:35 PM »

As I said on the match thread, I preferred him to Taylor, neither of them offer anything positive going forward but at least Hause got his positioning right and didn't let his winger dominate the game. Longer term I want a proper left back who can defend but also get forward and provide width but for now I'll take one that can do half of the job effectively.

He's doing a very good job in the defensive side of the game (and to be fair he's looking better going forward now) but I still think he's a centre back doing a job rather than an out and out modern fullback.

I know what you mean but as a big lump of a lad he seemed to chug forward effectively a few times yesterday.

Online paul_e

« Reply #335 on: March 03, 2019, 09:11:08 PM »

I know what you mean but as a big lump of a lad he seemed to chug forward effectively a few times yesterday.

He's definitely a good option as a backup and he's a far better player than Taylor but, as has been mentioned on another thread, I suspect the wingers will play much more narrow next season (Green, O'hare and RHM suit that role better than being a traditional winger and I suspect we'll add at least 1 more) sothe full backs have to be willing to get right up the pitch and then put quality into the box, I'm not sure Hause has that (but lets see over the next couple of months).

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #336 on: March 03, 2019, 09:49:30 PM »

He's definitely a good option as a backup and he's a far better player than Taylor but, as has been mentioned on another thread, I suspect the wingers will play much more narrow next season (Green, O'hare and RHM suit that role better than being a traditional winger and I suspect we'll add at least 1 more) sothe full backs have to be willing to get right up the pitch and then put quality into the box, I'm not sure Hause has that (but lets see over the next couple of months).

He did quite a bit of that yesterday to be fair

Online paul_e

« Reply #337 on: March 03, 2019, 10:49:36 PM »

I've only seen highlights but what I saw was lots of him being a good defender and a technically capable player who could pick a pass but I didn't see anything of him breaking beyond the opposite fullback and turning the defence around, that's the sort of thing I'm talking about. This probably sounds horribly negative but I really don't mean it like that, my point is that how he played yesterday, and how I'd expect him to play as a left back, requires a winger in front of him, if he's the main source of width going forward then he needs to show that he can pin their fullback in his own half at times.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #338 on: March 03, 2019, 10:58:30 PM »
I seem to recall Ugo having a nightmare debut at home to Norwich. If it wasn't his actual debut it was certainly one of his earliest games for us.

Amazing how well Ugo turned out after that nightmare debut. Also surprised people don't mention his debut more often. It's like there has been a collective memory lapse.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #339 on: March 04, 2019, 08:43:50 AM »

Amazing how well Ugo turned out after that nightmare debut. Also surprised people don't mention his debut more often. It's like there has been a collective memory lapse.

Thats because we’re such a positive bunch 🤣

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #340 on: March 04, 2019, 08:50:35 AM »
That Ugo reference recently has become the new Barry not taking the penalty shit. Surprised at Damo as he reads and posts on here morning, noon and night.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #341 on: March 04, 2019, 09:26:25 AM »

I've only seen highlights but what I saw was lots of him being a good defender and a technically capable player who could pick a pass but I didn't see anything of him breaking beyond the opposite fullback and turning the defence around, that's the sort of thing I'm talking about. This probably sounds horribly negative but I really don't mean it like that, my point is that how he played yesterday, and how I'd expect him to play as a left back, requires a winger in front of him, if he's the main source of width going forward then he needs to show that he can pin their fullback in his own half at times.

When Jack plays, the midfield formation is inevitably more fluid, so I wonder if Hause was told to sit a bit more. Especially as Elmo and Albert were attacking what remains of Ashley Cole at every opportunity

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #342 on: March 04, 2019, 02:48:16 PM »

This sums up the posts from a couple of weeks ago. Just after he joined us and played his first match.

I might have been the only one that cut him any slack that day. It does prove not to judge a player one way pr the other based on what could be a very isolated incident or circumstance.

He’s not played in ages and looked exactly as you would expect tossed into a game where we are already playing shit. Let’s not go overboard on a bad debut. The whole team is fucking mince right now.

I think I was the same when Ugo made his debut. Against Norwich.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #343 on: March 04, 2019, 04:57:33 PM »

I think I was the same when Ugo made his debut. Against Norwich.

At Villa Park wasn't it?

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #344 on: March 04, 2019, 05:47:34 PM »

So it looks like we've gone from having two right footed centre backs playing as a pair to now most likely having two left footed ones playing for the foreseeable. Fingers crossed one of Mings or Hause can play on the right better than Chester managed on the left.

Hause has looked very promising recently at left back. Glad we got that clause to buy him in the summer sorted

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal