collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by LeeS
[Today at 03:32:49 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Drummond
[Today at 03:31:50 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by David_Nab
[Today at 03:26:23 PM]

Robin Olsen by VillaTim
[Today at 03:25:08 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 03:16:29 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:15:23 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by LeeS
[Today at 03:32:49 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Drummond
[Today at 03:31:50 PM]

Re: FFP by Drummond
[Today at 03:30:39 PM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 03:30:06 PM]

Re: FFP by olaftab
[Today at 03:26:32 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by David_Nab
[Today at 03:26:23 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 03:25:24 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by VillaTim
[Today at 03:25:08 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Redditch to Lichfield line on Matchday  (Read 2281 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Redditch to Lichfield line on Matchday
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2018, 07:14:54 PM »
It’s certainly not great if you’re going the other way from Aston to Lichfield ! Sunday after Leeds was a classic example of poor stewarding and a crush at the bottom of the stairs as fans tried to get on the half hourly trains already full of Xmas shoppers !

The roads were shocking after Leeds.  We gave it 45 mins after the final whistle before going back to the car, but it still took us the best part of an hour to get out of Aston.

I don't drive to the match often these days (I go train Leam to Brum, beers in town, Uber from town to ground, and a cab from Trinity Road after back into town - they'll screw you for 20 quid but if there's a few of you, it's a more palatable cost) but given how much longer it takes to get anywhere if you park close to the ground, I used to find the Power League a good place - it's a longer walk, yes, but you are straight out and onto the motorway (if that's the way you go).

Other than that, Manor Park School (the entrance on Sycamore Road) is close and not that bad to get out of.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 08:04:35 PM »
As Amfy said cross city line is generally fine for Sat/Sunday 3 or 4pms.

Would never bother with it midweek as they go half hour after half 7 so bit of a nightmare if you don't leave early. That said given you're going south from Aston it should be a little better as you also get the Walsall trains heading to New Street.

If you have to park I'd say Star City. Free and plenty of spaces. Bit of a trek but then to me a mildly long walk is part of the matchday experience. Always surprised me the club have never run shuttle services from Star City.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2018, 10:24:46 PM »
I decided to do the train for the stoke game for the first time in ages and with my 6 year old daughter. The weather was biblical and the queue for the train back was massive but they have event staff on hand to keep in moving and I was waiting no more than 10-15 mins max and got in a train with plenty of carriages and seats. I live in Redditch and found most people got off at New St so it’ll be even more relaxed to Alvechurch once you get on.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal