collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 12:05:40 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Monty
[Today at 12:05:21 PM]

Champions League Contention by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 12:04:52 PM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 12:03:25 PM]

Robin Olsen by Neil Hawkes
[Today at 11:57:36 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:43:43 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Mister E
[Today at 11:34:56 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by Nev
[Today at 11:16:38 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Central news tossers  (Read 2565 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Central news tossers
« on: May 28, 2019, 06:00:42 PM »
I am not downplaying how shit it is that some of our wanker fans threw stuff at that derby coach, it was disgusting.

But, do central news REALLY have to have it as the main headline story rather than the promotion story?

Yet again, local media prefers to demonise the area it serves rather than celebrate it.

Online wince

Re: Central news tossers
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 06:04:06 PM »
We made national news on the bbc this morning and we headlined on a few papers. With brexit boredom it is a slow day at the local news. It seems that we are rather despised by quite a few...

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 06:04:13 PM »
I'd imagine their lead story a few months ago was Paul Mitchell not that we won the game.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 09:39:14 PM »
The real tossers are the bottle throwing simpletons.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 09:41:21 PM »
I am not downplaying how shit it is that some of our wanker fans threw stuff at that derby coach, it was disgusting.

But, do central news REALLY have to have it as the main headline story rather than the promotion story?

Yet again, local media prefers to demonise the area it serves rather than celebrate it.
What do you expect with a wanker like Bob Warman?

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 09:54:58 PM »

What do you expect with a wanker like Bob Warman?
bob warman must be nearly 100 now. He was on there when I was a kid and I’m no spring chicken these days.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 09:59:49 PM »
I'd rather the dickheads hadn't thrown the bottles, tbh.

All that really irritated me with the Central News coverage was when they said that Villa fans had started a crowdfunder to refund the coach money but then finished with "but less than 10% of the funds have been raised", as if to say that Villa fans are all uncaring bastards rather than because the game was only yesterday and the Crowdfunder had only just started up when they went live!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 10:03:50 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Confusious says

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 10:03:24 PM »
Hope the Police catch & lock up mindless culprits, but Yes it’s about time Warman retired who only reads what is in front of him. The real substance comes from editor & news researchers which as it is Central news is surprising that they lead with it, you may have thought that they would lead with the more positive event of promotion then add the coach after. The Crowdfunding to pay for damage & Derby fans cost of travel is what genuine Villa fans will do to help restore our good reputation I for one have donated

Offline KRS

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 10:39:44 PM »
Checked the JustGiving page about an hour ago and approx £4500 had been raised so far which is just shy of 20% of the overly exaggerated total of £25k. As Risso (I think) suggested, this should be close enough to reimburse the Derby fans on the coach and any associated insurance costs. Regardless, those responsible are a disgrace and you also have to ask questions of the route choice of the coach company given that these areas were well publicised before the game (it could have been easily avoided rather than an excuse for the behaviour of those responsible).

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 11:41:00 PM »
Central News is the TV embodiment of the Evening Mail, and Radio WM for that matter. In short, they’re utter shit and not worth bothering with.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2019, 12:16:37 AM »
Whether Central News were right to show it is beside the point.  There were women & children on that coach and the real uproar should be concerning the drunken idiots who threw the bottles.  I've just watched a video taken from inside the coach and I'm so angry that those people were subjected to such a reckless and totally pointless attack.  Nobody should have to put up with that just because they support another football team. 

I saw exactly the same thing happen to a Fulham bus in exactly the same spot last season.  I was on the other side of the road, heading towards the ground and had to dodge stray cans and bottles that had flown over the bus.  One or two other Villa fans actually got hit by them.

I hope the people who threw those bottles watch the video and listen to the little boy crying.  In the cold light of day, now that they are sober, they will hopefully feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves.  I know every team has idiots but can you imagine the meltdown on here if it had been Blues doing it to one of our coaches?  It was a sickening act and has certainly taken the edge off the celebrations for me.

Offline KRS

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2019, 12:40:10 AM »
What time did this incident happen? I was walking up to the Green Man from the outlet and through the green just before midday, and it was very busy with a good atmosphere. I didn’t see many Derby fans on my journey to or from Wembley, and didn’t see any trouble at all.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 12:41:43 AM by KRS »

Online bill

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 12:48:34 AM »
I’ve just donated. Let’s do something to show a few mindless idiots are not representative of our club. Utter wankers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal