collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Re: Games Moved for TV by Vill I An
[Today at 03:26:17 PM]

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 03:25:16 PM]

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20 by Towser
[Today at 03:25:16 PM]

Re: Games Moved for TV by Vill I An
[Today at 03:23:12 PM]

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20 by London Villan
[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20 by Clampy
[Today at 03:20:36 PM]

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20 by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 03:17:09 PM]

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 03:16:12 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sunderland Till I Die Documentary’  (Read 8299 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Sunderland Till I Die Documentary’
« on: December 14, 2018, 11:26:50 PM »
Launched on Netflix today.  I’m really enjoying it so far.  The 2nd episode ends with them trying to sign McCaramac off us on the last day of the window last season but they look as if they couldn’t believe the wages he was on hence it falling through at 11pm.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 15.06.2020
Re: Sunderland Till I Die Documentary’
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 12:34:14 AM »
For some reason this docu about them had me searching the Premier passions series they did in the 90s when Peter Reid and his assistant Bobby Saxon swore their way through halftime team talks.

Just watched the first one, actually covers a game against us in the last five minutes.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 10:46:06 PM »
Our old friend Darren England gives a goal then runs to his Lino and guess what disallows it!  This sent them down.

Offline Seb_AVFC

• Belgian Villains
  • GM : 21.05.2021
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 10:50:42 PM »
Well at least their recruitment team suggested to bring Ibrahimovic in on loan (and Asley Westwood).

Mind you it could have been us this Summer...

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 11:06:35 PM »
Chris Coleman comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke. He got sacked but took time to text ordinary members of staff like the two chefs to thank them and calling them great people.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 03:12:03 AM »
Yeah, he does. Couldn't believe the mutant trying to fight him in the car park. What is wrong with people? A couple of others came across well, notably the player they had on loan from Palace and the young kid who obviously loves the club.

Enjoyed the series, albeit it brought back a few unpleasant memories of trips to Villa Park and elsewhere in the last few years. I can sympathise as many elements mirrored our recent failures.

Sunderland fans always seem a reasonable bunch, the odd mutant notwithstanding. They seem a bit like us, loyal, put upon, fairly self-deprecating. Not like their neighbours who take themselves very seriously indeed.

Oh, and Jack Rodwell makes Micah Richards and Stephen Ireland seem dedicated.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 03:14:57 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline darren woolley

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 11:15:04 AM »
I will have to watch this.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 02:27:16 PM »
I found myself thinking that anyone who thinks we are fickle should watch that documentary.

I know they've not had the best of times in recent years, but at the drop of a hat, they're all doing that fist shakig, booing, walking out thing.

I also found myself wondering how come they report such good attendances as the ground looked near empty in most of the sequences shown in matches.

Finally, found myself thinking what a good player Lewis Grabban is.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 02:54:12 PM »
I think quite a lot of creative licence was taken, some of the booing, angry gesticulating and yourenotfittoweartheshirting was recycled. You could sometimes see them losing an away game then the footage would jump to a load of angry Sunderland fans at the Stadium of Light.

Online Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 03:23:56 PM »
Blitzed through the whole thing on a sick day yesterday and really enjoyed watching, despite feeling the same consistent low-level anxiety that Dunkirk gave me.

Gives a really good insight into the inner workings of modern football.

I've always had pleasant experiences when visiting the Stadium of Light, couldn't help but feel sorry for the buggers.

Had to wonder how the documentary would have turned out last season if they'd filmed us instead!

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 06.02.2021
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 09:53:35 AM »
I thought Coleman, Symonds and the CEO came across very well, especially given the circumstances they found themselves in. I don’t know if Grayson was uncomfortable with the camera around or he really did lack any kind of charisma whatsoever.

It was watchable but I don’t think it went deep enough in exploring the interesting stuff, Gibson, Grabban situations and McGeady evidently not rating Coleman was only skirted over. Also Ellis Short only appeared for about three seconds.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2018, 11:36:15 AM »
I thought Coleman, Symonds and the CEO came across very well, especially given the circumstances they found themselves in. I don’t know if Grayson was uncomfortable with the camera around or he really did lack any kind of charisma whatsoever.

It was watchable but I don’t think it went deep enough in exploring the interesting stuff, Gibson, Grabban situations and McGeady evidently not rating Coleman was only skirted over. Also Ellis Short only appeared for about three seconds.

To be fair I think Ellis Short only appeared at the club for about three seconds in the last year of his ownership. Randy MkII.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2018, 05:09:16 PM »
I quite enjoyed it but there were uncomfortable similarities with us.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2018, 09:32:37 PM »
I'm in the middle of episode 7. I paused to come on here and mark how much I enjoyed Grabban's good old fashioned sticking it to the booing hordes with the cup of the ear to his old fans. It's very route one, and very childish but so is a group of old-enough-to-know-betters screaming blue genocide at a footballer who played in front of them for half a season.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 09:33:30 PM »
I found myself thinking that anyone who thinks we are fickle should watch that documentary.

I know they've not had the best of times in recent years, but at the drop of a hat, they're all doing that fist shakig, booing, walking out thing.

I also found myself wondering how come they report such good attendances as the ground looked near empty in most of the sequences shown in matches.

Finally, found myself thinking what a good player Lewis Grabban is.

I thought that about the F word yesterday.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal