collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:34:14 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:26:17 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:22:21 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 03:20:13 PM]

Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 03:10:44 PM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 03:07:15 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Drummond
[Today at 02:58:40 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by jon collett
[Today at 02:13:38 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:34:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by maidstonevillain
[Today at 03:33:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 03:30:25 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:26:17 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Ducksworthy
[Today at 03:24:46 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:24:01 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 03:23:25 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by usav
[Today at 03:23:10 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cheating Bastards vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 34471 times)

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Cheating Bastards vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2018, 10:32:58 PM »
I still think we can win this league.
However, we must get  6 points from the next 2 games.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2018, 10:34:15 PM »
Fuck off blaming Nyland when that ****** cheats.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2018, 10:34:35 PM »
4 will be fine when you see our January and February fixtures.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2018, 10:36:19 PM »
It’s all very well complaining about the handball but Nyland has once again cost us by trying to fcukin catch a ball at waist height instead of trying to punch.  He’s a fcukin liability.  Bruce’s last joke on us.

Yeah, I imagine he's chuckling away whilst stroking his cat and planning to steak the moon.

And counting his millions whilst eating a family platter of pork pies

He actually anticipated the West Brom player would cheat and let him do it. He's worse than Hitler.

I don't think the original comment was meant to be taken as literal.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2018, 10:36:28 PM »
If Nyland was even halfway competent then the chance doesn't arise.  Weak and timid.  Two very undesirable traits in a goalie. 

Online john2710

« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2018, 10:36:45 PM »
That ****** Rodriguez has cheated before,  shoild have won. There's nothing to fear over the second half of the season.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2018, 10:37:33 PM »
Abraham's miss could be as seminal as Whelan's missed pen.

Send a video of it on repeat to Chelski. It should be sufficient to persuade them that Abraham isn't worth recalling.

We need him more than they do and despite tonight's howler he'll win games for us as the season progresses.

That said, our problems are defensive, not offensive. In Smith we trust.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2018, 10:39:11 PM »
No chance of going up with the weak as water Nyland in goal.  The lad is just rubbish.

he is just dreadful, soft as shit for that "goal" at end. take man ball and all ffs

we miss Johnstone something awful to be honest

was thinking at 2-1 up, we had made them look very average, the only moments of danger were Chester's brainfart and that throw in that bounced twice in our box

Abraham missed enough to win 2 games, keep that performance level up and we will easily make play offs

Nyland 4 - not good enough, far too soft, needs replacing urgently
Hutton 7 - unlucky for first goal, made some excellent blocks and did well on left
Tuanzebe 8 - used ball very well and stepped out of the back well all night
Chester 7 - one of his best performances of late, but then a mad moment near end coming for a header and ball bounced over him
Taylor 6 (Elmo 7), Bar a stupid free kick before half time Taylor was solid again until injury, Elmo was very good when he came on at right back and is having a fine season
El Ghazi 8 - mixed in first half but brilliant in second half with an outstanding goal
Hourihane 7 - solid performance again, has started passing the ball with his right foot which is positive
McGinn 9 - outstanding throughout, best player on park by a distance I thought
Grealish 7 (Whelan 6) - quiet in first half but improved in second, good that we arent as completely reliant on him, Whelan competed fine when he came in
Bolasie 7 (Kodjia 5) - similar to Grealish improved after half time, put a goal on a plate for Abraham that should have finished the game, Kodjia was lively when he came on I thought but failing to make an effort to track run at end was crucial, drifting out of contention
Abraham 6 - cant fault his hold up play or movement tonight, its vastly improved, had a shocker in front of goal unfortunately
Apart from perhaps giving Tammy a 'foive',I think you've nailed it with the marks and comments.'Strictly' or 'X factor'  next ,sir.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2018, 10:40:33 PM »
Strengthen in January, and we are nearly there now, and we will be even better.  Fantastic to see El Ghazi and Bolasie playing so well.  They offer us loads going forward and with an ever improving Albert to come back, we are in great shape.  Even if we only bring a keeper in, I reckon we will be fine.

Offline Lion4Life

« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2018, 10:40:51 PM »
We have to look at the positives. Albion have been a bigger and better club for a decade now and to squeeze a point at their place is a step forward for us.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2018, 10:41:11 PM »
Only just got out. I was hoping to see them lift the cup after beating us 2-2.

First time I've been hit by a bottle as well. Sad, sad, cheating c***s.

Should have been 3 or 4 tonight. I appreciate you saying you've got to take your chances, but you've got to have confidence that the officials can spot the blatantly obvious.

Atrocious.
.after the cup game a couple of years ago I came across about 20 of them at snow hill.   Did they want a tear up. .  Did they fuck.   Walkers.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2018, 10:41:57 PM »
Just left work and saw the result - didn’t see the game (so perhaps not feeling the frustration after the incident at the end) but if you had offered me 11 points from 15 four games back I’d have snapped your arm off - 4 from the next 2 and that’s championship winning form (and those were reputedly difficult).

We will be fine - January and February will see us play a host of teams we will beat and that will set us up nicely for the run home (with 3 or 4 new signings to boot).

Happy days :)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2018, 10:42:15 PM »
No chance of going up with the weak as water Nyland in goal.  The lad is just rubbish.

he is just dreadful, soft as shit for that "goal" at end. take man ball and all ffs

was thinking at 2-1 up, we had made them look very average, the only moments of danger were Chester's brainfart and that throw in that bounced twice in our box

Abraham missed enough to win 2 games, keep that performance level up and we will easily make play offs

Hutton 7 - unlucky for first goal, made some excellent blocks and did well on left
Chester 7 - one of his best performances of late, but then a mad moment near end coming for a header and ball bounced over him
Taylor 6 (Elmo 7), Bar a stupid free kick before half time Taylor was solid again until injury, Elmo was very good when he came on at right back and is having a fine season
El Ghazi 8 - mixed in first half but brilliant in second half with an outstanding goal
Hourihane 7 - solid performance again, has started passing the ball with his right foot which is positive
Grealish 7 (Whelan 6) - quiet in first half but improved in second, good that we arent as completely reliant on him, Whelan competed fine when he came in
Bolasie 7 (Kodjia 5) - similar to Grealish improved after half time, put a goal on a plate for Abraham that should have finished the game, Kodjia was lively when he came on I thought but failing to make an effort to track run at end was crucial, drifting out of contention
Abraham 6 - cant fault his hold up play or movement tonight, its vastly improved, had a shocker in front of goal unfortunately

I agree with nearly all of this.  Except, Kodjia played like some prima donna again where he doesn't want to track back, gave the ball away softly a couple of times, tried to take them on all by himself.  Personally, I'd try and swap him in January.  He's just not a team player.  I wish he was because he could be brilliant.

I agree with nearly all of this.  Except, Kodjia played like some prima donna again where he doesn't want to track back, gave the ball away softly a couple of times, tried to take them on all by himself.  Personally, I'd try and swap him in January.  He's just not a team player.  I wish he was because he could be brilliant.

Agreed, Ive been on for getting rid of Kodjia for some time. Adamoah comes back from injury and he is a more likely player to get game time on the wing.

Swapping him for that left back at Sheff Wed, Matt Penney, wouldnt be the worst business.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2018, 10:42:20 PM »
We have to look at the positives. Albion have been a bigger and better club for a decade now and to squeeze a point at their place is a step forward for us.

No they have not.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2018, 10:43:41 PM »

Decidedly stripey stench about this one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal