collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 04:49:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 04:49:27 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 04:47:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 04:47:48 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Jane
[Today at 04:47:05 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:46:48 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[Today at 04:46:11 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Bernie
[Today at 04:45:49 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fan Consultation Group  (Read 12978 times)

Offline frank black

Re: Fan Consultation Group
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 09:40:53 PM »
4g EE please

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2018, 09:41:14 PM »
Is the modest Sky live revenue worth pissing off fans on a regular basis? There are other teams they can pick more frequently!!

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2018, 10:31:38 PM »

But one thing that really annoys me (and I appreciate some will see this as a minor point) is the fact that you are still not allowed to keep the top on your bottle of water or pop, so instead have to constantly hold it, without a lid. Upon entering VP this season my 9 year old son had a bottle of water taken from his back pack and the lid removed (rendering it worthless unless he wanted to down it in one or hold it all afternoon).

I took this up with the steward who said it’s in case the full bottle gets used as a missile! FFS it’s no longer the 80s, and this was the North Stand upper! And I can vouch from experience that most other clubs no longer enforce this rule.

They have answered this at a previous meeting and it only applies to ‘single use’ bottles. Hence the anomaly of being able to take a heavy flask in, but not be able to keep a lid on a small bottle of coke. The thought process is that people are less likely to throw items which have cost a bit more and they would like to use again. So - apart from the previous suggestion that people have made of taking your own lid and keeping it elsewhere on entry, which always has the off chance of being found, the approved solution is to bring a re-usable plastic bottle - the kind kids have in their lunch box or you use in the gym. Those are allowed and you are welcome to transfer any drink into them.

You can say it’s not the 80s - but sadly the type of shitty behaviour that put these daft rules there in the first place does seem to be on the rise again unfortunately.

Offline nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2018, 10:36:38 PM »
I echo the frustrations around catering, and every customer being served (painfully slowly) by two staff members.

But one thing that really annoys me (and I appreciate some will see this as a minor point) is the fact that you are still not allowed to keep the top on your bottle of water or pop, so instead have to constantly hold it, without a lid. Upon entering VP this season my 9 year old son had a bottle of water taken from his back pack and the lid removed (rendering it worthless unless he wanted to down it in one or hold it all afternoon).

I took this up with the steward who said it’s in case the full bottle gets used as a missile! FFS it’s no longer the 80s, and this was the North Stand upper! And I can vouch from experience that most other clubs no longer enforce this rule.

I could never understand how they’d take the top off your bottle of pop but you could take a scalding hot flask of coffee in.

Edit: just read Amfy’s post
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 10:49:37 PM by nodge »

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2018, 10:44:23 PM »
FFP- What happens if we miss out again?

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2018, 11:20:02 PM »
Can we jet wash the North and paint the train station?

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2018, 12:58:38 AM »
Another one banging the drum ref catering in the Upper Doug.

What review is undertaken with the supplier or internally if not outsourced regarding the catering provision? Surely they can’t see it as a successful operation when many potential customers just can’t be bothered to spend the money they were willing to?  1) the range of goods is underwhelming 2) the kids behind the counter in the main have absolutely nothing going on betw the ears whilst serving, appreciate that it is minimum wage but surely there is a standard expected beyond just turning up 3) the concourse is obv very congested have any efforts been put in to investigate some type of snaked barriers to give the queue some order and allow others to move past the queue 4) on a similar note there are loads of stewards in the stand before the game / half time might it be useful to deploy some of them moving people away from catering outlets once they have purchased.

Also, 4g - talking to some seems Vodafone is ok, I know O2 is pointless even taking phone in - any plans to bring others on board?

Sign we won one...had to find something to moan at :-)

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2018, 03:01:48 AM »
WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF OPENING THE LIONS BAR ??? HAD GREAT TIMES IN THERE FOR YEARS. WE ARE SIMPLY GIVING MONEY TO THE OTHER LOCAL PUBS WHICH ARE TOTALLY RAMMED MATCHDAY ???

Online FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2018, 06:18:37 AM »

What review is undertaken with the supplier or internally if not outsourced regarding the catering provision? Surely they can’t see it as a successful operation when many potential customers just can’t be bothered to spend the money they were willing to?  1) the range of goods is underwhelming 2) the kids behind the counter in the main have absolutely nothing going on betw the ears whilst serving, appreciate that it is minimum wage but surely there is a standard expected beyond just turning up 3) the concourse is obv very congested have any efforts been put in to investigate some type of snaked barriers to give the queue some order and allow others to move past the queue 4) on a similar note there are loads of stewards in the stand before the game / half time might it be useful to deploy some of them moving people away from catering outlets once they have purchased.

Also, 4g - talking to some seems Vodafone is ok, I know O2 is pointless even taking phone in - any plans to bring others on board?

If they poured a load of pints of beer 10 minutes before half time , you wouldn't have to wait for ages in the queue . I am sure it would speed up the operation , and it's a simple thing to do.

Offline Archie

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2018, 08:40:37 AM »
Thank you Dave for this opportunity.
The latin Lions, which I represent, would be happy to restore the great old tradition of the player of the year award.
At the end of the season, in occasion of the last home match, each fansclub that was interested to do it was allowed to present the players that were internally nominated with the player of the year and the young player of the year award (normally a plaque with the name of the players and the logo of the fans club).   
Thanks.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2018, 09:31:12 AM »

Oi, we're actually quite clean up here you know!

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2018, 11:17:39 AM »
Another one for new owners same question slot,

My daughter bought me a "paving slab" for my fiftieth. On recent inspection the writing is indecipherable along with about a dozen others. Will these be repaired Or replaced

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2018, 11:33:07 AM »
The North Stand desperately needs re-building. Jet washing it would probably dislodge the tatty concrete facade. When you say the train station I assume you mean the road bridge at witton? That certainly is in a sorry state.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 11:35:48 AM by The Edge »

Offline stuart445

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2018, 10:16:24 AM »

If they poured a load of pints of beer 10 minutes before half time , you wouldn't have to wait for ages in the queue . I am sure it would speed up the operation , and it's a simple thing to do.

This is probably the only way to do it, when I attend Wasps games they have 3 people taking the orders whilst a whole load of people are just pouring the beers not to order just pouring one after another so when you order the beer is already there. Its real ale that I get there though so I'm not sure how it'll work with lager regarding them going warm etc but I can't see anything else working as the queues go down extremely rapidly at the Wasps in my experience

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2018, 10:58:52 AM »
When i was at Ashes in 2007 in both MCG & SCG they would have plasic glasses under about 10 pumps so one person would pull them
and another staff member would just transfer to sales area where they would be continually being moved by servers. Moved long queues
through in minutes.
Have seen over here since so quite simple to implement

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal