collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Bolton Wanderers: Post-Match Thread  (Read 15235 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Aston Villa vs Bolton Wanderers: Post-Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2018, 10:38:22 PM »
Comfortable enough win in the end. Really we should've scored more when you look at some of the positions we got into.

Aswell as a new keeper in January we also could do with some new fullbacks as the amount of times Hutton got in a good area and then shanked a cross...

McGinn was superb. Going to be a key player under Smith I think. Our version of Woods.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2018, 10:44:04 PM »
Great result, very happy. On a side note if anyone is reading this who backed me up when some of “our” idiots started singing f#%k the pope on the Lichfield train just, thank you. As a Catholic, not a very good one, but as a Catholic I won’t listen to that shite & I won’t be bullied, so again thanks. UTV

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2018, 10:44:26 PM »
Well done lads, we (and I) needed that result.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2018, 10:46:51 PM »
Super Jack! We have a baby due in December, he's in serious danger of being christened Jack!

Don't call him Nyland or you'll keep dropping him on the floor

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2018, 10:48:30 PM »
Why would anyone be singing about the Pope? Doubt any have ever been to Bolton.

Hourihane is a passenger, the two Scottish lads play at 100 mph all the time, McGinn at least has talent, just needs to be more composed. Kodjia is a nightmare to watch and Nyland is still not inspiring much confidence.
Seeing who we have in our next six games, if we're still only four points off the play-offs we'll be doing OK given what we have and the time Dean has had.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2018, 10:51:31 PM »
Plenty of positives tonight. Axel was very good. Bolasie was exciting when he came on.

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2018, 10:52:03 PM »
I have no idea why they would sing it, maybe they think it’s ok because Poppy Day & remeberance sunday? Which is just ridiculous. But they did and I had to say something. Only young 18 or so, but just really stupid & insulting

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2018, 10:52:57 PM »
Hourihane played o.k for me (other than attempting to shoot from 20 yards which he was hopeless at). At least he moves the ball quickly which would be the main problem if we went back to playing Jedinak or Whelan.

McGinn-Hourihane/Bjarni is probably our best bet up to January although not sure how well defensively it will hold up against the better teams.

Offline john2710

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2018, 10:57:51 PM »
Our main problem is that we are nowhere near clinical enough. We get into so many good situations that never end up with a shot on target due to sloppiness. How many saves do the opposition keepers make.

Couple this with our difficulties dealing with crosses & that's mainly why we are where we are.

The standard of football is already way better that what proceeded under Bruce. I trust the new management team to get these issues sorted over the next couple of months.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2018, 11:05:19 PM »
Great result, very happy. On a side note if anyone is reading this who backed me up when some of “our” idiots started singing f#%k the pope on the Lichfield train just, thank you. As a Catholic, not a very good one, but as a Catholic I won’t listen to that shite & I won’t be bullied, so again thanks. UTV

Fucking wankers. I heard there was a mob singing ‘oh Tommy, Tommy’ (you know the rest) at Millwall.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2018, 11:16:31 PM »
A comfortable win in the end. I thought Tuanzebe was excellent and MotM tonight.  Shame he is not our player. We are a bit of nothing team at the moment and still  prone to long periods of mediocrity. Smith will sort this in time.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 11:19:11 PM by olaftab »

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2018, 11:22:33 PM »

Fucking wankers. I heard there was a mob singing ‘oh Tommy, Tommy’ (you know the rest) at Millwall.

Yes they are. I really don’t understand it. I’m no snowflake, I’m 47, thought we had left this bollocks behind. Idiots, I don’t think they know what they were singing & the offence it can cause. They probably think they are proper footy lads or some shit. Just took some of the pleasure away from tonight, ah well Up the Villa

Online SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2018, 11:33:32 PM »
2-0 win.
Could have had a few more.
Clean sheet.
No bookings.
Work in progress continues.
Good start to the weekend.
Onwards and upwards.

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2018, 11:53:47 PM »
Super Jack! We have a baby due in December, he's in serious danger of being christened Jack!

Don't call him Nyland or you'll keep dropping him on the floor
I think Jack needs to take him up to Warwickshire GAA - The man needs to learn how to field a high ball!

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2018, 11:54:56 PM »
Well done Villa boys and Deano. A very welcome 3 points. Onwards and upwards hopefully. UTV!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal