collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread  (Read 316606 times)

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
Re: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread
« Reply #255 on: December 03, 2018, 02:48:17 PM »
I reckon a few texts from JT might persuade his old club to let us have Hudson Odoi either on loan or to buy him outright.
He's stalling on a new contract at the moment because he wants more playing time.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2018, 03:05:17 PM »
Heaten
McKenna
Matty Targett on Loan

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #257 on: December 03, 2018, 03:30:35 PM »
Not sure why people keep talking about a Hourihane replacement. We don't need one. We need the defence sorting and another striker if Abraham goes back to Chelski. No point loading up with Championship players in January when we're going to the Premier League next season!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #258 on: December 03, 2018, 04:00:34 PM »
How many spaces do we have left in our squad list submitted at the start of the season? We must be close to our full quota meaning we'll also have to get rid of players.

We're bloated in certain areas such as CM and RB. Can't see Bree or Lansbury getting much of a look in once fit, I imagine  Bree would have interest from other teams for a loan deal as his salary is affordable and he's still young and likely to improve. Henri is one of the highest paid midfielders in the league and likely not as motivated to try get a game elsewhere.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #259 on: December 03, 2018, 04:01:25 PM »
Surely this Chelsea recall option on Tammy is a load of bollocks?

All the talk last summer was of us not taking the short term view again and having to rebuild from scratch when loans expire. In fact, I’m sure I recall talk of us negotiating options to buy Abraham and Bolasie when their loans expire (probably dependant upon promotion, admittedly).

I just fail to believe we’d have accepted an agreement that gives them a recall option in January, thus leaving us back to square one.

We had similar rumours last January regarding Snodgrass once Moyes had taken the WHU job and expressed an interest in having him back. Turned out there was no such option available to him.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 04:11:16 PM by Marlon From Bearwood »

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #260 on: December 03, 2018, 04:08:58 PM »
I reckon a few texts from JT might persuade his old club to let us have Hudson Odoi either on loan or to buy him outright.
He's stalling on a new contract at the moment because he wants more playing time.

He looked a magnificent player in the week but I dont suppose its a position we are going to prioritise, at least not this season.

Also, haven't we used up all our loans?

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #261 on: December 03, 2018, 04:28:55 PM »
We think you can loan as many as you like, but there's a limit (5?) on how many you can name in your matchday 18.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #262 on: December 03, 2018, 05:02:35 PM »
There's as much chance of Chelsea recalling Abraham as there was of getting 15 million quid for Chester in the summer.

Imo.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #263 on: December 03, 2018, 05:18:11 PM »
How many spaces do we have left in our squad list submitted at the start of the season? We must be close to our full quota meaning we'll also have to get rid of players.

We're bloated in certain areas such as CM and RB. Can't see Bree or Lansbury getting much of a look in once fit, I imagine  Bree would have interest from other teams for a loan deal as his salary is affordable and he's still young and likely to improve. Henri is one of the highest paid midfielders in the league and likely not as motivated to try get a game elsewhere.

As far as I can see there's no limit to the squad size in the championship.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #264 on: December 03, 2018, 07:31:14 PM »
Played under Dean Smith twice , first at Walsall and then signed for Brentford.
I give you Rico Henry.
Plays as a left back for Brentford.
He is a product of the Walsall academy and is a current England U20 international

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #265 on: December 03, 2018, 09:33:37 PM »
if we go up that Ramsey’s out of contract at Arsenal looking for a home
he’d be a Smith type of player

Seen rumours linking him to Juventus.  Not sure we can compete at that level just yet!!

I’ve always had a problem overreaching

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #266 on: December 03, 2018, 09:48:37 PM »
I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate!

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #267 on: December 03, 2018, 10:36:49 PM »
James McCarthy at Everton worth a shout as holding midfielder? Nearly back to fitness, might still get back in there ahead of Gueye but needs a run of games after his injuries.

Offline Villatillidie25

« Reply #268 on: December 03, 2018, 10:43:52 PM »
James McCarthy at Everton worth a shout as holding midfielder? Nearly back to fitness, might still get back in there ahead of Gueye but needs a run of games after his injuries.

He’s more box to box isn’t he although granted DS doesn’t really go for the kante/makelele type holding midfielder.
I think an upgrade on the full backs would make a huge difference to us but I’d only bother with right back if we shifted bree out on loan so I probably would prioritise left back.
Centre back we need someone to replace axel given that he’s going to go back to United in the summer. I’d then look for a really mobile athletic defensive midfielder - there’s a couple knocking around in France if we could wrestle them away.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #269 on: December 03, 2018, 10:49:50 PM »

He’s more box to box isn’t he although granted DS doesn’t really go for the kante/makelele type holding midfielder.
I think an upgrade on the full backs would make a huge difference to us but I’d only bother with right back if we shifted bree out on loan so I probably would prioritise left back.
Centre back we need someone to replace axel given that he’s going to go back to United in the summer. I’d then look for a really mobile athletic defensive midfielder - there’s a couple knocking around in France if we could wrestle them away.

Certainly wouldn't be a playmaker anyway if that's what Smith is looking for. Many the game for Ireland the likes of Whelan and himself would turn their backs on their centre backs. Good athlete at his best and well able to press opponents. Not really box to box, rare enough he would score or create that I can recall.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal