collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Norwich City vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 20855 times)

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
Re: Norwich City vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2018, 10:28:33 PM »
I subscribe to the Clough-Taylor feeling on goalkeepers - the right one gets you ten points a season. We don't have the right one.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2018, 10:32:17 PM »
Hutton has run out of steam and needs replacing but that is/was just one of a number of problems.
A lot wrong tonight

Right back is the one position we have options though.

Elmo - the solid option and decent defensively and in the air.

Bree - promise going forward and on the ball, crap defensively though, particularly in the air.

Hutton was our best full back last season but its a season too far, also see Jedinak, Whelan and Kodjia.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2018, 10:34:15 PM »
I would start to ease Bree into the team. Yeah, not great defensively, but our crossing is lacking and goals make any side look more than the sum of its parts.

Online ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2018, 10:34:42 PM »
All doom and gloom but until the injuries came we were on top, Hogan and El Ghazi were shocking and that told the story of the game our shape went because those two didn't or couldn't tackle ,chase or cover.
Hogan is a one dimensional player anywhere outside the penalty box he gives nothing, El Ghazi just looked lost.
We have some poor players Taylor didn't do a lot wrong but never looks comfortable on the ball, Hutton has had his day and Bree should be given his chance, as others have mentioned tonight will have shown Smith more than if we had scraped a win.
I think we will see a lot of players moved on in January.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2018, 10:36:20 PM »
Can anyone explain to me how Scott Hogan is still a professional footballer. Honest to god, the kid does absolutely nothing. Can't come back and get the ball to build up, can't run on to a ball, can't shoot from distance, can't receive a pass. What the hell has he done to get ahead of Kodjia? I don't care if it's his first action of the year, it's been consistently poor form for as long as I can remember. I hope that smith doesn't think he can still get something out of him.

El Ghazi.. is.. terrible. Just a truly terrible player. He dresses and walks the part, but when it comes to actually beating a defender off the dribble, being quick in possession or playing a ball a cross he just can't do it. Not in this league, and definitely not in the PL. He takes the most laboring, slow steps when he approaches a defender. He looks painfully slow for someone who is supposed to be a tricky, skilled winger. No need for him, send him back to France.

Whelan needs to just be bombsquaded. He's the dCM that it supposed to sure things up when your up 1-0 and I feel like instead he invites pressure and we inevitably fail miserably. He's old, he's slow, he's past it. He doesn't advance the ball. We don't need a shield for the back four when we're playing 5 midfielders. He brings nothing to the game. He'll break up play maybe two times a game.. and quite frankly after the missed pen he's not the type of player I want on the pitch.. ever.

Nyland is soft. I'm sorry, the second goal might've been a tough save but damn I'm sure Johnstone would've at least gotten down for it. I just don't like him, he doesn't inspire confidence.

I'm not mad at Hourihane, I just think he's an average player that is always trying hard to show that flash in the pan.

And lastly, Jack Fucking Grealish. What do you do jack? What exactly does jack do? Well, Jack does jack. Instead of CONSTANTLY initiating contact can you just get beyond a defender. Can ya shoot the damn ball? Can you slot in a pass to a slashing forward. He should be galloping through this league. Instead, he's rolling around in the grass with no ACTUAL urgency to get a goal.

Norwich might be in decent form atm, but that team is trash. It's almost comical that our squad cannot get results against some of these championship clubs. We should be running over teams.. Bruce, Smith whoever is in the box.

I have faith in Dean, but my god our players have to have some gumption to go out and do a freakin job.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2018, 10:36:23 PM »
The problem with moving players on is the lack of realistic buyers

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2018, 10:39:42 PM »
I agree with that point about Norwich being in good form. I've literally only heard of Jordan Rhodes in that side - the core of a side which made the play-off final last season should be pissing all over them.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2018, 10:40:38 PM »
The problem with moving players on is the lack of realistic buyers

True.  And the fact that so many of them are on very decent money and won't want to take the hit.  At least Jedinak, Whelan and Hutton are out of contract in the summer. 

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2018, 10:41:26 PM »
And Micah.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2018, 10:42:32 PM »
And Micah.

Very true!! Plenty of FFP dosh right there.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2018, 10:46:41 PM »
Tuanzebe was very good tonight, encouraging. I can't see why O'Hare is ignored - surely he'd add a bit more flair to the midfield?

I dont see Smith ignoring the likes of O'Hare and Doyle-Hayes for much longer.

There are big changes imminent in our squad I expect.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2018, 10:49:16 PM »
Those younger players will be blooded and no mistake. If the first team can't play the way Smith wants then a younger, more malleable footballer will become a better option.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2018, 10:49:43 PM »
Given the injuries there must be a chance for O'Hare to come into the squad on Friday

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2018, 10:51:36 PM »
Those younger players will be blooded and no mistake. If the first team can't play the way Smith wants then a younger, more malleable footballer will become a better option.

100%

Can't wait for it honestly.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2018, 10:55:13 PM »

100%

Can't wait for it honestly.

Same here. In fact I’d take another season in this shit league

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal