collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522229 times)

Offline Rudy65

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #12090 on: April 11, 2021, 04:08:36 PM »
Smith was a tactical genius when we tonked Liverpool 7-2.

Now he's the village idiot when we lose at their place to a last minute shot with our best player out injured.

We haven’t played well since NYD. There doesn’t to be any plan or tactics and going forward we look clueless. It cant continue

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #12091 on: April 11, 2021, 05:54:00 PM »

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #12092 on: April 11, 2021, 05:55:37 PM »
Paddy Kenny?!?!? the fuck's it got to do with him?

it's just bollocks press talk

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #12093 on: April 11, 2021, 05:59:01 PM »
Why do people keep sharing made up clickbait shite.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #12094 on: April 11, 2021, 06:00:04 PM »
Short of us losing every game to the end of the season there is not a chance in hell Dean Smith is getting fired. He comfortably has until Christmas and any kind of good start next season will likely give him the full season.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #12095 on: April 11, 2021, 06:01:40 PM »
Short of us losing every game to the end of the season there is not a chance in hell Dean Smith is getting fired. He comfortably has until Christmas and any kind of good start next season will likely give him the full season.
what about 6 games?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #12096 on: April 11, 2021, 06:58:13 PM »
Either he's just thick or they've written his quotes for him and paid him to sign off on them to be used that way.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #12097 on: April 11, 2021, 07:42:43 PM »
As Ads says I'd love to see whos behind footballinsider247. id put money on some shit stirring single prick in his basement. Simple answer don't click on clickbait shite and block them on Twatter.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #12098 on: April 11, 2021, 08:00:24 PM »
I imagine the goal the owners set this season was mid table comfort - which after last day survival is good progress. We will achieve that so job done.

Big summer ahead. I personally think Jack will leave but with the £100m from his tsfr plus another £100m from the owners we can sign 4-5 seriously talented first team players which means we will see the back of AEG, KD, NT, RB, etc.

Next season the target has to be top 8 - I think Dean deserves the chance to see if under his tenure the progress can continue.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #12099 on: April 11, 2021, 08:15:43 PM »
On paper, Dean Smith...

Promotion first time
Survival.
Mid table.

I think if we can keep the back 5 together and work on the centre midfield & wide areas then we should aim for top half next season.

We need more consistency and Dean needs to be more fluid and not stick to the same shape 99% of the time.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #12100 on: April 11, 2021, 08:17:54 PM »
That ‘Football Insider” couldn’t be more made up shite if it tried.

The trouble is, loads of people link and quote it as though it’s got some sort of credibility.

Noel Whelan has more validity than whoever that is.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #12101 on: April 11, 2021, 08:20:03 PM »
As Ads says I'd love to see whos behind footballinsider247. id put money on some shit stirring single prick in his basement. Simple answer don't click on clickbait shite and block them on Twatter.

They have two glassdoor reviews from former employees.

"AVOID AT ALL COSTS"
Former Employee - Content Writer in London, England, England
I worked at Football Insider full-time for less than a year
Pros
I am not sure there are many, if any at all.
Cons
Horrible working hours. No time for a lunch break in an 8 hour day otherwise employers will hound you. Nasty vibe and will not pay you anything in first 3 months if you decide to leave.
Advice to Management
Disgraceful and should be looked into soon.

"Avoid PLYP/Football Insider at all costs"
I worked at Football Insider for less than a year
Pros
There are none. Utterly atrocious company to work for. Lots of promises made but none kept.
Cons
Senior staff are unapproachable and will tell staff what they want to hear rather than tell the truth. Will avoid paying you what you are entitled to and rather than explaining the situation will block any attempts to make contact with them.
Advice to Management
Find a new line of work because you are clueless.

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Football-Insider-Reviews-E2388459.htm

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #12102 on: April 11, 2021, 08:48:36 PM »
Think talk of a top 6 finish next season is pretty optimistic.

We would have to sign even better than last summer to have a chance of that.

This season our backline bar the odd individual error has generally performed out of their skins yet you can't just assume it will be as good next season as we saw in 09/10 and then six months later we have one of worst defences in league even though it was pretty much the same players. This due to injuries, lack of motivation etc.

We need far more goal power in final third. You look at Saint Maximn coming on for Newcastle just now and turning a 1-0 into 1-2 in five minutes, we desperately need that type of player aswell as Grealish in the team.

Then top 6 is possible but not before. A backup striker DS can actually trust to bring on every game regardless of score or opposition is also very much needed.

Would be more than happy with 8th and a very good cup run next season. Lower than that and think ownership will then have decision to make.

Trezeguet did exactly this a week ago. Over their 2 seasons in the league S-M has 6 goals and 8 assists, Trez has 8 goals and 2 assists. That doesn't scream upgrade to me, particularly given the likely £40m-ish price tag.

Might just be me but when I watch likes of ASM and say Neto who's been mentioned in last week as an ambitious target I just think they're way better threats.

Yes El Ghazi had an excellent purple patch over xmas and we should be thankful for that as could still played part in us finishing top 10 but that's all it was. You wouldn't have known he was on the pitch last week v Fulham for example.

Trez works hard and I thought he was decent yesterday so has his uses for certain games in a season but again the other week v Spurs he just kept on making poor decisions once in final third.

Both have two years left on their deal now so we'll have to stick or twist on at least one of them.

We just need better out wide. I'm a Traore fan but he was awful yesterday aswell.

Think it will have to be the position we really up the stakes and potentially smash our club record and go big in 30-40m range to get a player more proven whereas with how well Ollie has done this year we can get in more of a development signing at CF to build up over the season.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #12103 on: April 11, 2021, 08:50:46 PM »
I imagine the goal the owners set this season was mid table comfort - which after last day survival is good progress. We will achieve that so job done.

Big summer ahead. I personally think Jack will leave but with the £100m from his tsfr plus another £100m from the owners we can sign 4-5 seriously talented first team players which means we will see the back of AEG, KD, NT, RB, etc.

Next season the target has to be top 8 - I think Dean deserves the chance to see if under his tenure the progress can continue.

Jack going now will simply leave too big a void to fill unless we get a couple of world class players in. We saw it all a decade ago when we replaced those leaving with relatively proven premier league players but it blew up in our faces.

Have to go all in to keep him for one more year. I think if we're not in europe in 12 months time he'll decide to leave so just got to sign more quality in final third and then we have no regrets if it dosen't work out.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #12104 on: April 11, 2021, 11:08:36 PM »
Might just be me but when I watch likes of ASM and say Neto who's been mentioned in last week as an ambitious target I just think they're way better threats.

Yes El Ghazi had an excellent purple patch over xmas and we should be thankful for that as could still played part in us finishing top 10 but that's all it was. You wouldn't have known he was on the pitch last week v Fulham for example.

Trez works hard and I thought he was decent yesterday so has his uses for certain games in a season but again the other week v Spurs he just kept on making poor decisions once in final third.

Both have two years left on their deal now so we'll have to stick or twist on at least one of them.

We just need better out wide. I'm a Traore fan but he was awful yesterday aswell.

Think it will have to be the position we really up the stakes and potentially smash our club record and go big in 30-40m range to get a player more proven whereas with how well Ollie has done this year we can get in more of a development signing at CF to build up over the season.

All true but you watch Villa for 90 minutes every game (I suspect) whereas you probably only see other teams here and there or on highlights. That has a massive bearing on how you view players. Aside from that you'll be more invested in Villa players so you'll celebrate the good things more but dwell on the negatives more as well. All of that combined means you're more likely to see faults in villa players than players from other clubs. All this means that unless a player is clearly brilliant (Grealish, Konsa, Martinez) we'll focus on the negatives far more than the positives a lot of the time.

I suspect there's plenty of Newcastle fans that rate ASM but wish he had more end product.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal