collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 601225 times)

Offline Chico Hamilton III

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #9600 on: July 16, 2020, 02:15:40 PM »
Heaton, Snodgrass, Elmo, Jedi, Chester, Albert, Kod are a few more.

Snodgrass aside, I'm not sure how much premier league experience this lot have? honestly haven't checked

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2021
« Reply #9601 on: July 16, 2020, 02:21:22 PM »
Well Heaton, Snodgrass, Elmo, Jedi and Chester had absolutely loads.  Albert and Kodjia hardly any.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #9602 on: July 16, 2020, 02:32:26 PM »
Fair enough - except for Chester. Forget everything I posted just now.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #9603 on: July 16, 2020, 08:02:00 PM »

Mad to think we still had 3 subs left at 1-0 up.

I'd love to know what goes through his head at times at critical moments in the second half.

We've seen countless times at VP when away teams are winning 1-0 and their keepers are taking half an hour to take a goal kick and they're making a sub every minute to slow the game down.

As soon as Calvert Lewin missed Nakamba and Gulibert should've been on surely? 60 seconds later it was 1-1 and we've nearly run out of games now.

He'll never be an established prem manager for us or anywhere else until he learns the art of closing a tight game out with substitutions and time managing/wasting.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #9604 on: July 16, 2020, 08:07:57 PM »
He'll never be an established prem manager for us or anywhere else until he learns the art of closing a tight game out with substitutions and time managing/wasting.

I never expected him to be so tactically inept. We've really struggled all season with the basics. Anyway, we're gone and so I expect is Dean.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 11.03.2021
« Reply #9605 on: July 16, 2020, 08:11:47 PM »
Weve lost so many points from winning positions and it is primarily down to game management. He needs to go.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #9606 on: July 16, 2020, 08:12:53 PM »

I never expected him to be so tactically inept. We've really struggled all season with the basics. Anyway, we're gone and so I expect is Dean.
Aside from McGinn.. can anyone name a single player that Dean has improved this season?

We are god awful, have been god awful and I don't see a light at the end of this tunnel.

I cannot watch our variation of the 4-3-3 anymore. And honestly, I'm sick of Dean. Don't care who he is or how we got here, he hasn't got it in him to motivate and build a team at this level. No fire, no plan B, no accountability, no progression.. you can leave.

Offline themossman

• GM : 22.02.2021
« Reply #9607 on: July 16, 2020, 08:13:21 PM »
Yes the tactics are poor. But also, its pretty special to get a bunch of players that are still in touch with survival, against the epitome of an on the beach team, looking so ponderous and lacking in intent. The guy clearly has no leadership qualities.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #9608 on: July 16, 2020, 08:15:44 PM »
I can't bear to hear whatever gormless nonsense he dreams up for the post-match interview. Switched off for the night. Football is soul-destroying.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #9609 on: July 16, 2020, 08:22:01 PM »
I can't bear to hear whatever gormless nonsense he dreams up for the post-match interview. Switched off for the night. Football is soul-destroying.
He was okay on Sky.  No excuses, but you can tell he wasn't happy with two or three of our players.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #9610 on: July 16, 2020, 08:23:24 PM »
Weve lost so many points from winning positions and it is primarily down to game management. He needs to go.

Smith sickens me. A better manager would have us on 35-36 points, at least. Thrown so much away.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #9611 on: July 16, 2020, 08:26:11 PM »

Aside from McGinn.. can anyone name a single player that Dean has improved this season?

We are god awful, have been god awful and I don't see a light at the end of this tunnel.

I cannot watch our variation of the 4-3-3 anymore. And honestly, I'm sick of Dean. Don't care who he is or how we got here, he hasn't got it in him to motivate and build a team at this level. No fire, no plan B, no accountability, no progression.. you can leave.
McGinn improved this season?! Really?!!
Barring the first half a dozen games hes drifted between average and a waste of skin!

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #9612 on: July 16, 2020, 08:28:11 PM »

Smith sickens me. A better manager would have us on 35-36 points, at least. Thrown so much away.

This , when it keeps happening then its down to more than just the players.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #9613 on: July 16, 2020, 08:28:23 PM »

McGinn improved this season?! Really?!!
Barring the first half a dozen games hes drifted between average and a waste of skin!

Regardless of your feelings about McGinn.. you see where I'm going with this.

Offline themossman

• GM : 22.02.2021
« Reply #9614 on: July 16, 2020, 08:29:45 PM »
Yes McGinn got steadily worse from his first game onwards, even before his injury. And even when he was bang in form he played better for Scotland. Smith is a shit Midas.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal