collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522487 times)

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #9315 on: July 12, 2020, 06:03:31 AM »
So it’s been reported on here that they’ve admitted fitness has been an issue all season, we don’t know either our strongest starting XI or a best formation. Now, much as I think our recruiting has been poor, this is 100% on the management team.

The level of free passes DS is getting by some Villa fans on social media and Villa podcasts is mind blowing. 

Look at Sheffield Utd, well organised, well drilled, great attitude and very fit. Then look at us. It’s embarrassing.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #9316 on: July 12, 2020, 07:43:52 AM »
there isn't one objective measurement that would point to Dean having earned the right to carry on.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #9317 on: July 12, 2020, 07:44:22 AM »
Whatever was said here must have been truly inspiring.

Offline OzVilla

« Reply #9318 on: July 12, 2020, 07:59:31 AM »
It was for the cameras, for the romance of being on the pitch at Wembley, it was our Phill Brown team talk moment. And look how that turned out. Utterly futile.

Online Clampy

« Reply #9319 on: July 12, 2020, 08:34:28 AM »
I don't see a problem with that picture at all. It was just a post match huddle after losing a cup final, nothing more. There's a lot to be annoyed about this season. That isn't one of them.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #9320 on: July 12, 2020, 08:42:33 AM »
there isn't one objective measurement that would point to Dean having earned the right to carry on.

Well I’m sure he will be arguing that the future objective will be to get us promoted and he’s done it before, recently, and not with any team. With this one.

I really can’t see the owners wearing this seasons failure but if he leads us into next year, I’d be fairly confident we’d be challengers from the off.

Offline OzVilla

« Reply #9321 on: July 12, 2020, 08:46:38 AM »
I don't see a problem with that picture at all. It was just a post match huddle after losing a cup final, nothing more. There's a lot to be annoyed about this season. That isn't one of them.

Because it could have been done in the changing room, in private. Why else if it’s not for public consumption. Not the biggest issue we’re facing granted but to then follow it up with the performances since indicates to me it was more spin than substance.

Online Clampy

« Reply #9322 on: July 12, 2020, 09:06:01 AM »
Disagree, its just a post match huddle. I'm amazed how anyone can get annoyed about something so trivial.

Offline OzVilla

« Reply #9323 on: July 12, 2020, 09:10:47 AM »
I’m not annoyed, it was just unnecessary at the time and reeked of symbolism. Whats that saying, Don’t tell me, show me.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 09:12:25 AM by OzVilla »

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #9324 on: July 12, 2020, 09:14:57 AM »
It was just a bonding exercise, like shaking hands every morning.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #9325 on: July 12, 2020, 09:17:52 AM »
of course there is some logic to retaining Smith, he knows the dDivision, he knows the players and he has done it before.
The problem is the stench of failure and the message of acceptance of that failure. Some people want him fired to punish him and that is understandable.

it is what is best for the club, and that in my opinion is that he should go because his failings and weakness have been laid bare and label him as simply not good enough for the level we aspire to.

I will allways be grateful for what he did last season but it has got us nowhere.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #9326 on: July 12, 2020, 09:19:48 AM »
Disagree, its just a post match huddle. I'm amazed how anyone can get annoyed about something so trivial.
Same here,, it looks futile now but so what.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #9327 on: July 12, 2020, 09:51:49 AM »

Well I’m sure he will be arguing that the future objective will be to get us promoted and he’s done it before, recently, and not with any team. With this one.

I really can’t see the owners wearing this seasons failure but if he leads us into next year, I’d be fairly confident we’d be challengers from the off.

If we go down I don't think we can be confident of challenging for promotion "from the off". At this point we have no idea who the manager might be next season and we have no idea who will be playing for us next season. I wouldn't predict anything until the close of the transfer window when we know what our squad is going into the season. Also on that subject what/when is the transfer window this time around?

Just checked and the transfer window opens on 26th July but there is no close date as yet.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 09:54:43 AM by Damo70 »

Offline ez

« Reply #9328 on: July 12, 2020, 10:39:19 AM »
The poor form carried over from before the lockdown. With that in mind who's to say it won't carry over into next season. We definately need a shake up.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #9329 on: July 12, 2020, 11:09:58 AM »

Yeah, well, there you go. Good on you.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal