collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 09:03:14 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by GordonCowansisthegreatest
[Today at 08:59:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522497 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #8910 on: July 08, 2020, 01:57:18 PM »
Your first sentence is completely wrong though. Its not over, by any means. You think we're going down, everybody is very worried and thinks its a strong possibility. But its not over at all.
We have 2 points from our last 8 matches. We are 4 points behind Watford with 5 left. We’ve beaten Arsenal once in a decade and Man U once this century. It’s over.

Our record against Palace is not that great either :(

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #8911 on: July 08, 2020, 02:06:40 PM »
The thing is, the people on here who are saying 'we' re down,  its over, we're shit,the fat lady has already sang' etc will be the first on here being angry if we lose on Thursday.

It's the same posters, year after year, manager after manager, bad run after bad run.

What do you honestly expect after the best part of ten years of absolute shite on top of absolute shite?  Fans to be happy about another shit manager serving up another appalling season?  The Championship was shit, and now we've got another year at least of it to look forward to.  Great.

Maybe the task is beyond him, but maybe the task we had was beyond most managers, rebuilding a squad in a couple of months in the wealthiest league in the world. Are they all 'shit'? It's backwards thinking, it means throwing the baby out with the bathwater every time and it will lead to us being shit for another 10 years if we don't find the magic unicorn that will fix all of our ills.

Anyway, weren't you calling for Smith's head when we lost at home to the baggies last season? After what, 4 months in the job?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #8912 on: July 08, 2020, 02:14:02 PM »
Risso's job on this site is to call for the Manager's head - we wouldn't have it any other way.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #8913 on: July 08, 2020, 02:20:45 PM »
The thing is, the people on here who are saying 'we' re down,  its over, we're shit,the fat lady has already sang' etc will be the first on here being angry if we lose on Thursday.
So what?

It's a bit like people who go on the pre-match thread and predict we'll lose 6-0, we lose 2-0 and are still angry even though we lost by four goals than they were expecting. Each to their own though.

Read my message again Clampy, once again, you misquote someone to make yet another insipid post.  She is getting ready to sing, she hasn't started yet.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8914 on: July 08, 2020, 02:23:53 PM »
So what?

It's a bit like people who go on the pre-match thread and predict we'll lose 6-0, we lose 2-0 and are still angry even though we lost by four goals than they were expecting. Each to their own though.

Read my message again Clampy, once again, you misquote someone to make yet another insipid post.  She is getting ready to sing, she hasn't started yet.

I don't know what message of yours you are on about,  so I havent misquoted anybody.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #8915 on: July 08, 2020, 02:26:43 PM »
So what?

I don't know what message of yours you are on about,  so I havent misquoted anybody.

The fat lady has already sang.  Is a misquote. 

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #8916 on: July 08, 2020, 02:28:03 PM »
Several people have mentioned fat ladies singing. It's felt like a Glaswegian hen do at times.

Online Clampy

« Reply #8917 on: July 08, 2020, 02:30:37 PM »
So what?

The fat lady has already sang.  Is a misquote. 

Like I said. I did not read that post of yours before I posted mine. I don't tend to read every post on here. Call it a co-imcidence. Its a fairly common saying believe it or not.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #8918 on: July 08, 2020, 02:39:43 PM »
Several people have mentioned fat ladies singing. It's felt like a Glaswegian hen do at times.

Post of the day.

Online Jim Bradley

« Reply #8919 on: July 08, 2020, 02:45:37 PM »
Just a small point but one which I'd expect the Manager of a great club like Aston Villa to get right.  In his pre-United press conference Dean said that our destiny is still in our own hands at this point because West Ham and Watford have to play each other.  That's not the case I'm afraid because even if we win our last 5 and gain 15 points, if Watford beat West Ham, both teams can still beat our total by gaining a remaining 12 points until the end of the season. As I said, not a huge issue as very unlikely to happen in any case but at least get your facts right if you are going to make such claims!

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #8920 on: July 08, 2020, 02:45:50 PM »
So what?

Hm. It's no more ridiculous than the people who predict a win every week, and when we fail to even score a goal in a match we were never going to win in the first place, move on to the next Pre-Match thread predicting victory again.

Blue sky nonsense

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #8921 on: July 08, 2020, 02:45:59 PM »
Maybe the task is beyond him, but maybe the task we had was beyond most managers, rebuilding a squad in a couple of months in the wealthiest league in the world. Are they all 'shit'? It's backwards thinking, it means throwing the baby out with the bathwater every time and it will lead to us being shit for another 10 years if we don't find the magic unicorn that will fix all of our ills.

Anyway, weren't you calling for Smith's head when we lost at home to the baggies last season? After what, 4 months in the job?

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is a definition of madness. Smith has to go. Any manager doing this badly would have to go. Did lambert get any better for being kept on at least a season too long? Should we have kept McNeil, Turner, Venglos, Garde? Do you think Leicester regret binning off Pearson, Ranieri and Shakespeare even though they all improved them before faltering? Maybe Man Utd should have kept hold of Moyes for another few years?

Plenty of managers have taken teams up and kept them there on less resource. We shouldn't be aspiring to having a manager that 'isn't shit', we should be aiming for good.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #8922 on: July 08, 2020, 02:49:36 PM »
So what?

Hm. It's no more ridiculous than the people who predict a win every week, and when we fail to even score a goal in a match we were never going to win in the first place, move on to the next Pre-Match thread predicting victory again.

Blue sky nonsense

God forbid that a football supporter should be supportive.

Online Clampy

« Reply #8923 on: July 08, 2020, 02:53:20 PM »
So what?

Blue sky nonsense

God forbid that a football supporter should be supportive.

Being supportive is nonsense.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #8924 on: July 08, 2020, 02:56:30 PM »
Exactly. Anger and outrage about something that hasn't happened is the order of the day. To be followed up with anger and outrage when the thing that you've been convinced beyond doubt was going to happen happens.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal