collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522357 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #8880 on: July 08, 2020, 11:10:35 AM »
It's not certain that Norwich are down either, but you can get 1,000/1 on them staying up. 

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #8881 on: July 08, 2020, 11:12:53 AM »
They're 10 points adrift, have been bottom since we beat them on Boxing Day, 15 goals adrift and will be relegated if they do not win their next game. What's that got to do with us?

Offline Villan82

« Reply #8882 on: July 08, 2020, 11:23:31 AM »
Bielsa might get Leeds up in two years. Smith did it in less than one season and with the poorest excuse for a defence at the start of his time that we've had in my lifetime.

Dyche has kept a Burnley side up and got them into Europe. Look at their squad, look at their midfield. Why rubbish his achievements which are far greater in the Premier League than Bielsa, who so far, has not managed a single game in the top flight of English football.

Thats your problem there. Assuming that being forrin rather than from iNguRlaNd is a prerequisite for success.

What nonsense. Utter nonsense.

Somebody got out the wrong side of the bed.

The season has been a dreadful struggle. Points pissed up the wall in the first half of the season. A monumental waste.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #8883 on: July 08, 2020, 11:31:53 AM »
Ads is sticking to his guns: the glass is half full... of whatever mad tonic he takes every morning to come on here and spew unbridled optimism in the face of all apparent probability factors until it's time for bed again

Offline Ads

« Reply #8884 on: July 08, 2020, 11:34:36 AM »
Bielsa might get Leeds up in two years. Smith did it in less than one season and with the poorest excuse for a defence at the start of his time that we've had in my lifetime.

Dyche has kept a Burnley side up and got them into Europe. Look at their squad, look at their midfield. Why rubbish his achievements which are far greater in the Premier League than Bielsa, who so far, has not managed a single game in the top flight of English football.

Thats your problem there. Assuming that being forrin rather than from iNguRlaNd is a prerequisite for success.

What nonsense. Utter nonsense.

Somebody got out the wrong side of the bed.

The season has been a dreadful struggle. Points pissed up the wall in the first half of the season. A monumental waste.

Oh thats me told.

Nonsense is disregarding English managers achievements like Dyche or Wilder "because its more of the same" or Fat Sam, who keeps clubs up. You can take your pick over styles of football; but all 3 regular achieve success relative to their aims. In the same breath ignoring Bielsa and what he's actually done in English football club compared to what he might. For avoidance of doubt, he took Leeds from top after beating us at Christmas, to watching us get promoted on the tele in May.

Of course this season has been a struggle. I hoped for 11th  feared 2015/16 cannon fodder, would be happy to stay up. And we still might which will be job jobbed.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 11:41:00 AM by Ads »

Offline Ads

« Reply #8885 on: July 08, 2020, 11:36:22 AM »
Ads is sticking to his guns: the glass is half full... of whatever mad tonic he takes every morning to come on here and spew unbridled optimism in the face of all apparent probability factors until it's time for bed again

I wake up every day and think "what would Nigel Reo-Coker do?". And I think "probably over hit a pass or shank it over the bar" as he was shite.

Then I log on here and give my opinion and I try not to be a massive whopper and label those who think otherwise as mad.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #8886 on: July 08, 2020, 11:43:35 AM »

I wake up every day and think "what would Nigel Reo-Coker do?". And I think "probably over hit a pass or shank it over the bar" as he was shite.

Then I log on here and give my opinion and I try not to be a massive whopper and label those who think otherwise as mad.

And yet you'll defend the current shower of shite until kingdom come, or we get relegated and they all leave - whichever happens first. (Hint: it's the latter)

Offline Ads

« Reply #8887 on: July 08, 2020, 11:47:24 AM »

And yet you'll defend the current shower of shite until kingdom come, or we get relegated and they all leave - whichever happens first. (Hint: it's the latter)

Ok. Fundamentally disagree, that appears to really upset or irritate you. Leave it there unless there's anything constructive to discuss.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #8888 on: July 08, 2020, 11:49:04 AM »
Your first sentence is completely wrong though. Its not over, by any means. You think we're going down, everybody is very worried and thinks its a strong possibility. But its not over at all.

But people don't 'think' it's a strong possibility, it is a strong possibility. Let's leave opinion out of it and discuss likelihood. You can be as optimistic as you like, but based on the available facts, we are more likely to go down than we are to stay up.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #8889 on: July 08, 2020, 11:52:27 AM »
Ads, I admire your optimism and of course, it isn't over just yet.  However, that fat lady is very definitely clearing her throat and about to gargle with Evian and start practising her warble.   I am still really surprised that Purslow and/or the owners haven't said a dickie bird.  I am aware that the end of the season is the time to reflect, but we also need plans drawing up in case of the inevitable.  I hope that they are preparing in the background for all eventualities.

Offline Ads

« Reply #8890 on: July 08, 2020, 11:52:52 AM »
I'm not sure what part of "everybody (which includes me) thinks it (relegation) is a strong possibility" is so problematic for you.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #8891 on: July 08, 2020, 11:55:46 AM »
Fair enough then; I read it differently and thought you were implying 'everybody' (else) was wrong to be so pessimistic.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #8892 on: July 08, 2020, 11:58:09 AM »
Your first sentence is completely wrong though. Its not over, by any means. You think we're going down, everybody is very worried and thinks its a strong possibility. But its not over at all.
We have 2 points from our last 8 matches. We are 4 points behind Watford with 5 left. We’ve beaten Arsenal once in a decade and Man U once this century. It’s over.

Offline Ads

« Reply #8893 on: July 08, 2020, 12:06:05 PM »
We have 2 points from our last 8 matches. We are 4 points behind Watford with 5 left. We’ve beaten Arsenal once in a decade and Man U once this century. It’s over.

Fair enough, you've given up. That's your call, I just don't agree.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #8894 on: July 08, 2020, 12:22:33 PM »

Fair enough, you've given up. That's your call, I just don't agree.
Nothing to give up because I have literally no influence over the outcome one way or the other.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal