collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:46:28 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by villabear
[Today at 04:37:35 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Rory
[Today at 04:07:17 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by olaftab
[Today at 02:42:51 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 02:30:08 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by aj2k77
[Today at 02:00:12 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Pete3206
[Today at 01:38:56 AM]

Re: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Rory
[Today at 01:30:04 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1538055 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #8655 on: July 05, 2020, 06:55:58 PM »
Needs to go for broke now.

Dispense with the useless wingers.

4-3-3 with McGinn, Luiz, Nakamba in the middle, Grealish Samatta and Vassilev up front.

Hourihane as alternate for the mids (but he can't pass, so that's an issue), and Davis / El Ghazi as alternates for the attackers.

Gung ho to score some goals. We can't play the goal difference game anymore with West Ham four points ahead of us so we just need to try to win a couple of games by hook or by crook.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #8656 on: July 05, 2020, 07:02:40 PM »
The guy is clearly out of his depth at this level ......I'm not sure he is the  right choice to get us promoted next season either .....
Yes I think we are down already ...expecting this "team" to win any games in the next five fixtures is bordering on insanity

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #8657 on: July 05, 2020, 07:04:42 PM »
Why leave Trezeguet on, and take El Ghazi off?  El Ghazi was one of our better players, Trezeguet utterly anonymous.

Why start with a clearly unfit and overweight McGinn, and then not take him off?

Why bring the farcically bad Jota on?

He's lost it, should have been fucked off ages ago.  Perhaps when Edens realises English sport has relegation he'll wake up and act.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #8658 on: July 05, 2020, 07:05:26 PM »
If we had pushed out the boat for Behrahma and Lolley we could not have been worse off than we have been with the two winger clowns that we ended up with.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #8659 on: July 05, 2020, 07:12:50 PM »
Why leave Trezeguet on, and take El Ghazi off?  El Ghazi was one of our better players, Trezeguet utterly anonymous.

Why start with a clearly unfit and overweight McGinn, and then not take him off?

He's lost it, should have been fucked off ages ago.  Perhaps when Edens realises English sport has relegation he'll wake up and act.

Agree about Trezeguet and jota, but thought McGinn did ok especially 1st half. Got a feeling he’ll have a good game against man utd
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 07:14:39 PM by RamboandBruno »

Offline Risso

« Reply #8660 on: July 05, 2020, 07:15:48 PM »

Agree about Trezeguet and jota, but thought McGinn did ok especially 1st half. Got a feeling he’ll have a good game against man utd

He was awful.  Looks a stone overweight.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #8661 on: July 05, 2020, 07:18:59 PM »
Have to agree.  He looks nowhere near his best and doesn't even seem to be improving game on game.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #8662 on: July 05, 2020, 07:21:49 PM »
What the fuck were those substitutions about?  We stood a chance of nicking a point and he brings on Jota, who proceeded to give the ball away every time he touched it. He took El Ghazi off and left Trezeguet on?  I just don't get it. I have been saying for months that Dean needed to go, I haven't changed my mind despite some saying we are still in touch.  Watford win tomorrow and we are four points adrift.  Sleepwalking to relegation.  We have to win two from five just to catch up.  Are people really expecting us to win four out of five to stay up?

There’s no way we need 39 points to stay up. 35 would do it easy

Where have I suggested 39 points?  If Watford win tomorrow, we are four points behind them.  Meaning we have to win twice from five games just to catch Watford?

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #8663 on: July 05, 2020, 07:22:15 PM »
Have to agree.  He looks nowhere near his best and doesn't even seem to be improving game on game.

Disagree with the improving but. Thought the first half was the best he’s played since the re start, obviously not the same level as the pre the ankle break.

Offline Risso

« Reply #8664 on: July 05, 2020, 07:32:24 PM »
2 points from our last 27. How is he still in gainful employment?

Offline Luke8

« Reply #8665 on: July 05, 2020, 07:40:08 PM »
What the fuck were those substitutions about?  We stood a chance of nicking a point and he brings on Jota, who proceeded to give the ball away every time he touched it. He took El Ghazi off and left Trezeguet on?  I just don't get it. I have been saying for months that Dean needed to go, I haven't changed my mind despite some saying we are still in touch.  Watford win tomorrow and we are four points adrift.  Sleepwalking to relegation.  We have to win two from five just to catch up.  Are people really expecting us to win four out of five to stay up?

Where have I suggested 39 points?  If Watford win tomorrow, we are four points behind them.  Meaning we have to win twice from five games just to catch Watford?

If that scenario occurred, we would be ahead of them. A win and a draw would catch them up.

Also, their next game is on Tuesday.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #8666 on: July 05, 2020, 07:41:32 PM »
2 points from our last 27. How is he still in gainful employment?

It is pretty incredible.

It reminds me of the last relegation season where we effectively gave up in January. We've done the same thing, only this time driven by a desperate wish for the manager to do well.

All we have seen so far is that he - and most of the players signed by Suso - are just not good enough for this level. The likes of Konsa, for example, might become good enough, but right now, they're not. Keinan Davis, AEG, Trezeguet, Hause, Targett, Jota, Wesley, Nakamba - all not good enough.

And that is why we are going down.

Nice bloke, Dean, Villa fan, too, but if it weren't for the fact he's 'one of us' he'd have been gone long ago.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #8667 on: July 05, 2020, 07:42:23 PM »

Each to their own, but I thought it was quite considerably his best performance since his injury.

Offline Risso

« Reply #8668 on: July 05, 2020, 07:45:06 PM »
That’s not saying much.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #8669 on: July 05, 2020, 07:51:37 PM »

If that scenario occurred, we would be ahead of them. A win and a draw would catch them up.

Also, their next game is on Tuesday.

Well done on pointing out their next game, Tuesday, not tomorrow, so what?  If they win, their goal difference will be even better.  Meaning we will have to win a game really handsomely and draw a game just to catch them.  Oh, and hope that they don't pick up any more points as we will have to match those as well.   Goal difference will matter.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal