collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

Recent Posts

Re: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - Signed by eamonn
[Today at 12:10:11 AM]

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed by AsTallAsLions
[Today at 12:06:43 AM]

Re: Relegation Watch by eamonn
[Today at 12:05:51 AM]

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed by eamonn
[Today at 12:02:39 AM]

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed by pauliewalnuts
[July 14, 2020, 11:43:26 PM]

Re: Ahmed Elmohamady - SIGNED by Toronto Villa
[July 14, 2020, 11:27:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2019/20 by sickbeggar
[July 14, 2020, 11:23:20 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2019/20 by PeterWithesShin
[July 14, 2020, 11:13:17 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 568789 times)

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #7590 on: May 26, 2020, 12:06:10 PM »
I think thatís how I see it.
If the mission is completed then Villa may well look elsewhere regarding a manager.
Drop down to the Championship and itís still Smith in charge for me.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #7591 on: May 26, 2020, 01:03:16 PM »
If we went down I think theyíll keep Smith for the campaign to get back up. However if we stay up I can see them looking to upgrade. Funny old world isnít it.

Probably likely but he'd surely be sacked if we lost 7-8 of our last 10 and went down with a real whimper. It was looking a big possibility before the break considering we hadn't picked up a point since January 21st and it's not like the fixtures were even that tough, will be plenty of tougher games when it restarts so we need to show real physical and mental improvements in the team.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #7592 on: May 26, 2020, 02:36:58 PM »
If we go down, he has to go. You can't relegate a club of our stature and stay on, we aren't some pointless Albion-type team.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #7593 on: May 26, 2020, 04:37:15 PM »
If we go down, he has to go. You can't relegate a club of our stature and stay on, we aren't some pointless Albion-type team.

I think you always have to look at it objectively and ask yourself the question, can the manager take you to the next level?  If the answer is yes, he stay, if no, he goes.  Sacking of a manager should not be punishment for relegation.  Surviving by a point compared with being relegated by a point could be just down to luck/bad luck in one game, should not be the difference between being retained or sacked.

The above is a simplified view as there are many factors that have to be considered but you should always be looking to the future, not the past.

Offline Vill I An

• Hope we stay Premier league !
« Reply #7594 on: May 26, 2020, 05:59:56 PM »
We all "saw something" in Jack Grealish long before Smith rocked up.  Legion was the first poster to flag up Jack's ability six years ago on this forum.

Sorry I meaning that Smith saw something in him, Jack,  to be a captain. Previous managers never made him this so thought quite insight by Dean

Offline Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
« Reply #7595 on: May 26, 2020, 07:35:53 PM »
We all "saw something" in Jack Grealish long before Smith rocked up.  Legion was the first poster to flag up Jack's ability six years ago on this forum.

Sorry I meaning that Smith saw something in him, Jack,  to be a captain. Previous managers never made him this so thought quite insight by Dean

He made a Villa fan Captain, yes, but perhaps to keep him calm because he's known for being a wide-boy, which is why he broke lockdown and you wanted him hung at that time.  Don't worry about the double standards, I don't think anyone noticed!

Offline Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
« Reply #7596 on: May 26, 2020, 07:40:29 PM »

I think you always have to look at it objectively and ask yourself the question, can the manager take you to the next level?  If the answer is yes, he stay, if no, he goes.  Sacking of a manager should not be punishment for relegation.  Surviving by a point compared with being relegated by a point could be just down to luck/bad luck in one game, should not be the difference between being retained or sacked.

The above is a simplified view as there are many factors that have to be considered but you should always be looking to the future, not the past.

Ordinarily, I'd agree, but the fact that we have got worse as the season has gone on, I think Dean is out of his depth and clearly is not getting the best out of the players. We haven't been relegated yet but Smith smacks of Graham Turner to me.  I agree with others, if he takes us down, ditch him.  Others who are saying that Suso should go too, fair enough, but I doubt Suso acted alone during the signings of Jota, Konsa and Drinkwater.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 07:48:05 PM by Newby »

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #7597 on: May 26, 2020, 07:53:17 PM »

Is the right answer.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #7598 on: May 26, 2020, 10:02:18 PM »
Mad report doing the rounds that Savo Milosevic will be coming in to manage us at the end of the season.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Our FB Page
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #7599 on: May 26, 2020, 10:05:43 PM »
Is it April the first?

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #7600 on: May 26, 2020, 10:06:52 PM »
Is it April the first?

Somebody's had a heavy Bank Holiday.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #7601 on: May 26, 2020, 10:31:31 PM »
Many of you guys are completely and utterly on another planet in comparison to me.

But I have managed over the last few days to dust off mine and my lads mountain bikes and got out into the beautiful and fresh air.

Cycling for me is tough anyway as although I am still able to work I suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis which which affects my hands (Amongst other bits!) therefore itís tough to properly grip handlebars and operate brakes.
Are there any options for me to add a bit more intensity?

On a side note RA is a pain in the fucking ass. Flare Ups appear randomly and after it being in my life for the best part of 40 years Iím a little pissed.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7602 on: May 26, 2020, 10:53:36 PM »
I think somebody's been at Nunkin's venge.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7603 on: May 26, 2020, 11:34:19 PM »
Many of you guys are completely and utterly on another planet in comparison to me.

But I have managed over the last few days to dust off mine and my lads mountain bikes and got out into the beautiful and fresh air.

Cycling for me is tough anyway as although I am still able to work I suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis which which affects my hands (Amongst other bits!) therefore itís tough to properly grip handlebars and operate brakes.
Are there any options for me to add a bit more intensity?

On a side note RA is a pain in the fucking ass. Flare Ups appear randomly and after it being in my life for the best part of 40 years Iím a little pissed.

Couldn't agree more pal, Smith Out!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #7604 on: May 27, 2020, 01:31:46 AM »
Footy, would you mind doing the majority of us a favour, please?

Give one of the mods a nudge and see if they'll allow you to make a thread of your own, that only you can post in, and the only place that you can post in. That way, I can be sure that I avoid and don't see your utter shite in and amongst the threads that I like to read through.

Thanks in advance.

No more of this, please.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal