collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1536203 times)

Offline LukeJames

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #6660 on: February 22, 2020, 08:21:09 PM »
If you're not bothered about a cup final, Dean - then you're in the wrong job.

Im as fucked off as anybody is with him but that was a heat off the moment fucked off comment.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #6661 on: February 22, 2020, 08:22:24 PM »
"Theres too many training ground players here"

I dont see them in training obviously but I imagine this is very much the case, fucking hell that is a damning comment.

Agreed, that's a bit of brutal comment. And much warranted.

Offline VillaBoy_23

« Reply #6662 on: February 22, 2020, 08:22:52 PM »
I think he was implying he was fully focussed on today and not worrying about next week currently

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #6663 on: February 22, 2020, 08:25:32 PM »
We've lost 9 of the last 13 now conceding 30 goals.

It's not good enough and he's not good enough. A poor decision to give him a contract extension despite a poor start to the season.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #6664 on: February 22, 2020, 08:27:53 PM »
Ballsy enough post match comments. Only watching the video do you get a real sense of how seething he was with the players. Unfortunately, replacement options include dross like Drinky, Baston, Henri, Jota so he is going to have to try and get the same players pretty much back on track.

Offline john2710

« Reply #6665 on: February 22, 2020, 08:31:22 PM »
I can think of 3 or 4 of today's team that fit into the training ground category.
Luis
El Ghazi
Nakamba
Konsa.

Trez is just shite....

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #6666 on: February 22, 2020, 08:46:59 PM »
Looking at all of those names in the last two posts and you get a taste of just how poor recruitment has been - who on earth has chosen them ?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #6667 on: February 22, 2020, 08:49:49 PM »
They're all, nearly to a man, from teams that struggled or were mid table in weaker divisions that ours, from lower leagues or couldn't get a game in their current team.

The recruitment was poor, the management has been poor. The organisation has been poor. We've been naive in games. We've lacked intensity and concentration.

Stay up or go down, Smith should get the bullet in the summer if we are to move on. This season has been shit.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #6668 on: February 22, 2020, 08:52:33 PM »
I just looked at the goals again and you can see the lack of effort and desire.  Shane Long wanted the ball so much more than our defence.  Luiz could have twatted the guy and allowed himself to get turned for the second.  Hause turning his back on the ball and leaving it to others, players not busting a gut to get back to help.  We really are a poor group of individuals and not a team.

It's broken.  Smith can't fix it.  They won't bin him before the final but they should be talking to people now. If he wins the cup, then he gets the rest of the season.  That said, I cannot see them sacking him. At all.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #6669 on: February 22, 2020, 08:54:28 PM »
I can think of 3 or 4 of today's team that fit into the training ground category.
Luis
El Ghazi
Nakamba
Konsa.

Trez is just shite....

Luiz is the poster boy for the training ground player comment.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #6670 on: February 22, 2020, 08:56:06 PM »
Luiz certainly puts more effort in to his hair style than he does his football.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #6671 on: February 22, 2020, 08:57:42 PM »
He played well last week imo so don't have the issue with him starting today.

He just lacks consistancy and solid player big time but that's a usual problem with under 23 players. Key is to make sure you don't buy too many of them in one go.

Think El Ghazi and possibly Trez are more linked to that statement although then AEG played very well last week so would've been strange to drop him.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #6672 on: February 22, 2020, 09:12:49 PM »
Quite honestly, I'm really pleased that Dean has made these comments.

That was beyond pathetic today. A group of players with no passion, effort - desire, yes. A desire not to get hurt so they can play in their previous fucking final next week.

That was as bad as anything I've seen and I'm glad he's called them out for it.

We don't do anything by halves do we? We right up diarrhoea drive without a saddle once again.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #6673 on: February 22, 2020, 09:18:01 PM »
Quite honestly, I'm really pleased that Dean has made these comments.

That was beyond pathetic today. A group of players with no passion, effort - desire, yes. A desire not to get hurt so they can play in their previous fucking final next week.

That was as bad as anything I've seen and I'm glad he's called them out for it.

We don't do anything by halves do we? We right up diarrhoea drive without a saddle once again.

As unhappy as i am with smith i support his comments today. Im sick of him defending them when they play shit and they were proper shit today. They didnt need the manager to throw them under the bus they did that themselves with that gutless performance.

Out of the back four only targett and mings showed any credit today. It says something when reina is your motm.

Overall smiths been a failure at this level. The only reason we are where we are and not in RZ is because so many poor teams this ywar. We would be second bottok had the quality of the league been like last year

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #6674 on: February 22, 2020, 09:19:56 PM »
"Theres too many training ground players here"

I dont see them in training obviously but I imagine this is very much the case, fucking hell that is a damning comment.

Agreed, that's a bit of brutal comment. And much warranted.

Seconded. Let’s hope it provokes a response. I’m with Deano on this one, fair play.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal